Mark Farner

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Mark Farner

Post by brent » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Well, I just watched That Metal Show and was disappointed to see and hear Mark Farner talking about how his vices are the ladies. He likes lots of them, all shapes, ages and sizes. The more ladies he has, the better. He had a potty mouth too. It doesn't sound like he is still living the profession of faith he made years ago. Maybe he was just cashing in.
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Re: Mark Farner

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:03 pm

brent wrote:Well, I just watched That Metal Show and was disappointed to see and hear Mark Farner talking about how his vices are the ladies. He likes lots of them, all shapes, ages and sizes. The more ladies he has, the better. He had a potty mouth too. It doesn't sound like he is still living the profession of faith he made years ago. Maybe he was just cashing in.
That's too bad. What's weird about him talking about the ladies is that as recently as 2014, he was happily married to his wife Lesia. Maybe the marriage went south...I don't know.

Two other things worth mentioning...back in July 2010, Mark and Lesia's youngest son had an accident that left him a quadriplegic. Also about two years ago, Mark underwent surgery to have a pacemaker put in, and he mentioned in a couple of interviews that he doesn't have health insurance for himself or his family. Maybe everything that has happened within the last five years led him to backslide. Again, I'm just speculating. I guess the best thing we can do is just pray for him, his wife, and their son.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Mark Farner

Post by Jan » Mon May 04, 2015 10:46 am

Oh man, I hate to hear that. Grand Funk was my very favorite 70's band. I always loved his voice and his amazing guitar playing, and was so excited back in the day when he became a Christian. I knew about his son's accident, and about the pacemaker. Will definitely be praying for them!
0 x