Video: John Schlitt in Concert in Pennsylvania

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Video: John Schlitt in Concert in Pennsylvania

Post by sue d. » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:58 pm

We have a number of video clips and full songs from this past weekend in PA... the pastor of the host church took some video from both the concert and the Sunday morning worship service.... good stuff!

http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/video.htm

Direct Link: http://riverdalechurch.org/schlitt.html

This is the same church where II GUYS played last year:
http://www.johnwschlitt.com/promoters/i ... erdale.htm
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Post by JMBJR72 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 pm

No more band?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:24 am

Some people can't swing the cash for the band.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:42 am

Exactly. Flying 5 guys from across the country gets mighty pricey. And this was a free festival... no ticket sales.

The band is still there & available.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:59 am

BTW, here is how it works...generally.

The artist will come with tracks for $x
The artist will come with band for $xxxx
The artist + band + production will come for $xxxxxx

Normally, artists can be had cheaper if the artist has some down time on the road. Say the artist is in Dallas on Fri and Tulsa on Sunday. Some lucky buyer in OKC is going to get a discounted price so that the artist has no down time.

If an artist is touring, the rates are cheaper, as the cost of operation is averaged. The more tour dates, the less expensive it is to operate per day.
John is basically doing "one-offs", so it is more expensive to bring everyone out for one date.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

well...

Post by gman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm just saying, but for the benefit of those who hit the zone regularly but not other sites, it would be nice to have upcoming John shows mentioned here. Maybe the PA shows were and I missed them. Granted they are a little far from where we live, and we were not home, but we would have given them some consideration had we known about them.

GMan
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:37 am

I would think concert dates are posted on John's site.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Yeah...

Post by gman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:51 am

separateunion wrote:I would think concert dates are posted on John's site.
I'm sure they are, but that's my point. I don't get to John's site very often, but I do get on the zone almost every day. I guess I was assuming that since I didn't see any concerts being talked about on the zone, that John didn't have any in the works. Then I see the videos posted of shows he just did. No big deal.

GMan
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

An idea for Sue

Post by brent » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:56 am

Sue, build a database of phone numbers. When John is coming to a particular area code, call everyone on that list. For an extra charge, you should come by their house and pick them up. For an extra-extra amount, you should watch their hell-raiser kids for the night.

Just kidding.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

well...

Post by gman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Just post it here and us who come here regularly can take it and post it on other forums where we think people might be interested. I would go to a John show if it were reasonably close. There are a lot of artists I would go see, but I don't have the time to go to all their websites on a regular basis. I rely on local media, itickets, forums I go to, etc. to clue me in on what's going on.
My experience in the past was that John, II Guyz, and Petra shows were talked about on the zone because they are big news. Again, I assumed John wasn't doing any shows because I haven't seen any mention of them on here lately. Just the announcements about various media appearances, which I know everyone greatly appreciates!

GMan
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:16 am

Brent, Brent, Brent... what are we to DO with you?! :wink:

You should KNOW I'm not into babysitting any more... although if the price was right.... hmmm.... another side business?

Gman, the web team and I post the dates on John's site, on Myspace AND on Shoutlife. I suppose I could post upcoming dates here also, but really - if I could find the time to post dates here as well, you should be able to find the time to visit the regular sites too and save me the extra work.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Know it all ?

Post by fcollazo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:17 pm

Hey Brent, since you seem to know so much about the Music industry, why aren't you in a hit band? or hitting it big? I got the PDC CD and it really sounds amateur, and the Lyrics are mediocre. I just feel that everytime you post something you sound so arrogant.

Just my 50 cents.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:43 pm

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Know it all ?

Post by executioner » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:45 am

fcollazo wrote:Hey Brent, since you seem to know so much about the Music industry, why aren't you in a hit band? or hitting it big? I got the PDC CD and it really sounds amateur, and the Lyrics are mediocre. I just feel that everytime you post something you sound so arrogant.

Just my 50 cents.

Man that came out of nowhere.
0 x

petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafreak2009 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 am

Harsh, but kinda true. I enjoyed John's work with Dan alot more than PDC. I could hardly hear John half the time, even with the bass and everything turned ALL the way down. If you gonna talk about someone's work not being profitable, spend more profit yourself on getting YOUR work more sellable. I bet even John thinks it. I bet that was another reason he picked Dan instead of others. I can't hear Sandi Patty good on her new CD either.
0 x
[img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/emjpro/EMJProductions.jpg[/img]