Petra Show Ticket Sales

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

The date time and locale will have to be a time that is good to travel and not competing with the national trends, so that people can get in and get out.

There are many options.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Not sure where you're planning on finding 500 people. I'm not even sure that 50 people are regularly active on this board.
I'm guessing there are more than 50 active folks on this board -- look at the number of views when the post about a reunion went on -- 1400+ views in barely a day. And it can't be that THAT many people are re-looking again and again.

There are all kinds of ways to get the word out on this - not only on this board, but other spots as well.

Shell asked "Do the guys want it?" No way to know unless someone makes a real offer, with real promises and money to back it.

I give Brent alot of credit for putting his cash on the line and putting this out there.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:00 pm

I live in Brazil, unfortunately I can not go. :cry: :cry:
But I am praying for that show can happen.
It would be perfect if it was recorded on DVD. In future we could buy it.

God Bless!
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:14 pm

If we can pull this off, we will try to broadcast on the net. Recording and producing audio or video will be cost prohibitive, if past DVD and CD sales are a clue.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm

still wouldn't hurt to get HD video of the event just in
case.

so we need to have a planning session while camping in Sue's backyard?
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

if this happens

Post by epdc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Please let us know with time so we can plan to go and all (I didn´t like it when the farewell concert happened, they told us like 2 weeks before!!! it´s a miracle that I got to go, thanks God I had some savings back then).

I think it would be perfect if we could all know a year in advance (call me crazy I don´t care :P, the last two times I visited Sue in Wisconsin Sue was able to tell me about it like almost a year in advance so in my case it was great because I got to get my passport and visa on time, I got to save for the plane and all ya know).

When the farewell concert happened and they let people know like 2 weeks before many people couldn´t make it :( so if there´s a chance to let people know at least months in advance it increases the possibility to get more petheads and other people to go.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Mitch
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Mitch » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:46 am

I'm in
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm all for it if it, but reunion concert talk has surfaced here before and nothing really came of it, and I do think the guys should be in the loop. It is true the only way you can know if they would want this is to ask and make them an offer. If I had time to plan ahead I could probably swing it; right now at this particular time I simply don't have the bucks to travel, I'm in school getting my teaching credential and students don't have a lot of money to throw around. :P I would be willing to contribute a little bit at a time over time, that would work.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:36 am

I'll support this initiative.

Chris
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:10 pm

This is an interesting idea.

The main thing I care about if I contribute is that it be designed not to entertain us but to have real ministry value.

There are already far too many places I want to go competing for my limited vacation time, so I doubt I could go or get too involved unless it has ministry value. I think that would also make the guys more interested in it.

I guess they always do that in their shows, but I would maybe like to see even more creative thinking about how more ministry could come from it. As in people led to the Lord, the Church strengthened, or whatever.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 pm

People do not buy concert tickets to get ministered to. They buy concert tickets to hear good music and see a good entertaining show, with lights, video, pyro, sets, etc. Petra's lyric's are preachy as it is. If all it was about was ministry, then the genre of music, age of the musicians, and show elements would not matter, and piano and organ would suffice. But all of that does matter and the public does not know or want someone that does now what Petra did twenty years ago.

There are many schools of thought concerning ministry and music. This show would be about Petra regrouping and singing their old tunes. That's it. The people that are going to come are likely believers and hard-core fans that know Petra. This will not be a show for a newbie. They would likely not be impressed. They would most likely not appreciate there particular guys on one stage, singing these particular dated songs. They would not get it just like I would not get watching Billy Squire dance around like a ferry in a pink tank top and white nickers.

We all have heard John's story. We all have heard Petra's story. We all have seen those same old videos and heard the same old sound bites. So there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Let's have a good time celebrating what was and what will never be again. A step back in time.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Where are we at here?

Post by JMBJR72 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Brent are just waiting for 500 people to pay $50 by the way it sounds it will happen?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:00 pm

I am waiting on one returned phone call before I unleash the details or trash can it. We will see shortly.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:16 pm

A reunion concert with the dream team will never happen. So, it is with this message that I wish you all a fond farewell. See you all in heaven. Moderators, please delete my account. Thanks!
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Well this took an odd turn.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."