New/Old Van Halen

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: New/Old Van Halen

Post by Preacherman777 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:57 am

The album is doing quite well and right now is in a battle for coming at #1 on Billboards Top 200 albums chart. It's competition is the new Adele album. But regardless of whether or not it gets it, it's first week sales are expected to be around 200,000. Also, the vast majority of the reviews I've read have been quite positive. It was kind of funny how so many people heard Tattoo and pretty much decided this album was gonna be weak and then they heard the album and were blown away.

Exe, where did you hear that Eddie said a couple of the songs were from Balance?
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 am

It was amazing how it was written completely off. Over at www.melodicrock.com there were a bunch of music snobs making decisions based on the preview clips. The preview clips did not represent the album at all. When the advanced sales of the album occurred, the actual purchasers were describing something completely different. It happens all the time. It happens in the recording, live sound and musical instrument world too. Some people post opinions without having any experience with a product. Everyone just has to take a step of faith on their own, taste and see.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:03 pm

[quote="Preacherman777"]The album is doing quite well and right now is in a battle for coming at #1 on Billboards Top 200 albums chart. It's competition is the new Adele album. But regardless of whether or not it gets it, it's first week sales are expected to be around 200,000. Also, the vast majority of the reviews I've read have been quite positive. It was kind of funny how so many people heard Tattoo and pretty much decided this album was gonna be weak and then they heard the album and were blown away.

Exe, where did you hear that Eddie said a couple of the songs were from Balance?[/quote

To be honest I'm not sure which mag, but I believe it was Guitar World; My better half and I were at Half Price Books(where I got the CD) and while I was waiting for her I was skimming through the mag rack. It wasn't an interview it was like a blog of some sort near the front.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:49 pm

I would be curious to read that. I was told that they were all DLR era. I guess the one exception would be the re-working of "Ripley" from the Wild Life soundtrack, which was played on a......Ripley guitar....built by Steve Ripley in OK.
0 x