Called?

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:53 pm

I wanna meet people who are feeling called as I am so we can discuss these types a things together, so, what's your calling? If you have never felt called, I'll be praying you do- it's never too late to feel called. And if you are please let me know what you feel it is and we can talk about these things together! It's hard to find Siblings in Christ who actually want to be your friend because they don't have any. My town is so small it has literally nothing to do except a couple small small parks a pop machine and a bar. Besides your necessary bank, post office etc. And no one else is friend material for a number of reasons, not because I'm shallow or anything so, yeah, if there is anybody who's feeling called to do something of God's will, I would definitley talk about it with you :roll:
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm
x 39

Re: Called?

Post by brenthandy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:46 pm

I don't live my life by feelings. Now, the Bible says ALL believers are "the called according to His purpose". So, it doesn't matter if I feel it or not. We are all supposed to work out His purpose, being instant in season and out of season. There is a laundry list of our duties, regardless of our physical and mental aptitudes, or spiritual maturity, talents, and gifts.

Some people believe they are led by the Spirit or called to do something. That may be. I have been guilted, convinced and been convicted of that before. There is biblical proof that some ministerial jobs are chosen FOR people by other believers and church leadership. But all of us are the called.
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm

brenthandy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:46 pm
I don't live my life by feelings. Now, the Bible says ALL believers are "the called according to His purpose". So, it doesn't matter if I feel it or not. We are all supposed to work out His purpose, being instant in season and out of season. There is a laundry list of our duties, regardless of our physical and mental aptitudes, or spiritual maturity, talents, and gifts.

Some people believe they are led by the Spirit or called to do something. That may be. I have been guilted, convinced and been convicted of that before. There is biblical proof that some ministerial jobs are chosen FOR people by other believers and church leadership. But all of us are the called.
I, I know, but, what I meant was if some of you are freshly working on something right now. I dunno, what are you doing right now? Are you acting? I just meant that if someone is starting to act or whatever I would like to talk with them. Like this, Holly, a Sunday School teacher at my church for example: I know she's called, that's her calling, to be a Sunday school teacher, but some people haven't found that out yet- what their calling is. I haven't yet exactly but I want to be a missionary. And I never said I lived my life by feelings and I know that everyone is called, but like I said not everyone has found their calling yet. They haven't felt God speaking to them yet. So what I was trying to say was that if there's anybody on here who is hearing Gods voice telling them to do something they can talk about it with me if they want. No hard feelings, bro, but sometimes i feel a little bit- guilty, intimated, oh, what's the word, kind of like im being scolded by you. I always try my best to be friendly and follow closely along with Gods word, so reproof is always fine by me, but I just don't like being 'scolded' feeling. I'm sure you know what that's like. Right? But I mean, I just refuse to make any foes, so don't think I'm mad.
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm
brenthandy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:46 pm
I don't live my life by feelings. Now, the Bible says ALL believers are "the called according to His purpose". So, it doesn't matter if I feel it or not. We are all supposed to work out His purpose, being instant in season and out of season. There is a laundry list of our duties, regardless of our physical and mental aptitudes, or spiritual maturity, talents, and gifts.

Some people believe they are led by the Spirit or called to do something. That may be. I have been guilted, convinced and been convicted of that before. There is biblical proof that some ministerial jobs are chosen FOR people by other believers and church leadership. But all of us are the called.
I, I know, but, what I meant was if some of you are freshly working on something right now. I dunno, what are you doing right now? Are you acting? I just meant that if someone is starting to act or whatever I would like to talk with them. Like this, Holly, a Sunday School teacher at my church for example: I know she's called, that's her calling, to be a Sunday school teacher, but some people haven't found that out yet- what their calling is. I haven't yet exactly but I want to be a missionary. And I never said I lived my life by feelings and I know that everyone is called, but like I said not everyone has found their calling yet. They haven't felt God speaking to them yet. So what I was trying to say was that if there's anybody on here who is hearing Gods voice telling them to do something they can talk about it with me if they want. No hard feelings, bro, but sometimes i feel a little bit- guilty, intimated, oh, what's the word, kind of like im being scolded by you. I always try my best to be friendly and follow closely along with Gods word, so reproof is always fine by me, but I just don't like being 'scolded' feeling. I'm sure you know what that's like. Right? But I mean, I just refuse to make any foes, so don't think I'm mad.
Okay, now that my head is a little more cool, I'll try to explain myself a little bit better. First of all, I want to let you know, that what you mentioned about the Bible saying all believers are the called, that's actually what my post was about, I just need to get better at my speaking/ wording skills I guess. All that happened was you misunderstood me a little bit. In Prayer he says thank you lord...for calling me to be a son, for calling me to serve but just because you, a believer have found your calling doesn't mean somebody else has. Isn't that how predestination (It's Your Destiny!)works? You can't feel love for your husband/wife before you meet them, can you? So, although all believers are called doesn't mean God has revealed it to them yet, I guess that's what I meant by feel/felt. So you get what I'm trying say now, right? I think God is saying to me "I want you to be a missionary" ( I know technically we're all missionaries but you know what I mean) but I didn't quite understand my calling maybe even 3 months ago, which may be the case with someone else which was what I was inquiring about. No hard feelings, please, that's what I'm afraid of doing. 😶
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm
x 39

Re: Called?

Post by brenthandy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:16 am

There was no scolding from me. Sorry, you felt like that.

I don't understand your thinking, but that's ok. Marriage is completely free-will. In some cultures, including those in the OT, it was a business transaction and love (emotions) had little to nothing to do with it and couples have no choice at all.

We know love is an action, not a feeling. Some people never know that feeling. But, you CAN begin loving your spouse before meeting them. You can begin developing yourself and laying the foundation for them. You can begin praying for them, even though you don't know who they are yet. You can begin working and providing for them, by saving, keeping your credit clean, etc. There are lots of things you can act out in love prior.
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 am

brenthandy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:16 am
There was no scolding from me. Sorry, you felt like that.

I don't understand your thinking, but that's ok. Marriage is completely free-will. In some cultures, including those in the OT, it was a business transaction and love (emotions) had little to nothing to do with it and couples have no choice at all.

We know love is an action, not a feeling. Some people never know that feeling. But, you CAN begin loving your spouse before meeting them. You can begin developing yourself and laying the foundation for them. You can begin praying for them, even though you don't know who they are yet. You can begin working and providing for them, by saving, keeping your credit clean, etc. There are lots of things you can act out in love prior.
I know that, but I forgot it at the time, that you can begin loving your spouse beforehand, but I mean, although yes, we are not robots ( I read your post and yours made sense, sometimes what I write sounds good at the time but really it's not) but God still predestines the events in our life, and I guess then, so saying, we can begin beforehand. This post sure isn't going quite how I imagined. What I was thinking was that if there is a pethead on here who feels God speaking to them (As in, opportunities for something big keep coming up and Gods tapping on their shoulder kinda) to go do something (ex. Missions, like me) then they can feel free to chat with me about it. If there is anything else you do not understand plz let me explain, thank you.
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:26 am
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985
Location: L.A. area
x 24
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Shell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm

I think as Christians it's important to first of all be reading the Bible and know what the Bible says. As we get into the Word, God will provide guidance in what He wants for us. Our primary purpose is relationship with God.
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:48 pm

Yes I know.... but what about once you're in that relationship??---then He talks to you!!! I'm sorry, it's just that both of you now have told me exactly what my post is about- God guides you in your life- but you didn't put it along with the rest of what you said. I don't seem to be communicating very clearly and I don't understand why, all I know is that
1. I'd hate to come across as anything bad
2. I'm trying my best to explain myself without seeming like I don't know what talking about to you guys!! I know what the purpose of this post was... if you don't, I suggest not even bothering with it anymore because it wasn't meant for you then. I'm being honest not mean, i wanted to talk to people whom God has revealed their current calling to, and that's all. Shell, you said exactly why I made this post, only put differently: I have been reading, God has been guiding me, because of my relationship with Him and I wanted to talk to people, not explain myself painstakingly only not to cone through clear enough and get corrected, :roll: :oops: :cry: I'm at my wits end! I feel like when I'm online I always do things similar to this :cry:
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:26 am
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985
Location: L.A. area
x 24
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Shell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm

I understand what you're saying, I didn't mean to imply you weren't making yourself clear or that I was correcting you. I agree that you are supposed to walk out your relationship with God as you experience life, and that some people may have more of an idea of what they should be doing than others. Discovering what you are supposed to be doing to further God's Kingdom and serve Him is a process and involves keeping God first and asking Him to guide you in your choices. It's different for different people, and can involve finding out what works and what doesn't. I believe my purpose is to work with children and do the best I can to be a source of encouragement to people. We all have our purpose in God's Kingdom. If you want to be a missionary, that is cool. I say go for it.
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 am

Shell wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm
I understand what you're saying, I didn't mean to imply you weren't making yourself clear or that I was correcting you. I agree that you are supposed to walk out your relationship with God as you experience life, and that some people may have more of an idea of what they should be doing than others. Discovering what you are supposed to be doing to further God's Kingdom and serve Him is a process and involves keeping God first and asking Him to guide you in your choices. It's different for different people, and can involve finding out what works and what doesn't. I believe my purpose is to work with children and do the best I can to be a source of encouragement to people. We all have our purpose in God's Kingdom. If you want to be a missionary, that is cool. I say go for it.
I see, sorry if I maybe overreacted but I wasn't sure what to say, because, no offense to brenthandy but I was having a hard enough time with his replies because they weren't what I had hoped for this post and and I felt annoyed that he didn't understand my way of thinking because to me it was so simple and explaining it just kinda wore me out. But yes, I understand that it is different for others and if you say go for it I will😉
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: Called?

Post by George Harrison » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 am
Shell wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm
I understand what you're saying, I didn't mean to imply you weren't making yourself clear or that I was correcting you. I agree that you are supposed to walk out your relationship with God as you experience life, and that some people may have more of an idea of what they should be doing than others. Discovering what you are supposed to be doing to further God's Kingdom and serve Him is a process and involves keeping God first and asking Him to guide you in your choices. It's different for different people, and can involve finding out what works and what doesn't. I believe my purpose is to work with children and do the best I can to be a source of encouragement to people. We all have our purpose in God's Kingdom. If you want to be a missionary, that is cool. I say go for it.
I see, sorry if I maybe overreacted but I wasn't sure what to say, because, no offense to brenthandy but I was having a hard enough time with his replies because they weren't what I had hoped for this post and and I felt annoyed that he didn't understand my way of thinking because to me it was so simple and explaining it just kinda wore me out. But yes, I understand that it is different for others and if you say go for it I will😉
Brent's a great guy, he just says things bluntly; cuts to the chase, if you don't know him you might think he's being hostile but he isn't, he just says things straight.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Oh I hope he doesn't think I think that, it's not him, I just hate arguments and overreact too much when I don't want one to start, plus I'm not very good at explaining myself.
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:26 am
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985
Location: L.A. area
x 24
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Shell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:18 am

It can be tricky when you can't see or hear the person who is posting. I've been posting here a long time. Brent does post what he thinks, but it's not meant personally.

You're young. Give yourself time to check things out and find out what areas you'd be interested in going to be a missionary. As I've said, it's a process of discovery. 8)
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 am

Shell wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:18 am
It can be tricky when you can't see or hear the person who is posting. I've been posting here a long time. Brent does post what he thinks, but it's not meant personally.

You're young. Give yourself time to check things out and find out what areas you'd be interested in going to be a missionary. As I've said, it's a process of discovery. 8)
I know, but the invitation to talk with anyone is still open 8)
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Called?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Hands and Feet by Audio Adrenaline!!!!
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests