If Petra signs with Frontier ?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
lucianotaz
Pethead
Pethead

If Petra signs with Frontier ?

Post by lucianotaz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Legendary Bands that I though never would come back has signed with this label, why not Petra ?!??!?

Winger will release a new album this month.

Mastedon (John Elefante) will release next month.

Giant will release one next year

Stryper has released one album in August.

:roll:
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:01 pm

That's a great idea, but Petra is retired.. (I know this forum makes the band seem alive still)

Even so the label would have to approach the band anyway, and I doubt Petra is what they would have wanted on their label. Brent correct me if I am wrong?
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 pm

This looks to be an Italian label. Aren't these bands just being distributed by this label, but recording for an American label? Stryper is signed to Big3. I don't know about John E and Mastedon. I think at one time he had a solo record in the works with an Italian label. Maybe this is that album finally coming about.
0 x

Toby
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1999

Post by Toby » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:20 am

gman wrote:This looks to be an Italian label. Aren't these bands just being distributed by this label, but recording for an American label? Stryper is signed to Big3. I don't know about John E and Mastedon. I think at one time he had a solo record in the works with an Italian label. Maybe this is that album finally coming about.
Frontiers Records is an Italian distributor. They had artists like Toto and now Stryper. The newest Stryper record was released a month later in Europe as a special Europe Edition with a bonus track from Michael's latest solo record. Frontiers Records call them self "Independent Label".
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Re: If Petra signs with Frontier ?

Post by Edward » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:35 pm

lucianotaz wrote:Legendary Bands that I though never would come back has signed with this label, why not Petra ?!??!?

Winger will release a new album this month.

Mastedon (John Elefante) will release next month.

Giant will release one next year

Stryper has released one album in August.

:roll:
All Frontier does is license to distribute. They are not a real record label in the strictest sense. So whoever records must cover all expenses, pay for the product manufacturing, etc, and Frontier pays a royalty. In some cases they pay money on the front side, but this is not the norm.

Many of the bands that you see on Frontier never really went away. In the case of Winger, he has been releasing solo albums indie style in the US for years.

Frontier is great for those bands that once had touring success in foreign markets. It is great because the foreign markets, while smaller than the US markets, are not as fickle and actually have a higher percentage of rock fans than the USA in some instances.

I like what they do!
0 x
People are returning to God by leaving the church.

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:39 pm

gman wrote:This looks to be an Italian label. Aren't these bands just being distributed by this label, but recording for an American label? Stryper is signed to Big3. I don't know about John E and Mastedon. I think at one time he had a solo record in the works with an Italian label. Maybe this is that album finally coming about.
The album is done. If you go to John's site you can listen to it. It sounds good IMO. If you want a new Kansas record, here it is. Livgren played on it too. Jamie was to post the status of Kerry after a lunch with John. I don't know that he has found anything out yet.
0 x
People are returning to God by leaving the church.