A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Republican choice?

Post by executioner » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:21 am

I think they all except for Romney have good qualities, and I don't think Romney can win the nomination because of the conservative base and also I think he is the one that is the closet to Obama.
I would have to say my top 2 are Perry and Gingrich, but think Gingrich has no shot getting the nod because of his personal life. I hate to say this but I think we do need someone that has skins on the wall because on how Obama has fared in everyway. Obama has failed in everyway shape or form. From the beginning I felt Obama was over his head and in some cases shows no interest in doing what the people want.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:59 am

Herman used his soon to be campaing slogan on the accuser, and she took it the wrong way......"Here I am, rock you like a Herman Cain."
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 am

Rocksoup wrote:Herman used his soon to be campaing slogan on the accuser, and she took it the wrong way......"Here I am, rock you like a Herman Cain."
lol
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:09 pm

What do people think of Herman Cain? I like the guy!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Cain will not win. Blacks perceive him as a guy who is for the rich...same as all republicans. We are likely stuck with Obama. He will kill Mormon man. Either way, we are up dookie creek without a paddle. We have no true leaders in the wings. Well, we have no true leaders with enough teeth and cash to buy their way into the oval office.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:35 pm

stuck with Osama for another 4 years? it could be worse right? right?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 am

Shall we change countries then? I'll gladly take Obama and give you our wonderful prime minister. (Is there anyone who knows his name without looking it up on wikipedia?) He's a Dutch liberal (which is nothing like how the word's being used here - check your European political dictionary before you refuse my offer) and he's all in favour of a small government.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 am

Oh wait, let's not change countries, but just leaders. You can have our guy and we will take Obama.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 am

You can have Obumma (Herman Cain pronunciation), but I don't think you really want that. The United States only needs to look as far as Greece to see where we are headed under liberal progressive policy. Obama must go. The Gov't must get smaller.
It took the entire existence of the U.S. prior to Obama to get to 10 trillion in debt. We're now up to 15 trillion. Forget the lies of the Administration and Media. We're still operating on the failed policies of the past, which are not Conservative, and it's unsustainable. The Gov't and it's spending has grown substantially, without real money to pay for it. We must atone for our sins of printing money, and change course. As Greece, Italy, and the EU start to go down, the U.S. is screwed if it is not a beacon of freedom, smaller Gov't, and fiscal responsibility.

The views expressed in this post are those of the poster and are not the official position of the Christian faith. :-)
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:28 am

gman wrote:You can have Obumma (Herman Cain pronunciation), but I don't think you really want that. The United States only needs to look as far as Greece to see where we are headed under liberal progressive policy. Obama must go. The Gov't must get smaller.
It took the entire existence of the U.S. prior to Obama to get to 10 trillion in debt. We're now up to 15 trillion. Forget the lies of the Administration and Media. We're still operating on the failed policies of the past, which are not Conservative, and it's unsustainable. The Gov't and it's spending has grown substantially, without real money to pay for it. We must atone for our sins of printing money, and change course. As Greece, Italy, and the EU start to go down, the U.S. is screwed if it is not a beacon of freedom, smaller Gov't, and fiscal responsibility.

The views expressed in this post are those of the poster and are not the official position of the Christian faith. :-)
Lol. That's why I think Perry is the way to go. He has done a lot of cutting here in Texas; Yes we have some debt, but that is going down, Texas has the largest emergency fund cash on hand, and have a smaller budget then previously.
0 x

loengard
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1981

Post by loengard » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:13 pm

executioner wrote:Lol. That's why I think Perry is the way to go. He has done a lot of cutting here in Texas; Yes we have some debt, but that is going down, Texas has the largest emergency fund cash on hand, and have a smaller budget then previously.
I've always liked Perry, but the dude has got to learn how to debate. He had the luxury of ignoring Bill White during the governor's race, but he doesn't have that now. His debat performances have been bad. His stance on in-state tuition for illegals is a deal-breaker for many Tea Party conservatives, so he's got a big hill to climb. In the end, it'll be Romney against which ever conservative is left after the media rips each of them up one at a time. That just might be Perry or Newt.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 am

When it all shakes out, I will be surprised if Newt doesn't win the nomination. He's not my first choice. Whoever wins it, you can bet most of the media will be getting paid double time and a half to smear them. Even Hilary wasn't imune from these jackyls when she was running against the almighty Obama, and she's on their side.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 am

gman wrote:You can have Obumma (Herman Cain pronunciation), but I don't think you really want that. The United States only needs to look as far as Greece to see where we are headed under liberal progressive policy. Obama must go. The Gov't must get smaller.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -economy/1

To be honest, I don't get why everybody's so worried about Europe. We have some countries that have made a mess of things, but that is completely cancelled out by the strong northern European countries. In general the situation in the EU is much, much better than in the US. So we should actually have a $ crisis instead of a Euro crisis.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-1 ... risis.html

One of the problems in Europe is that the UK is not part of the Euro zone and they have a big say in the EU. They're slowing things down. For years there's been a strong anti-Euro sentiment in the UK and now they'd rather sooner than later see the Euro collapse to prove to the British public that they were right in not participating in the Euro.

And I'm not sure if Obama is the problem or the standstill in your House of Representatives where all those millionaires are deciding about where to have their next copious lunch that's being paid by poor tax-payers. Wealth is power in the US and to me it seems like the American governmental system is more similar to a plutocracy than to a democracy.

Last week I read a news article that 6% of all Americans are living below poverty level (if that's the correct English expression). The most shocking thing was that most of these 6% are actually working and they earn (with a full time job) less than 50% of the minimum wage. There is something completely wrong about a system where wealthy people who own businesses can dictate employees at McDonald's and prevent them from forming a union, so as a result they can't stand up for their own rights and will never earn more than a lowsy 50% of the minimum wage. So much for the American dream, when it's killed in the bud by the $$ of the mighty.

All Republicans care about is if the laws on abortion are correct, so we can put more people on the world and then just don't care about their welfare anymore and let them struggle and die. You can sleep nice and easy, because America is the land of opportunities. You just have to be darned lucky to ever see some of those opportunities. Read the Gospel of Luke: it's all about the marginalized in society. They are the ones Jesus is reaching out to. So how can you on the one hand say that the church should take care of these people, and on the other hand vote for the Republican party because preventing abortion is the most holy issue of all and then willfully support a party and a system that keep treading on the same poor that you and your church are supposed to take care of? Taking responsibility for and reaching out to the poor also means making sure that society will change to make it possible for hard working people to earn more than 50% of the minimum wage.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:47 am

Anyone watch Perry flub last night? He's done.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:40 am

I didn't watch the 10th debate last night, but I saw the recaps about 250 times this morning on the news. I truly feel bad for Rick, but can't help but laugh at how rediculous it was. From what I hear from people living in Texas, he's doing a good job down there. It will be tough to overcome that brain fart though.
0 x