Tomodachi!!!

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Tomodachi!!!

Post by seichu kaisho » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:53 am

Tomodachi = friends (in Japanese, of course)

Although a lot of my Japanese friends from last year moved back to Japan last May, I have met some new Japanese students already this year. Their names are Maiko, Yoshie, and Ayumi. They are Christians (WHOA!?!?) and normally attend ministry events. I met two of them at Navigators one night. I just praise God that they are believers and that I have the opportunity to fellowship with them and continue learning Japanese from them.

Some of my Japaense friends from last year are still around, too, whom I've had the opportunity to see and talk to again. I have old and new friends from other countries, too, some of which I know or presume are Christians, others whose religious standpoint I don't know yet.

Sometimes I sit with international friends at lunch and we usually talk about languages and about the countries they're from. It's so cool talking to them because they have so many interesting things to share. I try to remember to pray for them, and I hope you can as well.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:38 pm

That's great that you have many Japanese friends but how about us that didnt sit near you? hahahahaaaa I dont believe that you forgot your brazilians friends :shock: :shock: just kidding!!! hope you have a great time there. God bless you
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

h� brasileiros aqui, sim

Post by seichu kaisho » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:54 pm

I do happen to have a Brazilian friend at UNI. His name is Frederico. Really cool guy. I think he's a Christian, too. I told him I have Brazilan friends from the Internet who are Petra fans & asked him if he'd heard of Petra before. But he said he hadn't. He wasn't familiar with Resgate or cs23 either, I don't think.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:20 pm

oh Great to hear that you met a Brazilian at UNI. Ask him where is he from which city? 8) 8)
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:32 pm

A blonde was watching the news when the anchor said "12 Brazilian soldiers were guarding the embassy today..." The blonde turned to her friend and said, "How many is a Brazilian..."

Thanks...I'll be here all week.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

s�o s�o s�o, p�o p�o p�o!

Post by seichu kaisho » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:57 am

Jonathan wrote:A blonde was watching the news when the anchor said "12 Brazilian soldiers were guarding the embassy today..." The blonde turned to her friend and said, "How many is a Brazilian..."

Thanks...I'll be here all week.
(*drums*) BA - DAM - CHING

Well, to answer your per-question-gunta, the guy's from S�o Paulo. Try saying that 3 times fast.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Sugoi Nihonjin desu ne!!!

Post by seichu kaisho » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:52 pm

Here'z a list of my Japanese friends this year:

Maiko
Yoshie
Ayumi
Hiromi
Mayuko
Mayu
Kimiko
Natsumi
Azumi
Eri
Kyoko
Sachiko
Takeshi
Masaaki
Tsubasa
Takao
Kyosuke

Pray for Maiko and Yoshie (the believers) because they are going back to Japan this month. They became believers a couple years ago while being involved in a Navigators ministry outreach in Japan. Pray for God to help them share their faith with their non-christian families.

I think most the others in this list (except for a few) will be staying at UNI next semester and I don't know if any of them are believers yet.

This is also a master list of my Japanese friends from last year who are back in Japan: (whom I miss dearly) :cry:

Ai
Asako
Kaori
Tomoko
Yuko
Kaori
Mika
Akari
Tomoko
Hitomi
Mina (not from UNI, but went to my high school)
Atsushi
Satoshi
Satoshi

(yes, some of them have the same names!) :D

Make sure to pray for all of them (by name or as a whole, it don't matter). Some of them (from both lists) have had several chances to hear the gospel while at UNI.

Pray for those who are in Japan now - that they may find a church or outreach or something that will continually bring the gospel to them. Ministries are probably a lot harder to find in Japan than they are in the U.S. Also pray for those of them who are working or job hunting - that God will give them success.

Pray for those who are still here - for mroe chances to hear the gospel, and also that they will do well academically in their English classes and other classes. Finals week is next week so pray the do well on their tests.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

yomo domo tomo

Post by seichu kaisho » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:55 pm

Yo,

My sisters in Christ from Japan, Maiko and Yoshie, are going back to their country this month. They were great friends to me and I'm really going to miss them. Pray hard for them while they're over there. I think God could really use them to reach out to their family and friends.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Sashi-san

Post by seichu kaisho » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:44 am

Also pray for Kyoko - she's going back to Nihon too. She was a good friend of mine and I'm gonna miss her too.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]