Bob Hartman Guitars

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:29 am

I was in the Nashville Hardrock Cafe a couple years ago and they definitely had some Petra stuff in it: Bob's guitar from Beat the System, Ronny Cates' bass, a cymbal signed by Louie Weaver, and John Lawry's hand held keyboard.
0 x

Rich K.
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Bob Hartman Guitars

Post by Rich K. » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 pm

I know that this is a "zombie" thread, but Bob is still building custom guitars on a one-off basis. He uses parts from Warmoth, primarily - nothing wrong with that, since he uses Warmoth parts to build his own personal guitars as well. He is currently building one for me, which should be ready in a couple of months.
1 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Rich K. wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 pm
I know that this is a "zombie" thread, but Bob is still building custom guitars on a one-off basis. He uses parts from Warmoth, primarily - nothing wrong with that, since he uses Warmoth parts to build his own personal guitars as well. He is currently building one for me, which should be ready in a couple of months.
I have always wondered to what extent he made the guitars by parts he bought elsewhere. I would have no problem buying something he build using parts from Warmoth. There is a lot more to building a guitar than putting the parts together. Getting it setup correctly is also an interesting and important part.
1 x

wildmanpetra
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: WUC
Pethead since: 1985

Post by wildmanpetra » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Rich K. wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 pm
What style is he building for you? Strat, LP, etc.?

How much is he charging now? (If you don't mind me asking...)
1 x

JRoyGreen
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1989

Post by JRoyGreen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Bob makes good guitars, as there is more to it than just the parts. I owned one of his tele-style, and really liked it.
I keep this one because... well, because:
It was #6 of the 7 J&H guitars he made, and he has since sold the one he kept for himself.
Attachments
Jekyll.jpeg
Jekyll.jpeg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 28 times
0 x