Whitecross

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
petrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:52 am

PetFCtr wrote:What albums of Whiteheart are ROCK!, the only ones I've heard are ballads. I know they have Rockier tunes. My favorites are Petra and Whitecross.
Powerhouse, Tales Of Wonder, Nothing But The Best. those are the 3 best ones IMO.
0 x
i wanna live until i die.

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:21 am

Don't forget Freedom.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:49 am

Yes, don't forget Freedom for WhiteHeart, an awesome album.

I liked WhiteCross too. But In the Kingdom to me sounded watered down for them. Maybe not lyrically, but for their style.

Triumphant Return was the only one I had before In the Kingdom. It rocked.
0 x

jimmye4563
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jimmye4563 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:48 pm

js3971 wrote:Yes, don't forget Freedom for WhiteHeart, an awesome album.

I liked WhiteCross too. But In the Kingdom to me sounded watered down for them. Maybe not lyrically, but for their style.

Triumphant Return was the only one I had before In the Kingdom. It rocked.
Freedom does rock!! It may not be as "rocky" as Freedom, but, I also really like Highlands.
Triumphant Return I, too liked better than In The Kingdom. I also like Unveiled and Equillibrium especialy the song Full Crucifixion.
0 x
"You say you've walked ten thousand steps away, but don't you know that it's only one step back?"

petrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 pm

petrafan wrote:
PetFCtr wrote:What albums of Whiteheart are ROCK!, the only ones I've heard are ballads. I know they have Rockier tunes. My favorites are Petra and Whitecross.
Powerhouse, Tales Of Wonder, Nothing But The Best. those are the 3 best ones IMO.
i mean: Powerhouse, Tales Of Wonder and Highlands.
(Nothing But The Best is a song of Highlands.)
0 x
i wanna live until i die.

jimmye4563
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jimmye4563 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:52 pm

petrafan wrote:
petrafan wrote:
i mean: Powerhouse, Tales Of Wonder and Highlands.
(Nothing But The Best is a song of Highlands.)
I just took it, when you said Nothin But The Best, to mean the Nothing But The Best-Rock Classics compilation that the band members of White Heart put together. But, those three would be my top 3-not in any order because at different times I'll listen to one more than the other two. It just depends on which one fits the
"mood" I'm in.
0 x
"You say you've walked ten thousand steps away, but don't you know that it's only one step back?"

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:13 pm

Redemption took me some time to get into, but I like Fall on Me, Man Overboard, and Remember This as my favorites.
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:47 pm

Yes Redemption is a good album. I really liked it. I also liked PowerHouse, Tales of Wonder and Highlands. Domination, I like, but it took me a while to get used to, but I'm not sure why.
0 x

jimmye4563
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jimmye4563 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Jonathan wrote:Redemption took me some time to get into, but I like Fall on Me, Man Overboard, and Remember This as my favorites.
Those are my faves from Redemption also. I remember Fall On me getting a fair amount of airplay around here.
All this talk of Whitecross and White Heart inspired me to listen to Whitecross last night at work. I played Hammer And Nail; Triumphant Return; Unveiled and Equilibrium
I think tonight it will be a White Heart night.
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:47 pm

WhiteHeart's Don't Wait for the Movie was a fun album, and I also like Emergency Broadcast. I just love the song Montana Sky, although it is a very mellow song. Any of WhiteHeart's stuff before Don't Wait for the Movie though to me is just not very good.
0 x

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:23 am

I have all of their albums (the early ones admittedly for posterity). Hotline is probably the best of the early years. "We Are His Hands" is back there somewhere.
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:25 pm

Earlier I posted that the album I had a hard time at first with was called Domination. After I posted that, I thought that didn't sound right. That album is actually called "Inside". It was their first one on Curb Records.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 am

js3971 wrote:Yes Redemption is a good album. I really liked it. I also liked PowerHouse, Tales of Wonder and Highlands. Domination, I like, but it took me a while to get used to, but I'm not sure why.
Fairly old topic. I know. But I'm bored.

Not sure if anyone knew this but

PowerHouse, Tales Of Wonder, and Highlands were all part of a three part trilogy. I think they were supposed to represent different parts of a christian's life (as in state of mind).
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

gdg

Post by executioner » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:22 am

Jonathan wrote:I have all of their albums (the early ones admittedly for posterity). Hotline is probably the best of the early years. "We Are His Hands" is back there somewhere.
Do you remember "Hero" from Hotline? That song rocked!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:51 am

Star Song killed Whitecross. Star Song killed Petra. Star Song killed alot of things. After Brian Tankersley left, those guys went nuts, messing with the band's formulas.

I'll never forget when our band's manager, a Star Song AR guy, told us that the label pushed Petra to modernize their sound, causing BTS. I will never forget the time wgen Star Song told Whitecross to go with power ballads, and to keep the vocals clean, with less rasp. The list goes on.

If record people know so much, why aren't they all multi billionares from assembling product? They aren't because THEY DO NOT KNOW A GOOD SONG FROM THEIR BUTT'S THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!! DEATH TO THE WHOLE SYSTEM!!!!!!
0 x