boston couldnt shake the curse

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
ny yankees 4ever
Pethead
Pethead

boston couldnt shake the curse

Post by ny yankees 4ever » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:04 pm

:twisted: to all you Boston Red Sox fan,i know you all are in morning at this present time and is having a hard time knowing that BRONX BOMBERS brought the curse upon you all..do i really beleive in that no but its still funny i guess and yes i have to admit i thought boston was going to the world series but remember on thing ny yanks do not give up and they came alive as babe ruth return to the feild.and now Yankees are going for #27 iam loving this but boston gave us a great series but i really think coach grady blew it and left pedro in to long...thanks for the great memories..remember on thing in the bast with boston record BABE RUTH,BUCKY DENT,BUCKNER AND NOW AARON BOONE ALL RUIN RED SOX chance to go to the world series or even win it...remember the 1918 i know you all do when you all gave up the babe to the yanks..
0 x

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:33 pm

nyyankeesfan, you and everyone else on the planet thinks Little should've pulled Pedro at the first sign of trouble in the 8th inning-he didn't learn his lesson from Dusty Baker, apparently. Hindsight is 20/20, but Pedro didn't look good at all during the 8th.

Since both the teams I prediced last round lost (Cubs and Sox), I'm going to pick Yankees in 7. They seem to have this odd habit of winning every series that they drop the first game in-so I'm hoping the Marlins lose Game 1, so they can win the series.
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetraFan007 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:53 pm

bah, end the hatred. It was Little's fault. Period. THIS sox team was the best ever.
0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:32 pm

The South WILL rise agian!!!!!!!!!

I realt don't care about baseball but when it comes down to north and south I gota go for the south.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:01 pm

Bah! BAD FLORIDA! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOSE GAME 1! NOW YOU'RE FINISHED!

I didn't see the game :(
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetraFan007 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:43 am

The Yankees will never win another WS ever again. 2001 was the beginning of their curse of the "2000 is your last world series." :-D
0 x

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:08 pm

I wish 2000 would be their last one. Apparently, the Yankees decent spending makes up for the bad spending of the Mets and New York Rangers (how do you have that much money and suck so horribly?).

I was thrilled when the Yanks got beat in 2001 though. They just had too many breaks that series to deserve to win-eventually, you actually have to earn something.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

yeah

Post by gman » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:18 am

yeah, this boston team was really good, and G.L. should have pulled Pedro, but like Derek Jeter said ,"don't worry, the ghosts will show up.". I had this feeling in my gut that maybe this was finally going to be the year that Boston was going to do it. I was disappointed and shocked as it went to the 8th inning with a 5 to 2 score. Then the ghosts showed up. That unexplainable force that comes and goes at Yankee stadium, and sometimes follows the team elsewhere, showed up as it seems to do quite often, and that was it. I don't think it would have mattered who was on the mound. The Yankees were going to go up to bat and let the magic take over.
Now, if they get pitching like they got in game 2 from Pettite, this thing is over in 5. Mussina pitched decent, but the offense was not there and the defense let him down. I think the championship form is starting to come back and they will get #27.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:29 pm

The Yankees always play with the attitude that they will win. They don't bring in any reason for defeatism. The Yankees are best and will win the world series!
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.