A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981

Re: Which CCR Musician would you meet?

Post by Progfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:38 pm

I have met a few CCM artists, with two meetings that stand out as notable. The first was the day I spent running errands for Mylon & Broken Heart during the 86/87 “Look Up” tour. All super nice guys, very friendly and personable. The other was an outdoor concert that John Schlitt was doing at a high school along with some local artists. My mind (and wife) tells me it was 1991. It ended up getting rained out, and they had to move the event to a nearby church. Before the move, I went looking for my friends who were part of one of the local bands, so I looked inside a tour bus parked outside the school. Suddenly there was John, sitting in the bus chatting with my buddies! He invited us on the bus to sit and talk while the organizers were figuring out the change of venue. Somewhere I have at least one photo of this meeting. Definitely need to find it. Anyway, John was one of the nicest guys in the world. Took the crazy events of the weather and the rest of the day in stride. He enjoyed talking with fans, and even reminiscing with some old rock-n-rollers about his time in Head East. Old memories from long ago, lots of fun!
2 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Re: Which CCR Musician would you meet?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:51 pm

Hahaha this topic is making me sad :lol: 8)
I really really hope I get to meet someone, like, you guys just GOT INVITED by John!!!! You ran errands for Mylon & Broken Heart?!? Lucky! :shock: Too bad I wasn't born then 😔
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)