UNI Panthers vs. App. State last Saturday

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

UNI Panthers vs. App. State last Saturday

Post by seichu kaisho » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:04 pm

Yo, I know it's kinda late to talk about this, but last Saturday I went to Chattanooga, Tennessee with the UNI marching band to support our football team as they played in the championship against Appalachian State from North Carolina. Unfortunately the Panthers lost (16 to 21) but I think it's cool that we came this far. UNI was doing really good with football this season and won most of our games. Traveling down there with the band was a lot of fun (I always enjoy band trips) even though the rides to and fro were over 12 hours long.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:11 pm

In 1996, I was a summer missionary to Bangladesh. There was another American student serving there under the same program I was, although we didn't travel together. We were together for a short time during the trip. His name was Kurt Melville, and I think he went to NIU, but I can't remember for sure. I watched some of that game you're talking about. At least I-AA, and Division 2 and 3 have a playoff system to declare a real champion. But I will be rooting for the Longhorns on Jan 4 in the Rose Bowl.
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:13 pm

I'm sorry, I meant UNI.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:29 am

Why didnt you say you were going to the game early? I live in Chattanooga, we coulda met up.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.