A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Re: US presidents

Post by rexreed » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmm. Even if he is Muslim, since when is that illegal. Also, when did Islam become a country?
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 am

It's not illegal to be muslim, but it's something worth knowing. A lot of people would probably have a problem with that and probably would nt have voted for him. I personally don't see him as a very religious guy.
We've got bigger problems than just his religion and who he is sympathetic to in the middle east. There's audio out now of Romney talking to a group about our debt, and he's right. We're adding about a trillion a year to our debt. Romney points out where the money is coming from. Under the approving, blind, or whatever it is eye of this administration, and the previous one, the federal reserve is printing a big chunk of the money. The current round of printing is apparently open ended. Romney is right that we have to reverse course now. It has never worked for any other country that has tried it. Is our Gov't foolish in believing it can work here, or is there some other purpose for doing it. We're not the only country currently doing it. It's almost like there is some collusion going on to have multiple countries working toward bringing down their economy. God help us if Obama is allowed four more years to continue this mess.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 am

I think Obama and his admin is purposely doing this; He & Michelle are always talking about how America should apologize for our wealth, for our power etc, etc, etc... I believe he is a Muslim and I am very scared about this fact, because muslims really bring their beliefs to a head(usually violent) when in power; I could state numerous examples of this in the past & now current. He shows his distain for Israel and basically has given Iran a free pass with all their threats towards Israel. If elected to another term I believe all this will become more of an issue and our status will become even more bleak. I believe with on how he has sidestep congress on just about everything shows he has no real respect for our Constitution and our laws; these things are the first sign of a dictatorship, and I think even if he loses this election he will do everything he can to keep himself in the White House.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am

The middle east is on fire, our embassies are under attack all over, unemployment is not coming down, gas prices are still going up, the housing market is still lousy, and we're printing massive amounts of money; devaluing the dollar and making it more expensive for people to live. Just this week it was announced that 8 coal plants are closing (see how this relates to the president saying energy prices would necessarily skyrocket), and a report came out showing that the U.S. now ranks 10th in economic freedom.
It's one thing to want a social safety net, and to debate about how large or broad it should be, and which party can best mange it. But, do we have any future with an economic buffoon in charge, or worse yet, someone who wants us to suffer, and a federal reserve that is putting on on the road to economic ruin(see zimbabwe, weimar, etc)?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Islam is a political system with a religion, plain and simple. Historically, countries have adopted Islam by being overridden and/or conquered. Islam IS a country more or less and will be an official united nation.

Treason is illegal. If Obama's Muslim beliefs are influencing his activities, which IS jeopardizing the USA on multiple levels, then Islam is contributing and therefore should not be tolerated. We believe that the government should not have a religion. The government should not force us to be under the control of a religion either. Obama is forcing us to be subservient to his religion now.
0 x

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Petrafan327 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:28 pm

rexreed wrote:
Matthew RJ wrote:
brent wrote:This is not about respect for the Office. Obama has none for it. That is proven. Either way, Obama will not be able to go anywhere or do anything without protective services for the rest of his life. He is making terrorists mad, Islamic nuts mad, blacks mad, whites mad, big business mad, small business mad, wall street mad...the whole freakin world outside of the left wing idiot circles hates the man.
The same thing was said about Bush (switch left wing for right wing and the sentence reads the same) - are you noticing a trend here?
Folks that make these type comments do not notice a trend. For eight years I heard about how stupid the POTUS was and now all I hear about is how the Prez. is Muslim, which isn't against any law, or that he is not even a citizen, or how even though he is POTUS he secretly wants to run it into the ground. Yes- that is the uiltimate goal. Congress and the SCOTUS are the check and balances but the Press will overrule them and destroy the country. Also I'm pretty sure he isn't Muslim but none of us has any way of knowing do we?
0 x
"I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men than a fool in the eyes of God"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Petrafan327/featured

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by rexreed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05 am

:lol: oh please... I remember that. A lot of people make mistakes on camera but i do not think that was a mistake. In the clip posted you do not hear the context of the statement. fins the whole clip and you will see.

On a side note-Some of you are acting like complete conspiracy theorists. Enjoy the false, made up movies and books and news articles that cater to your own beliefs. When something important happens that you need to know about hopefully one of your sources will accidentally let you know :lol:
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by gman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Where's the conspiracy? Gas is $4 a gallon, unemployment is still over 8 percent, the federal deficit is up to 16 trillion, the administration has aligned itself with the Muslim brotherhood, more people are taking Gov't assistance under this president, and the federal reserve announced another round of quantitative easing; this time open ended. They're printing money which isn't backed by anything (it has no value), and they are using it to buy up some of our debt. I guess to ease fears on wallstreet that the we could be headed for serious trouble over our debt.
It might be conspiracy to suggest that a lot of what is going on is being done on purpose, but I personally don't think so. I take the president at his word. He said he was going to fundamentally transform America. To me that means turn it into something else.
These things are going on regardless, and they are not good. It's not about the parties anymore. It's about whether or not we are going in the right direction. I don't think we are. The train really got rolling in this direction during the Bush administration, and President Obama is Doc Brown throwing a few more logs on the fire.
I believe Mitt Romney is simply saying lets stop printing money, lets get to a balanced budget, lets get the economy and job market going again, lets use American resources to help reduce our deficit, and lets shore up the safety nets we already enjoy. Lets get our fiscal house in order and not go the way of other parts of the world into financial ruin. We can fight about expanded safety nets later.
We are the great and mighty America, and there is no reason to transform into something else.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by rexreed » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:05 am

E.g. Marshall was the best president ever. Period. What he did was for all the people on earth, except one.
0 x

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Petrafan327 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm

gman wrote:Where's the conspiracy? Gas is $4 a gallon, unemployment is still over 8 percent, the federal deficit is up to 16 trillion, the administration has aligned itself with the Muslim brotherhood, more people are taking Gov't assistance under this president, and the federal reserve announced another round of quantitative easing; this time open ended. They're printing money which isn't backed by anything (it has no value), and they are using it to buy up some of our debt. I guess to ease fears on wallstreet that the we could be headed for serious trouble over our debt.
It might be conspiracy to suggest that a lot of what is going on is being done on purpose, but I personally don't think so. I take the president at his word. He said he was going to fundamentally transform America. To me that means turn it into something else.
These things are going on regardless, and they are not good. It's not about the parties anymore. It's about whether or not we are going in the right direction. I don't think we are. The train really got rolling in this direction during the Bush administration, and President Obama is Doc Brown throwing a few more logs on the fire.
I believe Mitt Romney is simply saying lets stop printing money, lets get to a balanced budget, lets get the economy and job market going again, lets use American resources to help reduce our deficit, and lets shore up the safety nets we already enjoy. Lets get our fiscal house in order and not go the way of other parts of the world into financial ruin. We can fight about expanded safety nets later.
We are the great and mighty America, and there is no reason to transform into something else.
where is the like button?
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by gman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

Madonna states the President's religion in a pro Obama rant during one of her concerts.
At a concert in Washington, D.C. on Monday, Madonna declared her support for President Barack Obama but sounded confused about his religion.

“Y’all better vote for f------g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House,” the singer said emphatically into the microphone. “Now, …that’s some amazing s----t. It means there is hope in this country.”
She was confused about his religion. Or was she? :shock:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 am

gman wrote:Madonna states the President's religion in a pro Obama rant during one of her concerts.
At a concert in Washington, D.C. on Monday, Madonna declared her support for President Barack Obama but sounded confused about his religion.

“Y’all better vote for f------g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House,” the singer said emphatically into the microphone. “Now, …that’s some amazing s----t. It means there is hope in this country.”
She was confused about his religion. Or was she? :shock:

I don't know why she is even commenting about it, she no longer resides here and since she has no official residence on U.S. soil she will not be allowed to vote.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya

Post by Jonathan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 am

some twit wrote:“Y’all better vote for f------g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House,” the singer said emphatically into the microphone. “Now, …that’s some amazing s----t. It means there is hope in this country.”
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Petrafan327 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 am

Jonathan wrote:
some twit wrote:“Y’all better vote for f------g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House,” the singer said emphatically into the microphone. “Now, …that’s some amazing s----t. It means there is hope in this country.”
Jonathan has spoken : )
0 x

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Petrafan327 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:34 am

Bill O'Reilly played the Madonna clip the other night... is it just me or does she look REALLY stoned on the video? (well... she was drinking a bottle of something, I'm assuming it was some form of alcohol)
0 x