Family Christian Stores

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Family Christian Stores

Post by PetFCtr » Wed May 24, 2006 10:36 pm

I wanted to run this by the Petheads here to see what your opinion was on this.

Family Christian Stores is I believe the largest Christian retail chain in the United States right? This company is owned by Zondervan Publishers which is a big Christian publisher, which is owned by Rupert Murdock. Mr. Murdocl I read was a born again Christian. Mr.Murdock is a huge media mugal who owns newscorp which runs Foxnews. He also owns several mags and Tv networks/channels. So many that this man is on the way to owning much of the media outlets in the World both on the tube and off. He also owns many tabloid mags.

Amoung the many media outlets he owns is a publisher of a bunnies magazine and I believe a distributor of bunnies channels on tv. Is this acceptable. I think its disgusting.

Theres a Christian Family Store not to far from me. Knowing this i dont want to go there again to buy anything. I dont buy much at places like that anyway was to expensive, everything is price gouged anyway but still. There was something I did purchase for my son a few packs of Bible based trading cards. I hate the face that my purchase went to this murdock guy. Also I found out that he owns a company that puts out the satanic bible...
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 pm

Where are you getting your info, Rich? It's not impossible, but it would be unlikely for only one person to own all that. He would more likely be a co-owner and have business partners for something that big. You don't have to be involved in anything that you don't feel comfortable with or have to buy stuff from Family Christian, but the local stores probably don't have any control over what the owner might be doing.

The secular industry has had their paws in the Christian industry for quite a long time now.
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetFCtr » Wed May 24, 2006 11:31 pm

Shell wrote:Where are you getting your info, Rich? It's not impossible, but it would be unlikely for only one person to own all that. He would more likely be a co-owner and have business partners for something that big. You don't have to be involved in anything that you don't feel comfortable with or have to buy stuff from Family Christian, but the local stores probably don't have any control over what the owner might be doing.

The secular industry has had their paws in the Christian industry for quite a long time now.
Do some research on Rupert Murdock. Then get back to me on how unlikely it is.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Wed May 24, 2006 11:40 pm

Will do. I'm too tired to do it tonight though. Please note, I didn't say it wasn't possible. :wink:
0 x

Life_AWKI
Pethead
Pethead

Family Christian Stores

Post by Life_AWKI » Thu May 25, 2006 10:01 am

I live in the hometown of the corporate headquarters of both Family Christian Stores and Zondervan and I have friends and clients that work at FCS corporate office as well as Zondervan corporate office.

Family Christian Stores used to be owned Zondervan but no longer is owned by them.

Zondervan is owned by Harper Collins.

http://www.harpercollins.com/templates. ... anyprofile

Yes, Rupert Murdoch owns Harper Collins, who also owns DirectTV (which does distribute bunnies).

http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/newscorp-timeline.asp

But is every Christian in America supposed to cancel their cable, throw out their satellite dishes (or for that matter cancel their internet service provider) due to access to non-Christ-like material. Maybe for some, this is necessary, but certainly not all of us!

Anyway, Family Christian Stores is owned by Madison Dearborn Partners:

http://www.mdcp.com/companies/26.asp

Yes, there is some pretty weird information and opinion on the web (as there is about any large company), such as this former disgruntled employee:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rseaborn ... mails.html

Be careful painting a blanket statement on both the largest Christian retailer and the largest publisher of Bibles.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Thu May 25, 2006 11:21 am

I guess we are no longer allow to go out in the world and see what is relevant in today's society. You have to know that most of the Christian artists you know and love out there have a secular company running them, and they all have their hands into the piece of the pie that is not in a Christlike manner. I know for 10 years or so Word Music was owned by Capitol Cities Corp. Which has a huge stake in Playboy and produces, manufactures, and distributes all their movies. Petra was with Word at this time, so do you think it would be wrong to go out and support Petra's Ministry because of this? Family Christian Stores probably had no control over what their parent company did; Just like Petra had no control over Capital Cities Corp.
What I'm trying to say is that you can watch Fox, FX, FoxNews, and all the other media outlets that are owned by NewsCorp and not be doing anything wrong; It just depends on what you are watching on those that get you into trouble.
Pray and see what God wants you to do; If he tells you to give up anything to do with NewsCorp do it.
I do have a couple of questions for you PetFCtr, I ask these because I feel alot of what you are saying is here say.

1. What bunnies Mag. does NewsCorp own?
2. What Satanic Bible do they produce?
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Family Christian Stores

Post by executioner » Thu May 25, 2006 11:27 am

PetFCtr wrote:I wanted to run this by the Petheads here to see what your opinion was on this.

Family Christian Stores is I believe the largest Christian retail chain in the United States right? This company is owned by Zondervan Publishers which is a big Christian publisher, which is owned by Rupert Murdock. Mr. Murdocl I read was a born again Christian. Mr.Murdock is a huge media mugal who owns newscorp which runs Foxnews. He also owns several mags and Tv networks/channels. So many that this man is on the way to owning much of the media outlets in the World both on the tube and off. He also owns many tabloid mags.

Amoung the many media outlets he owns is a publisher of a bunnies magazine and I believe a distributor of bunnies channels on tv. Is this acceptable. I think its disgusting.

Theres a Christian Family Store not to far from me. Knowing this i dont want to go there again to buy anything. I dont buy much at places like that anyway was to expensive, everything is price gouged anyway but still. There was something I did purchase for my son a few packs of Bible based trading cards. I hate the face that my purchase went to this murdock guy. Also I found out that he owns a company that puts out the satanic bible...
The way you talk PetFCtr you will need to get rid of your cable Tv or TV all together along with your telephone(900#'s) computer(interent provider provides bunnies) oh and your car also because of the billboards you see everyday on your way to work.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Thu May 25, 2006 11:46 am

He raised a valid concern; the Bible does tell us to be discerning. It's finding the balancing point between being in the world but not of it. But yeah, you'd have to live on a desert island to completely get away from some of the trash out there. The business world is ugly, and the Christian business world is just as bad, if not more so, than the secular business world. At least the secular industry doesn't pretend to be about anything but money.

You don't have to support something you don't feel comfortable with.
0 x

Life_AWKI
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Life_AWKI » Thu May 25, 2006 12:04 pm

Shell wrote:He raised a valid concern; the Bible does tell us to be discerning....

You don't have to support something you don't feel comfortable with.
Yes. I agree.

But part of being discerning is understanding the true facts (and the often difficult-to-simplify nuances of the facts). While we live in a sound bit culture, if we live our Christian lives by bits of partial truth, we can become intellectual weak and culturally reactionary.

Ultimately it all comes down to a personal decision guided by a person's heart and head.
Last edited by Life_AWKI on Thu May 25, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Life_AWKI
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Life_AWKI » Thu May 25, 2006 12:07 pm

Shell wrote:The business world is ugly, and the Christian business world is just as bad, if not more so, than the secular business world. At least the secular industry doesn't pretend to be about anything but money.
How incredibily, yet unfortunately, true.
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetFCtr » Thu May 25, 2006 1:38 pm

Life_AWKI wrote:I live in the hometown of the corporate headquarters of both Family Christian Stores and Zondervan and I have friends and clients that work at FCS corporate office as well as Zondervan corporate office.
ok
Family Christian Stores used to be owned Zondervan but no longer is owned by them.
Yes I found this out last night after some more digging on the internet.
Yes. Zondervan is the publisher of one of the most corrupt Bibles on the shelves the NIV. Harper Collins publishes the satanic bible which is filth

Yes, Rupert Murdoch owns Harper Collins, who also owns DirectTV (which does distribute bunnies).
Rupert is stated to be a born again Christian. When he acquired DIRECTTV he should've ended all business ties with the companies who distributed the bunnies.

But is every Christian in America supposed to cancel their cable, throw out their satellite dishes (or for that matter cancel their internet service provider) due to access to non-Christ-like material. Maybe for some, this is necessary, but certainly not all of us!
Standards and discenment is what I'm asking for. I would expect
a company owned by athiest or non-believer to have have that filth on they're tv service. However a Born again Christian I expect a higher standard.

No I dont expect Christians to cancel they service and they're satellite dishes or they're internet service. Users of the services have the choice on whether they want to view it on tv or the internet.

Yes, there is some pretty weird information and opinion on the web (as there is about any large company), such as this former disgruntled employee:
Be careful painting a blanket statement on both the largest Christian retailer and the largest publisher of Bibles.
I dont care how big the store is or how big the publisher is if they are corrupt and doing anti-Christ dealings then I will make a statement about it in the name of Jesus.
0 x

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetFCtr » Thu May 25, 2006 1:40 pm

Life_AWKI wrote:I live in the hometown of the corporate headquarters of both Family Christian Stores and Zondervan and I have friends and clients that work at FCS corporate office as well as Zondervan corporate office.
ok
Yes. Zondervan is the publisher of one of the most corrupt Bibles on the shelves the NIV. Harper Collins publishes the satanic bible which is filth

Rupert is stated to be a born again Christian. When he acquired DIRECTTV he should've ended all business ties with the companies who distributed the bunnies.

a company owned by athiest or non-believer to have have that filth on they're tv service. However a Born again Christian I expect a higher standard.

No I dont expect Christians to cancel they service and they're satellite dishes or they're internet service. Users of the services have the choice on whether they want to view it on tv or the internet.

I dont care how big the store is or how big the publisher is if they are corrupt and doing anti-Christ dealings then I will make a statement about it in the name of Jesus.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu May 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Once more for emphasis.
PetFCtr wrote:Mr. Murdoch I read was a born again Christian.
Where did you read that? And since when does that mean anything?
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

PetFCtr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetFCtr » Thu May 25, 2006 2:01 pm

ok

0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

t

Post by executioner » Thu May 25, 2006 3:26 pm

The NIV is corrupt flith? HMMM! I beg to differ. You must come from the belief(American Baptist) about only the KJV is the only true Bible out there. The NIV has helped me in my Christian walk so much I understand alot more Scripture now since I've been study it. Whoever is putting that garbage in your head PetFCtr you need to get away from them, because I believe they think that anyone who goes with the NIV will burn in Hell. Bill Gothard theory anyways.
0 x