A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
PiedPiper
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1986

Chrislam and Assemblies of God

Post by PiedPiper » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:48 am

Hey folks,
I have family that live in Tennessee and they are talking about this expanding group of people in the South, often associated with the Austrailian Assemblies of God or the Hillsong United group, that are teaching about Chrislam. Does anyone have any insight into this? I've not heard much about this in the New England area.
Thanks,
PP
0 x
There is a road inside of you; inside of me there is one too.
No stumbling pilgrim in the dark, the road to Zion's in your heart.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Chrislam and Assemblies of God

Post by executioner » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 am

I have a sister that lives in Eastern Tennessee let me check with her and see if she knows anything.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 am

Anything related to Hillsong is heresy. Their music makes me want to vommit. It churns a weird spirit.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 am

BTW, do you AOG people here align yourselves with the WOF doctrines?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:35 am

brent wrote:Anything related to Hillsong is heresy. Their music makes me want to vommit. It churns a weird spirit.
I totally don't agree with you, but picturing your reaction to Hillsong music is quite funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what is the Islamic part in Chrislam? I've never heard the term and I'm curious what you guys think defines Chrislamic as opposed to Christian.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:18 am

p-freak wrote:
brent wrote:Anything related to Hillsong is heresy. Their music makes me want to vommit. It churns a weird spirit.
I totally don't agree with you, but picturing your reaction to Hillsong music is quite funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what is the Islamic part in Chrislam? I've never heard the term and I'm curious what you guys think defines Chrislamic as opposed to Christian.
Chrislam denies Jesus Christ is who he says he is, just like the Koran. Jesus is just a good prophet. This is where the Koran goes in circles. A Muslim prophet cannot be "good" unless he speaks 100% truth. Jesus is to return as a right hand man, not the Son of God, dispense judgement, admit he is not God, etc. In the bible, it is the job of the angels to gather the wicked for judgement. Jesus returns to gather his church.

The Hillsong leader denies he teaches this stuff. I don't know why people would make the accusation, unless there was some unclear teaching. Like most things, when there is smoke, there is fire. We will see.

Hillsong is a recording label with a church. They are not a non-profit entity. They do not operate as a NT church in form and function. Houston DOES teach the health and wealth, blab and grab, name it and claim it gospel. He is a heretic on multiple levels. I have not read all of them, but there are theologian papers using Houston's own words, detailing how Hillsong practices post-modern ecclesiastical fascism.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 am

Any Australian made cults like Hill$ong.... run... run for the hills, run for your life... in fact there is more truth in Iron Maiden than Hill$ong.

Hill$ong was founded by pedofhiles.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:06 pm

There are many ministries and non profits benefiting from the gifts of lost sinners. The bible said that the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the wise. So, I don't have a problem with that per se. Heck, how many lost people fund churches? If someone wants to give, let them give. But, when the church, para church and non profit industry people are chummy and "in bed" with those people, that's what I have a problem with. It may not even be wrong to be chummy. It just gives me the creeps. Thank God, I am not in a position to have to run a multimillion dollar empire like that.

Heck, look at Paula White. I would hate to be her. First of all, I am a size 13.5 and couldn't find any attractive heels, I would have chosen a better plastic surgeon and would have gotten larger implants than she has (go huge or go home), but I would have gone after someone like Paul McCartney, instead of Jonathan Cain of Journey. Come on. Jonathan Cain is great and all, but she really needs him to die faster and have more money to spend. What a thieving, demonic, WOF hoe.

Aaaaaanyway. I don't like the Hillsong genre of music, did I mention that. I think I will go put on their CD, get out a barf bag and wrench to the Spirit of Earl, with my plastic third grade ten commandments place holder stuck down my throat.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:21 am

I would have chosen a better plastic surgeon and would have gotten larger implants than she has (go huge or go home)
What a thieving, demonic, WOF hoe.
What are things I could never have imagined I would read on a Tuesday morning at The Petra Zone.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some folks have a gift for being frank.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:29 pm

We all have burdens to bare. By the way, I have never met this Frank, and can honestly say I am not trying to be like him.
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:51 pm

As far as I know, this is Frank. With that in mind, maybe you are trying to be like him? :lol: :lol: :| :lol:
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:54 pm

:lol: I got a kick of those last couple of posts. This actually went in an amusing direction. I will say I have learned to appreciate Brent's straightforwardness over the years. I do agree with him as far as principle more often than not, and he does know what he's talking about much of the time. However, it is possible that others who don't see things or think exactly the way you do might know what they're talking about also. Just saying. And that applies to anyone. 8)
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:55 am

Frank can sling a pretty mean pizza, so he's alright in my book.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 am

brent wrote:BTW, do you AOG people here align yourselves with the WOF doctrines?

No, we in the Assemblies of God (at least in the US Assemblies of God) absolutely, positively, do not align ourselves with WOF doctrines. All of the WOF churches and preachers of which I am aware are independent. Honestly, back in the 90's they were all coalescing in such a way that I expected them to form their own denomination. It didn't happen, of course. Like Independent Baptists, they value their independence very, very dearly.

The Assemblies of God in the United States does not adhere to WOF doctrines at all. I can't, however, speak for the Assemblies of God in Australia. I have no idea how they might view such doctrines.

You see, the Assemblies of God around the world is not a single denomination. The AG in Australia, or any other country for that matter, does not answer to the AG in the U.S., nor do we answer to the AG in any other country. Each AG fellowship in each country is a "sister" fellowship to the AG fellowships in other countries. But the AG in the U.S. can no more dictate doctrine or practice to the Australian AG than we can to the Southern Baptists.

This gives some level of distance to our fellowships in countries that are ... shall we say ... less than friendly with the United States.

So, I don't know what the Australian AG's take on WOF doctrine might be. But here in the U.S., we do not adhere to it.

I have no idea what connection Hillsong might have with "Chrislam", and the only time I've ever heard the term was in one of Arthur C. Clarke's last stories ... a story I never finished because it had such negative, anti-Christian overtones. I have no idea what it might mean.

All the AG fellowships I know of preach uncompromisingly that Jesus Christ is Divine Son of God ... the Second Person of the Triune Godhead, eternally existent (i.e. has always existed and always will) with the Father and that the Bible is the verbally inspired inerrant Word of God.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul