A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: What if there's a tie?

Post by executioner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Very far fetched, and really could never happen. The one thing that is wrong in the video is the third party candiate could actually never win in this day and time because if no one got the majority to win no one in the Senate & House would vote for the third party.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Impossible. Anyone wasting their time on a video....never mind.
0 x

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Petrafan327 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Biden was very disrespectful tonight to Ryan, I hope people wake up and see how deceitful the Democrats are.
0 x
"I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men than a fool in the eyes of God"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Petrafan327/featured

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 am

Is it even mathematically possible to have a tie? Could the states be divided in such a way to give each candidate 269 electoral votes?
Petrafan327 wrote:Biden was very disrespectful tonight to Ryan, I hope people wake up and see how deceitful the Democrats are.
I'll forego anything long winded and just say this. The administration can repeat the same thing over and over about the economy, about what they say happened in Libya, about their supposed support of the middle class, but the reality on the ground doesn't match up.
Common sense doesn't support the notion that they care about the middle class. Gas prices are up energy prices are up, food prices are up, and their goals, for the last four years and the next four, are a major contributor. Again, the president said he was okay with $4 gasoline. He said electricity prices would necessarily skyrocket under his plan to eliminate coal usage. Our dollar is being devalued due to massive printing of money, which drives up inflation and causes higher prices. There's no possible way to define that as supporting the middle class. The poor get subsidized, the rich can take the hit, and we all get screwed.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am

gman wrote:Is it even mathematically possible to have a tie? Could the states be divided in such a way to give each candidate 269 electoral votes?
Petrafan327 wrote:Biden was very disrespectful tonight to Ryan, I hope people wake up and see how deceitful the Democrats are.
I'll forego anything long winded and just say this. The administration can repeat the same thing over and over about the economy, about what they say happened in Libya, about their supposed support of the middle class, but the reality on the ground doesn't match up.
Common sense doesn't support the notion that they care about the middle class. Gas prices are up energy prices are up, food prices are up, and their goals, for the last four years and the next four, are a major contributor. Again, the president said he was okay with $4 gasoline. He said electricity prices would necessarily skyrocket under his plan to eliminate coal usage. Our dollar is being devalued due to massive printing of money, which drives up inflation and causes higher prices. There's no possible way to define that as supporting the middle class. The poor get subsidized, the rich can take the hit, and we all get screwed.

Nicely said. Our costs on goods such as foods & gas in some cases have tripled since 2008; I've also noticed the costs of repairing cars from anything from major to minor has skyrocketed. I found an oil change receipt in my glove box the other day from 2008 and the cost was $16.95+ tax and now at the same shop it is costing me $39.95 that has more than doubled.....
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!