Volz news re: PDC

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:02 pm

microkoe wrote: still would love to see him and Rex on PDC. playing some good ole Rock! :lol:
I talked to Rex about the first one. He was in a different flight pattern then.

These next two PDC discs will display a definate, permanent, identity. So, I would rather help those guys to do something that doesn't put them in a box.

I would like Jimi to do some harmonies, but I don't have the cash. And while Rex was great, he is older now. Our guitarist Marco is young, a next-gen guitar hero, with fresher ideas that represent where we are now. No disrespect to master Rex. He was CCM's EVH.

Like I said, I don't know who would buy a KJ CD. Maybe just you, me and some other person in Brazil. But it would be cool to have another. I wish that they would get songs from someone else though. The second wasn't near as good as the first. The first was closer to WC, maybe that's why.
0 x

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by microkoe » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:24 pm

cool. agreed on the 2nd KJ cd! I was having lunch with Jimi one afternoon and i told him that i wasnt into the 2nd cd as much as the first. He said he liked it, and told me some stories behind some of the songs.. and such, but they didnt spend nearly as much $$ on production as they did the first cd. When i heard the 2nd cd The Fall, i guess i wasnt ready for such a change in the music and vocal style. But i gave it another listen after we had lunch.. and i was like.. it really is a good cd! But yea.. nothing can beat the first one!
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler