A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Lincoln Brewster

Post by LivingRock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:30 am

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of seeing Lincoln Brewster play live at YC Newfoundland, at the Mile One stadium. I've always really loved his music, but seeing him live was amazing. Unlike some of the other artists, he was all about worship, instead of being focused on the performance. Although he didn't fail to disappoint performance-wise either... that guy still has some of the best guitar chops I've ever heard! He did several jaw-dropping solos that blew me away, including part of "Eruption" (which the kids adored) There were quite a few Jouney fans in the house, especially among the older crowd, so of course when Lincoln mentioned he used to "play for a guy by the name of... Steve Perry" there were screams from all over the audience! (Personally, I would love to see him and Bob Hartman do a duet on stage... maybe one of those dualing guitars things...) Lyrically, he still writes some of the best stuff that's in circulation, in my opinion. Crowd reaction was fantastic; the kids all loved him and flooded the area in front of the stage. When he played "Today is the Day" and "Reaching For You" all you could see was this sea of people jumping up and down. One of the best parts was hearing six thousand kids still singing "God You Reign" after Lincoln had left the stage. He was also the only artist over the weekend to receive chants of "One more song! One more song!" after he'd left the stage, and to return with an encore. Truly a great moment!

So, any Lincoln Brewster fans around here? What do you guys think of him?
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Lincoln Brewster

Post by brent » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:46 am

Super nice guy. One of the churches I worked for booked him by referral. The pastor had never heard of him. Lincoln took the stage and the pastor started getting worried that the old people would revolt. When Lincoln gave his story/testimony, he won them over. The old people did not like the decibel level, but they loved that young man.

I like watching the old videos with him playing for Steve Perry.
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Yes!! Compared to the same ol' - same ol' you hear on CCM radio, he is a welcome change!
0 x
I love it when Schlitt happens!!

randy_rc
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS

Post by randy_rc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Haha! I love his testimony on how he started playing in church! :lol:

Anyway, I like how you can tell that his focus isn't on himself, but on praising the Lord... Which I think has kind of taken a backseat nowadays in the "christian music" sector...
I saw him 2 years ago at a music festival, he's a great guy!
0 x

LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Post by LivingRock » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes, he has an amazing story! I had to laugh when he told about the first time he ever let loose on his guitar in church... afterwards, a little old lady came up to him, and he sort of cringed, thinking, "Oh, I'm going to get a bawling out," and she just sweetly said, "Mr. Brewster, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed what you were doing with your guitar up there..."

His newest CD, Real Life, has been getting a lot of spin time in my player! All the songs are wonderful, although I especially enjoyed Reaching for You and the title track.
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/