executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Simply AWESOME!

Post by executioner » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 am

Boray wrote:
cndfogie wrote:WOW now Boray has the wild hair. This thing must be contagious. And really Submissiveness is a synonym or a word that means the same as humility. Using Wikipedia as a source is rather humorous because as a viable source it holds no water. College students can't even use it as a source for research papers. As for the rest of your points go back and re-read previous posts. I ended the last topic again on a classy and graceful note. PM777 deleted it after I made that final response. In my book it was closed. The intentions behind the deletion are the unnerving thing. It's not about apologies it's not about the act of the delete. AGAIN it is ONLY about using "power" just because you don't "like" how something was said. In the U.S that is called CENSORSHIP. That Boray is the reason why. CENSORSHIP nothing else. Now let's get back to Bilbo :lol:
If you want to discuss Bilbo, this is the wrong place. This thread has nothing to do with Petra. Moving it to OT now. Btw, I actually regard Wikipedia as a more reliable source than trusting the words of some average internet troll.
cndfogie is correct in his definition of the word humility and I feel correct in his whole assessment of this discussion not about Preacherman777 specifically but about the censorship that was unwarranted.

humility: The quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's importance, rank, etc...
Lowliness, meekness, and SUBMISSIVENESS are official synonyms(which actually means like minded) for the word humility according to Websters & Dictionary.com.
Too be honest anyone that uses Wikipedia to get meanings or reliable content I & most others would have to question that practice especially when bringing it to a debate or a meaniful discussion.
Now back to talking about Mr. Baggins; BTW I can't wait for The Hobbit this fall.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by cndfogie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:24 am

Thanks for the support Ex. That Hobbit movie will be killer!
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

I don't care how you wish to define humility. It takes humility for one to be willing to set aside ones anger toward someone else who has done everything he can possibly to do publicly take responsibility and apologize for something. Refusing to accept such an apology shows that one believes they are above that person and that they have the right to be angry and to remain angry in spite of contrition. This is an act of pride and is specifically condemned by the scriptures in many places. If I were the kind of person who had ducked my responsibility in the matter or tried to hide behind some easy out, it would be more understandable, but that's not the case and so it's not understandable. Having said that, this thread has become beyond ridiculous and a very poor witness to Christian love and grace.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by cndfogie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 am

I honestly don't believe you would have said anything had I not taken the initiative and basically called you out. You're correct 'Preacher" I am a prideful arrogant sinner. I really don't care about your apology. It honestly means nothing. What I do care about are guys like yourself Preacher that feel that they can censor things because they don't like them. Your "Mod Privileges" should be revoked. AGAIN I made a final post ending the original thread. I could have just let the whole thing slide. But my guess is this probably isn't the first time this has happened and as long as you are a moderator it likely will not be the last. And Boray should be mindful who he is calling a "troll" This is becoming funnier as the days go by. :lol:
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

My saying something had to do with the deleted thread being discussed in the mod room. This thread was posted after the fact, but since you made it, I used it as an opportunity to apologize to you for handling the offending thead in a way that the other mods didn't feel was right. I'm sorry that you can't forgive and that you believe I no longer deserve to be a mod. I can tell you that I in fact use my mod powers very little and have never had such an incident in the past. But I can also tell you that far worse things have been done to me on this board with far less contrition. I won't say by who, but I can tell you that for at least one of those responsible, there were no consequences whatsoever. Therefore, I have done my best to provide for you that which was never done for me, that being a public taking of responsibility and apology for the offense. Again, I'm sorry that the apology means nothing to you and that you have chosen to judge me so harshly that you have convinced yourself that you can read my mind and know that I am truly a wicked person who does not deserve any grace or forgiveness, but in the end, I'm afraid that says far more about you, then it does me.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

cndfogie wrote:I honestly don't believe you would have said anything had I not taken the initiative and basically called you out. You're correct 'Preacher" I am a prideful arrogant sinner. I really don't care about your apology. It honestly means nothing. What I do care about are guys like yourself Preacher that feel that they can censor things because they don't like them. Your "Mod Privileges" should be revoked. AGAIN I made a final post ending the original thread. I could have just let the whole thing slide. But my guess is this probably isn't the first time this has happened and as long as you are a moderator it likely will not be the last. And Boray should be mindful who he is calling a "troll" This is becoming funnier as the days go by. :lol:
So, let me get this straight...

One sort of, kind of, barely on the edge of funny post in the oft referenced deleted thread and a plethora of angry, condescending, arrogant posts in both of the threads are supposed to help people think you are on the right side here?

One person already joined in to say that they believe your post was insulting to most people who read these boards and you have dismissed it. Preacher has apologized multiple ways and you keep beating the dead horse. I already know you don't care, but at least to some of us, you are most definitely wrong here.

Time to take a shot at me now I guess...
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Guys, stop providing ammunition by responding; it does take more than one person to keep something like this going. Just sayin'.
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beat the System

Post by Boray » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:05 pm

cndfogie wrote:And Boray should be mindful who he is calling a "troll" This is becoming funnier as the days go by. :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

I guess that was really hilarious.
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetraFan007 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:19 pm

cndfogie...can you please just let it go...forgive and forget.

Preacherman, let this be a learning experience for ya (and cndfogie).

Reasonable people can disagree reasonably. I think it's time to move on.
0 x
E-mail me at [img]http://petrafan007.100megs15.com/nospam.jpg[/img]

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm

If my kids acted like this...I would spank all of them! :lol:
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Masada1 wrote:If my kids acted like this...I would spank all of them! :lol:
:lol: This shouldn't be a surprise; it is the Zone after all. :mrgreen: Admittedly it had been fairly quiet for awhile. Something was bound to happen sooner or later. :P Good to "see" you by the way Eric, hope all is going well.
0 x