A Little Perspective on $87 billion.

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

A Little Perspective on $87 billion.

Post by onnyII » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:51 pm

or "A billion here, a billion there. Pretty soon it starts to add up to some real money."

http://www.crunchweb.net/87billion/
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:43 pm

Oh that's just loose Change......a couple of people in Washington just won't be able to blow it on them selves, that's all.

With our country....we'd just lose that amount somewhere anyhow.....at least we know where this money is going.....think about the billions during the Clinton aministration that we don't know about....lol

Besides, I try not to stack one dollar bills up.....now stack them all in one hundred dollar bills and you'll have a short stack.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Bill F
Pethead
Pethead

How About 900 billion

Post by Bill F » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:21 pm

Try this one for a comparison. Over 900 billion is wasted each year on gambling. A high percentage of these people are gambling with government money and put themselve in even greater need of public assistance.

As difficult as it is to believe, it really is a drop in the bucket. Add to that the fact that much of it will go right back into our economy because it is being spent on our soldiers, our contractors, etc.
0 x

onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onnyII » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:17 pm

Well..............

If u people thin that way -Don't get me wrong- Go ahead..... and waste money on WAR.....

A lot people hungry, sick, homeless, on jail...... all those kids without a home, education, parents who look up 4 'em....

But it's ok..... use that money on war.....
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:18 am

Naturally, anyone who thinks it's right for us to spend that money in Iraq must hate homeless people and babies.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:21 pm

I don't hate anyone......but I do agree with Bush, a lot of people still don't know that Bush prays for God's guidance. Bush is only doing what He thinks is best for the country.

After all, what would have Gore done in his situation?....probebly nothing and then we might have more problems left and right. more people getting killed here at home.

What Bush has done is taken control of the situation and is trying to keep this country free and protected. We are doing great, God is in control of it all. And I for one believe in what Bush is doing! And I pray for him as well as the other leaders.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:30 pm

A lot people hungry, sick, homeless, on jail...... all those kids without a home, education, parents who look up 4 'em....
There won't be any hungry, sick, homeless, or people in jail if national security is breached. Gotta put the horse before the cart.

Also, it is my belief that it is not the government's job to take care of the needy. That's what families and the church are for. Government only gets in the way.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:12 pm

I'll try to be restrained here, but I've heard so much of this on the web that I'm getting just a little bit tired of it........

But it's ok..... use that money on war.....
This is ridiculous-some of this money will inevitably go back to the US, but a lot of it is going to help rebuild Iraq. You people complain when the US messes up, and you complain when they try to do something right. You're making me think you're just anti-US, period. Saying the money is going straight to a warchest is ignorant and foolish.

They aren't perfect, but at least they've got the guts and heart to try to do something right, and for that they have my respect. If you have a better suggestion for how to help the Iraqi people, I'm all ears.
What Bush has done is taken control of the situation and is trying to keep this country free and protected.
Couldn't have said it better myself. International agencies are PULLING OUT of Iraq, while the US stays behind. If the UN wants to help Iraq so much, then why don't they stay when things get a little dicey? Or do they just want to help Iraq when it suits their own purposes the most?
0 x