Lee's Summit, MO concert...also dogs and Brent being random

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Interesting

Post by JMBJR72 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Boy, We Petheads are talking about the Christian music industry compared to secular music. John even says how Petra was looked down upon as they got older and he gave examples of groups in secular music looked upon well. CCM will most likely never give Petra what rightly deserves!
0 x

toolman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by toolman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:13 am

Sue - oh, wah, wah, wah. I'm making all kinds of green pushing that white stuff around! I was out plowing all night both Sunday (after the drive home) and Monday.

Brent - yes, bad food and sooohda, but great company!!!!!
0 x
II Cron. 7:14

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:55 am

sue d. wrote:Surely... or you could take them all from here if you want to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlit ... eSSummitMO#

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlit ... eSSummitMO#

I took a lot more on the 2nd show because I spent some time looking at the instruction manual the night before - so I could remember how to shoot with my digital SLR! SO different than my film cameras.
Cool photos, I see John has settled for leaving the contacts out. What a great night... Brent what are you like 6'11 cause I am the same hight as John 6'0 and your more than a head hight taller; Sue your looking good, looking younger or something.. 20 something..
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 am

I'm actually 4' with no legs. I had my drywalling stilts on.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:11 am

Tim, you're a DOG! I hate winter. I really don't belong here.

Thanks for the compliment, Daniel! I went on a big diet/exercise kick over the past 18 months.... thanks for noticing! You made my day.

John doesn't wear contacts... just reading glasses. He's using an iPod now, so in order to see the thing he's gotta wear granny glasses. I can so relate...

I was getting a neck-ache looking up at Brent all weekend. Kept telling him to take those stilts off, but he wouldn't do it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:34 pm

I just want to mention again that if YOU want to see John -- ask your pastor and see if he would agree to bring John in.

I KNOW times are tough and finances are tight but it CAN be done.

Think about the folks at Lee's Summit... it's a small place with less than 100 members, but they made an offer and it was accepted.

I get so many emails asking 'when is John coming to ___' (fill in the blank). I always say "he'll come when YOU INVITE HIM! Don't wait for someone else, or you may miss the opportunity." (like the people who are still emailing me about a II Guys concert... )

SO.... think about it.....
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Great. Now people are going to think I have no legs. Z plane! Z plane!

If Lee's Summit can pull of a concert, ANYONE can. The demographics are not ideal. The timing is not ideal. But it worked! It helps if you have an audience that is about the same age and/or likes the same genre of music.
0 x

toolman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by toolman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 am

Hey Brent - want to bring your drywall stilits and help me with a drywall job in January???? LOL
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:43 am

Sure. It might be cool to put my motorized skates on them. Man, I don't mind hanging and mudding...sanding SUCKS!
0 x

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Eww yeah sanding isnt that fun if you have a bunch to do.. Unless you've got those big rounded electric sanders..THOSE help a bunch! I've been working construction with my Dad and getting to try my hand at patching and sanding and all that.

Sue, you really do live in the wrong State for hating Winter! ha ha - You guys have THAT much snow? We're getting like an inch and a half every few days..

Toolman, are you Tim from the show last weekend? - If so it was good to see you again - my little gang of people had a bunch of fun and wanted everyone to know that they enjoyed meeting, eating, talking, and joking with everyone!

-Stephen
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

toolman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by toolman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:07 pm

If you do a good job of mudding the sanding is not so bad, but it is dirty!

Stilts on skates - sounds painful!

Yes, Stephen, I am Tim from the shows in KC.

Sue - nanna, nanna, nanna - I'm off to Arizona for two weeks starting next Wednesday!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:36 pm

toolman wrote:If you do a good job of mudding the sanding is not so bad, but it is dirty!

Sue - nanna, nanna, nanna - I'm off to Arizona for two weeks starting next Wednesday!
My woman is flying to Australia from Arizona today for a holiday, my favorite thing in Arizona is the Petrified Forest national park it's simply is amazing, can't wait to move there next year.

No problems Sue, keep up the good work; I'm sure your turning heads everywhere.. also I want to pay for John to sing at my wedding next year.

Brent you must have been on some basketball team in your day right?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am

Tim, I DO NOT want to hear it! Especially since I'm not going anywhere this winter... bah humbug! (and I don't count Louisville in March... not far South enough!)

Schlittism - I kid you not. Lots of snow already. So much for global warming.

Daniel, you're moving to the U.S.? Wow... I'd hate to see THAT moving bill!

I haven't seen anyone's head spin around yet... but maybe one day! lol! Appreciate the compliment... no, LOVE the compliment! :D
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 am

danielaussie wrote:
toolman wrote:If you do a good job of mudding the sanding is not so bad, but it is dirty!

My woman is flying to Australia from Arizona today for a holiday, my favorite thing in Arizona is the Petrified Forest national park it's simply is amazing, can't wait to move there next year.

No problems Sue, keep up the good work; I'm sure your turning heads everywhere.. also I want to pay for John to sing at my wedding next year.

Brent you must have been on some basketball team in your day right?
If you look at the pic of me, Alan and John, I don't look as tall. In that group pick, he is hunched down. I am around 6-4. I did play ball back in the day, my day, when the world was black and white....I was one of the shorter guys on my team.

You know what they say about us tall boys............we hit our heads alot!
0 x

RockOn
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 1982

Post by RockOn » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Sorry I actually meant to post the comment here instead of start a new topic.

Sue...did I read correctly? Are you coming to Louisville, KY?

Will John be here as well?
0 x