Whats the most memorable thing a Petra member has said 2 u?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Whats the most memorable thing a Petra member has said 2 u?

Post by Jonathan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:58 pm

I guess I ask this because we all know what everyone's favorite song is ("Whole World") and album is ("No Doubt").

One time at a show, I told Louie he rocked, and he said something along the lines of, "I can't leave until I find my shoes."

Another time I asked where Quentin and Bryce(?) were, and John said, "They're racing their sleds." And I thought he was being sarcastic, but it was at a hockey game, and they were part of the intermission festivities.

I remember those.

You guys? Anything weird, or rock-n-roll, or moving?
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

re:

Post by pmal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:58 am

How about, "Hello Family!!!!"
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Louie: " I hate Peavey drums. Those are the stupidist lookin' things. I wouldn't play those if you gace them to me."
0 x

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:16 pm

I suppose that would be when Greg Bailey told me they were already writing songs for the next album. In the summer of '05.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

mmmmmm

Post by epdc » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:32 pm

where should I start? :D.

Well, I remember in 2001 I took my flags and my timbrel (it was a pethead convention in sheboygan wisconsin, if you were there you know of what I´m talking about) and performed my dances while John was singing. Before he would start "Inside of you" he said to me "keep doing that" :) and smiled, I have it on videotape!!! hehehehehe

Another time was the second time I went to wisconsin, it was another pethead convention, I think it was in 2003, well, after the show (I danced too), he said to me "thank you for making of this concert something international" *smile*, because I am from Mexico.

Another time was on the farewell recording concert, after the show I approached to him and he was all like "OH MY GOD, YOU HERE???" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he couldn´t believe I made the whole trip to see him :)

Another time in Phoenix, I went with 74CAPethead (Julie and her husband Norman) to a concert, after the show John said to me "so I assume this has been the shortest trip you have made" hahahahahaha because I didn´t take a plane, just a bus hehehehehe, I live 8 hours away from phoenix.

I also remember on the second trip to wisconsin (2003) we were all petheads in a chinese buffet and John was there, well, pethead dez (desiree) said to me "hey elo can you pass me an straw please?", all the straws were infront of me but I didn´t know the word "straw" so for me it was like "mmmm what is she asking me for? a plate? a fork?" LOLOL, and John saw my confusion and he took a straw and put it right infront of me and said "STRAW" hahahahahahahahahahahaha we both laughed .

I have very beautiful memories but right now those are the funny ones I can remember :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 am

Ah, you bring back many good memories, Elo!

BTW, there's a new Chinese-American buffet run by the same people... it's awesome! You and John need to come back to WI just to EAT!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:52 am

That was a fun time. :) I have a lot of good memories from then too. And from the last few times I've seen them in Oceanside.
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:09 pm

I saw Petra on their farewell tour in Waterloo, IA. During the meet-and-greet after the show, John and Bob both signed my GOD FIXATION album.

I told Bob how much I appreciated him writing "Hello Again", as that song really helped me with my grief after my Dad died of cancer. He asked me if my Dad was a believer, and I told him that my Dad accepted Christ just four days before he died. Bob said, "Praise God! Then you're guaranteed to see him again!".

A little later, I was able to chat with John for a few minutes. I thanked him for all the years he sang with Petra, then I said, "Please keep making your solo albums. We may not have Petra anymore, but we can still have the voice of Petra.". I swear his eyes lit up like Christmas lights! I think he was genuinely touched that fans would encourage him to keep making music. He got really animated as he started talking about his third solo album he was then in the process of recording.

Have a good retirement, Bob...and John, keep rockin'!
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by microkoe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:15 pm

I have seen Petra 3 times.. but have not got the opportunity to speak with them. I did speak with Greg X Volz tho one time . In line to get an autograph.. i says...... John Lawry just left the petra huh? he says.. yea he did. ha.. this was around 1992 or so? Mabe with John coming to Atlanta next month. i will be able to exchange words! :D
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 am

Oct 1st 1987 at the worcester MA memorial auditorium this means war tour. My wife(fiance then) cousin and a friend waited outside at the bus no one else was there. We met Bob, John L, John s, Louis, Mark Kelly and Bob. I remember bob was totaly pumped. He hugged us and said that 200 people had given their hearts to christ and he had a huge smile on his face. That was awesome!!!!!!
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

Jonathan
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:48 am

I remember when Kevin Brandow left the Petra. He and Chelsea did a concert at my school. He knew a lot about the Red Wings.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:40 pm

I was at that show. I won't say that his wife's voice complemented his very well. If I recall she sang a little butch. I kinda liked some of the songs. I wanted to be nice and support them by buying their cd and getting it signed. It's definitely in a class by itself.

GMan
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Maybe I'm out of it, but what does "she sang a little butch" mean?

I thought she and Kevin did a great job together...
0 x

Fobers71
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Fobers71 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 pm

I got a chance to talk to Bob and John after the Farewell Show in Youngstown, Ohio. I told John how much Petra meant to me growing up and how their music kept me in line with my faith. John stood up and gave me a hug and that blew me away. Bob in is down to earth manner said "Thanks Buddy and squeezed my hand.
0 x
Jon Fobes
Ohio

Rocking with Petra since 1986

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:03 pm

sue d. wrote:Maybe I'm out of it, but what does "she sang a little butch" mean?

I thought she and Kevin did a great job together...
Well, If I recall she had a bit of a deep voice. Maybe I've got that backwards. Singing butch would be to have a voice that is a bit on the masculine side, when it's not expected. Basically, if Carrie Underwood came out for the first time and started to sing with a voice that was overly masculine, you would say she sings butch because just by looking at her, you would never expect that for a voice. As I recall Kevin's wife was certainly a looker, but her voice was not what one would expect.

GMan
0 x