Which Classic Christian Rock Band Was the Most Popular?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Re: Which Classic Christian Rock Band Was the Most Popular?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:19 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:02 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 am
Which classic christian rock band was the most popular? Petra? Stryper? Some other one?
I honestly can't think of anybody who was bigger than Petra. People say they weren't just a Christian rock band, they were the Christian rock band.
Yes. I think the thing that made them stand out from the other Christian rock bands of the time was that Petra was strong in nearly every area... Bon Hartman was an excellent songwriter, making good guitar parts and fitting solos when necessary, combined with biblical lyrics which generally avoided being cheesy like so many other c rock bands (Degarmo and Key, Stryper, and a number of others) . The music and the lyrics fit together quite well and were delivered by talented singers and the songs were produced fairly well most of the time (compared to other Christian bands at least). So they were strong in most areas of music.
That is very very correct. I almost feel that way even stronger about Whiteheart with Rick Florian although they weren't nearly as popular. It's like two different bands once Steve left them and the words when Steve left stopped being as cheesy and were just plain awesome! Like Independence Day, Bye Bye Babylon, Desert Rose, Over Me, Nailed Down, Lovers and Dreamers, and lots more. You may have a different opinion but I'm plain stuck firm WhiteHeart is awesome With both singers :)
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:46 am

I never listened to them but I heard they were good. I like The Union of Sinners and Saints, has some of the Whiteheart members.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:25 am

George Harrison wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:46 am
I never listened to them but I heard they were good. I like The Union of Sinners and Saints, has some of the Whiteheart members.
I have heard that and I have heard of the union but I never bothered to check em out. I know, you check out Whiteheart, I check out the Union of sinners and saints😉
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)