Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Violet Burning petition

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:13 pm

Hey guys
So I've noticed ever since I found these dudes out, that there is a LACK of the most important Violet Burning material on Spotify (the albums Strength and Chosen). This is something they alone can fix.

Please can I get more people to email them concerning this?

[email protected] is their email address. Don't know if you have Instagram but they can be messaged on there too. We want as many people requesting/demanding these albums be put on Spotify, as I believe they are the most beloved by Violet Burning fans, including myself.

Pardon me if I have made this post without knowledge that there is something in the way of such a thing ever taking place because perhaps they have vowed never to put those particular albums on Spotify, but as I'm not aware of any such a statement, I've made this petition in strong hopes that others will join me in trying to get Strength (1991) and Chosen (1989), onto Spotify for us Spotify users who are also Violet Burning fans.

https://youtu.be/8lykNsLdunU

https://youtu.be/q1U4-8Rszcs
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Violet Burning petition

Post by brent » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:32 am

Their first two records are the property of labels, and one of those may no longer be in business. So, the band won't be able to do anything about Spotify. Spotify only pays .003 cents per play. The band might not see any of the money anyway. So, buy a copy of the albums.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:35 am

Mm forgot about copyright issues
Whoops
Oh well
I can't really buy copies of the albums but I suppose that's the only way, if I could
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:02 am

Both of these albums are available for purchase directly from their website in .mp3 or .wav digital formats from this page: https://www.thevioletburning.com/shop#! ... c/30518363

Personally, I prefer to have the officially released physical CD (or cassette in your case :) ), but at least the band gets properly compensated for their music. You can always create a CD or cassette from the files if you or someone you know has the equipment.

Edit: If you are downloading files for the purpose of burning them to CD, I would recommend .wav files, because they should remain sonically faithful to the original CD versions.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:30 am

sickasadog wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:02 am
Both of these albums are available for purchase directly from their website in .mp3 or .wav digital formats from this page: https://www.thevioletburning.com/shop#! ... c/30518363

Personally, I prefer to have the officially released physical CD (or cassette in your case :) ), but at least the band gets properly compensated for their music. You can always create a CD or cassette from the files if you or someone you know has the equipment.

Edit: If you are downloading files for the purpose of burning them to CD, I would recommend .wav files, because they should remain sonically faithful to the original CD versions.
Yeah if I were to buy them I'd burn them to a CD- but LPs would be nice too; however, I'm a broke kid at this moment in time, so my best bet is YouTube haha
0 x