Petra @ HeavenFest - 7/31/2010

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Petra @ HeavenFest - 7/31/2010

Post by separateunion » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 pm

brent wrote:I have been to their classes and read their own literature. I have family that are Catholic. I DO know what I am talking about. Rich was buying into Roman Catholicism, which may be different from all of the various USA brands of Catholicism. I realize that there are many that have distanced themselves from Rome. Read your own documents from Rome about what salvation entails. I would hope you would reject it if you are a true follower of Christ and Christ alone.
My dad grew up Catholic, I've attended Catholic mass and I am friends with several Catholics, and, as I said, they would vehemently disagree with what you say they believe, so I'll take their word over yours any day of the week. I'm pretty sure they know what they believe better than you do.
I am not what I believe. I am what God says I am. I put more faith in God than myself.
Where did Rich Mullins ever say that he put faith in himself? Now you're just inserting implications that he never made.

Again, you ARE what you believe. You're making an illogical disconnect. Yes, God is sovereign and responsible for all things, but we don't speak in those terms all the time. When I'm hired, I don't tell everyone that God got me a job, I say that I got a job. I might praise God for getting me the job, but when discussing it with people, I'm still going to speak in human terms. It's the same thing with what Rich said. He wasn't taking the glory from God, he was speaking in human terms.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."