A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Oz Fox and the Highway to Hell

Post by Jonathan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:10 am

BTRPETRAGeorge wrote:I cant believe that these guys who claim to be "christian" would actually go as far as covering (as they call it their, musical influences), when clearly these bands stood for nothing more then sexual immorality and the occult!!!

Approves.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

BTRPETRAGeorge
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BTRPETRAGeorge » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 am

By the way people, has anybody seen a dvd that was released by Eric Holmberg of The Apologetics Group several years ago called Hells Bells II - The Power & Spirit of popular Music? It is a sequel to Hells Bells - The Dangers Of Rock & Roll, released sometime in the late 80's. This dvd runs for about 7.5 hours and it is the most comprehensive video on the history of music and our culture as it is today. This video turned my life around, as I was into Led Zep, The Doors and many other Satanic oriented bands back a few years ago!!!
It is the best doco on the subject of music and modern culture, it is very well made and I can confidently say that it is one of the best if not the best doumentaries I have ever seen on any subject!!!
If you love Rock music, you have to see this doco.

The website to look for is: http://www.theapologeticsgroup.com

God Bless!!!

BTRPETRAGeorge
Attachments
HellsBells2-b.jpg
HellsBells2-b.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
0 x

CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:40 am

Sigh.

As someone who does not listen to secular music, I....

Sigh.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Led Zepplin and The Doors are not satanic.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Its funny how people reason as to why it’s ok to listen to stuff like that. Yet those who were there and lived it and came out of that and got delivered from it are very open and will tell you exactly what it is.

Jim Morrison stated several different times he was controlled by a spirit. Zepplin was very much into some pretty wicked things.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by rexreed » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm

bakersfieldpethead wrote:Its funny how people reason as to why it’s ok to listen to stuff like that. Yet those who were there and lived it and came out of that and got delivered from it are very open and will tell you exactly what it is.

Jim Morrison stated several different times he was controlled by a spirit. Zepplin was very much into some pretty wicked things.
Not a big Doors or Zepplin fan but I doubt they are satanic. I guess I'll have to die to find out the truth. I once tried to shutout all the "satanic influences" when I was a teenager. Looking back I'm not so sure it is a good idea to assume something is satanic just because it made me feel good or bad. If you aren't careful then you'll end up labeling everyting as "satanic." It's quite silly really. I had a book called "The Rock Report." It pretty much labeled REO Speedwagon, The Beatles, Elvis, Amy Grant, Journey, you name it as satanic. Looking back I wasted a few years of my life. There are some artists that claim to follow satan- they are hardly mainstream but watch out for them.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by rexreed » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm

BTRPETRAGeorge wrote:By the way people, has anybody seen a dvd that was released by Eric Holmberg of The Apologetics Group several years ago called Hells Bells II - The Power & Spirit of popular Music? It is a sequel to Hells Bells - The Dangers Of Rock & Roll, released sometime in the late 80's. This dvd runs for about 7.5 hours and it is the most comprehensive video on the history of music and our culture as it is today. This video turned my life around, as I was into Led Zep, The Doors and many other Satanic oriented bands back a few years ago!!!
It is the best doco on the subject of music and modern culture, it is very well made and I can confidently say that it is one of the best if not the best doumentaries I have ever seen on any subject!!!
If you love Rock music, you have to see this doco.

The website to look for is: http://www.theapologeticsgroup.com

God Bless!!!

BTRPETRAGeorge
Hmm. the clips on youtube pretty much tell me what I need to know about this- I'm pretty sure I could use the techniques in this doc. to proof that everyone in the world is a satanist. next....
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Not a big Doors or Zepplin fan but I doubt they are satanic. I guess I'll have to die to find out the truth. I once tried to shutout all the "satanic influences" when I was a teenager. Looking back I'm not so sure it is a good idea to assume something is satanic just because it made me feel good or bad. If you aren't careful then you'll end up labeling everyting as "satanic." It's quite silly really. I had a book called "The Rock Report." It pretty much labeled REO Speedwagon, The Beatles, Elvis, Amy Grant, Journey, you name it as satanic. Looking back I wasted a few years of my life. There are some artists that claim to follow satan- they are hardly mainstream but watch out for them.
You over looked what I was saying. I didn't just assume they were, I have been a student of musical history for many years. I know a lot about the stuff these people were into; I don't say anything unless I've checked the facts. "The Rock Report" sounds like something that isn't based on facts.

I've done my research over the years from people who were close to the artists and also from the artists own words. I've learned the music industry from the Artists and Record companies. I don't profess to be a know it all, but I will interject what I know.

I’ve been close to a lot of people in the business, call many of them friends, they call me friend. I know what’s behind a lot of it.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Technically, anyone NOT born again is a son or daughter of the devil. So, in that sense, these people have a point. The book Hammer of the Gods is pretty revealing about Led Zep. They were messed up, some of them were into some wild, dark, stuff. But, that doesn't make their music satanic per se, not in the way that Christian profiteers would have us believe. Those guys were musicians. They made music. What they did on their own may or may not have made it to the music. If it takes books years later to describe the in-obvious, then bets are that there wasn't much of it getting through and being received by the public.

There is no "devils" music. There is music, and it conveys thoughts and emotions. The music in and of itself is not evil. The devil has no creative powers. The devil did not create a genre of music. One of the reasons that I pay no attention to stuff appearing to be blatantly evil is because the devil is king of subtle twisting of the truth. We do not see any proof in the bible that the devil relays a thought that is obvious miles away. It is not until the end, when God allows the anti-Christ to do his think that we see the real blasphemy begin. It is this same subtlety that confuses and trips up the church now, and the believers in the end times. It is the subtlety at work in CHRISTIAN music, where homo artists are accepted because of what they did previous to their coming out. It is the subtlety of poor doctrine and absolute heresy in CHRISTIAN music that leads people astray. THAT is demonic. The obvious is not so demonic in my book. It is the stuff that takes people by surprise. There are no surprises with many of the groups in secular music. Those are groups and artists living carnality to the fullest. I don't fault them, because they are blind.

Who I find demonic are the millions of Christians leading a life of inactivity, failing to spread the Gospel, failing to disciple, failing to be the hands and feet of Christ, not letting anyone know that they have Jesus. THAT is demonic. That is unjustifiable. So, before any pin-head pastors star finger pointing, let us recall all of the pastors that have pointed fingers and have had their own perversions aired out for all to see. They are EVEN MORE demonic than the people they accuse. Lying hypocrites will burn in hell. They will be extremely pizzed off to see so many secular artists in heaven, because those people did not make it in "their way". Up theirs. Whatever.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

You do bring up some good points brent. But Christ felt the need to bring out that you can not serve two masters. I can’t help but feel that if someone is not using the tools God gives them for His purpose, then they are using them for another reason and if someone’s desire is fame and fortune, or to get the hottest babes on the strip, or two get all the drugs, then that becomes their God. And according to the Bible that is a false God and you are using that false God to reach your audience.

On another note, much like there are Christian bands that pray when they record an album that the Lord will reach someone with their music and that he would bless it, there are those bands that do the same thing with Satan; praying to him to help them reach fortune and fame and reach the audience they are targeting for his purpose. Whether or not they are well known or not, sin can be just as pleasant as a moth drawn to a flame. The Angel of Light works in anything he can to distract people from the true light. So it’s not just underground bands that claim to be from Satan. If the bible says to shun the very appearance of evil, then anything that resembles Sin or evil, get away from it.

I’ve always said “Satan doesn’t wait for an open or verbal invitation; he’ll creep in with as little of a window as he can.”
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Ok wait. Serving two masters has nothing to do with the secular bands discussed in the videos and the books. Just because a Christian can play music does not mean he/her should. It doesn't mean that he must only sing and play in Christian bands. If a person's music is his/her vocation, there is no scripture saying that the by-product of the vocation must be Christian. Vocations give God glory, no matter what they are. God put us here to work, to reap what we sow, to provide for ourselves and give freely to others. There is no limitation on the Christian to provide your vocation's goods and services only to Christians. In fact, I can provide support for the opposite. This is the problem with mixing vocation with ministry, assuming that all Christian music is ministry, and mixing ministry with commerce. We can't do this. You can't have it both ways.

How far and deep do you want to get into resisting and turning from anything appearing like evil? Some would say we must turn away from any Christian rock band, for the simple reason that they are a band playing rock music. Some would say that it is not just the appearance but also the genre, style, tone, etc. I say it is all about content and content only, especially when we are not to judge people by what is on the outside, but what is on the inside based on their fruit. I have seen more godly fruit in some non-Christian bands. What about them? We cannot judge based on titles, sectors of an industry, etc.

I am not saying that people should not be accountable for their messages and would have the right to sing anti-Christian material. I am saying that we should not rule anyone or anything out, just because it doesn't have our label and fit in our neatly packaged box.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 am

brent wrote: They were messed up, some of them were into some wild, dark, stuff. But, that doesn't make their music satanic per se, not in the way that Christian profiteers would have us believe. Those guys were musicians. They made music. What they did on their own may or may not have made it to the music.
This is what I was trying to say.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

BTRPETRAGeorge
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BTRPETRAGeorge » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:47 am

I couldn't help but reply to some of the comments about the secular world of music, especially a number of artists that I mentioned initially when posting my reply. I have to say just briefly that I have intimately been involved with the artists music that I mentioned and have to also state that the music in and of itself is just that, Music! However when the intentions of the artist/s is to convey a particular point of view such as antichristian/anti biblical sentiments, then it has power behind it. Power to move an individual or a group of individuals to act and live in a way that leads to rebellion and destruction! Ofcourse, as others have stated you don't have to openly be a Satan worshiper to be on the side of Satan! Jesus said that if your not with me then your against me!

Although im in Australia I would like to offer anyone a copy of the DVD I mentioned about "Hells Bells II" absolutely free as I am happy to uphold the truth and the Gospel! You guys who are in the USA can share it amongst each other.

God Bless

My email is [email protected] if interested!!!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Unless you are the copyright owner and or have written permission to copy and distribute, you would be breaking the law.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Although im in Australia I would like to offer anyone a copy of the DVD I mentioned about "Hells Bells II" absolutely free as I am happy to uphold the truth and the Gospel! You guys who are in the USA can share it amongst each other.
Unless you are the copyright owner and or have written permission to copy and distribute, you would be breaking the law.
And it's not allowed here at the zone.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)