A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

At Your Fingertips

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Has anyone else been experiencing opportunities lately that you've been wanting and are right there at your finger tips but there's always something standing in the way? Like, for example, I'm a couple years too young for a trip to the House of Hope in Chilé with some members of my church which, now that the opportunity is actually here I feel like I might be kinda scared but that all comes with that stuff anyways. Or, just-missed opportunities to go to concerts, or how I'm (again) a little too young for church things for the 'ladies'. I dunno, it's just a little frustrating or dissapointing at times. One song that makes me jealous of its story especially is Come on Elaine by Rob Frazier. I want someone like that to come to our church so people like me, who want to make a difference can. Maybe it's just me; probably, since I'm the youngest on here atm I think-- but it really helps to sort out my problems talking or writing them out even if no one knows how to help, sometimes it reveals things about God; anyone else feel me? So as much as I'm supposed to 'enjoy being young' a few more years older would be nice so that I don't have to keep being disappointed.
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: At Your Fingertips

Post by George Harrison » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:12 am

I understand what you mean I think. Feeling like that is natural. There have been times when I've felt like I'm "missing out" on things, sure. When I was younger I wasn't always allowed to do somethings my friends did (which was actually a good thing usually) ; and sometimes I felt I was missing out because I had few friends (when I was a kid). I wouldn't worry about wishing you were older, even though that's what people tend to do, it always comes quicker than you expect. The longer you anticipate something the more you will enjoy it when it happens after all.
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 am

George Harrison wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:12 am
I understand what you mean I think. Feeling like that is natural. There have been times when I've felt like I'm "missing out" on things, sure. When I was younger I wasn't always allowed to do somethings my friends did (which was actually a good thing usually) ; and sometimes I felt I was missing out because I had few friends (when I was a kid). I wouldn't worry about wishing you were older, even though that's what people tend to do, it always comes quicker than you expect. The longer you anticipate something the more you will enjoy it when it happens after all.
I have very few friends but none of them live in my town cause mine is really tiny and has a lot old people in their late 60s and on and the few kids that do live in town you wouldn't want to be friends with, trust me- and they don't walk around hardly either anyway. And I know what you mean, I never liked copying bad friends after finding out the consequences when I was 4 and copied my cousin when she tried to get me to do something my parents had just told me not to and I did. But I don't have any friends like that anymore. I guess you're right; the longer you have to wait for something the happier you are when it finally comes around. One thing that I've been wanting for awhile is a Bible study in our church. Last winter my dad went to a men's one but I would want this for like, all year long. And if I heard correctly my mom was telling my dad yesterday that there was a meeting about starting one last night. So I'm hoping they actually are.
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Darnit

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm too young for the study :| Oh well
0 x

GabrielHansberry
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 2010

Post by GabrielHansberry » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 pm

I remember that I was really frustrated at that age, too; the main thing is to keep your heart right with God, so that when the time comes, you will be able to do what is right. I've known many people who tried to jump into life on their own, only to sink into the world because they had no root in the truth. Remember that everything, no matter how insignificant, is part of God's plan for you, and that this time in your life may be a special trial to give you the patience you need later on.

In Christ
Gabriel
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks :) I'm glad I found some friends on here :mrgreen: I don't have any patience 8) but maybe your right. I'll keep that in mind 8)
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:27 pm

1. I'm going to a conference type thing on November 8th & 9th, in the cities with some of my older siblings and my dad and some others from our Church: ) Looking forward to it!

2. Our church doesn't have a Youth Group, so I'm praying they start one!! =D they used to have one but I was always too young for it. Now I'm not of course so they should start one up=D
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:25 pm

I love my dad of course, and there has been absolutely no problems with him or my parents at all serious, but one thing is things like rock n roll. I don't know that he really approves of it ¯\_(°_°)_/¯ So I'm not even sure if I can wear the shirt I just bought around the house ¯\_(°_°)_/¯
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:25 pm
I love my dad of course, and there has been absolutely no problems with him or my parents at all serious, but one thing is things like rock n roll. I don't know that he really approves of it ¯\_(°_°)_/¯ So I'm not even sure if I can wear the shirt I just bought around the house ¯\_(°_°)_/¯
Yeah, well, perhaps you could try explaining to him why you like the music, show him the lyrics of the songs (like Petra songs, they are Biblically pretty sound), or some band interviews/testimonies if you want to convince him, perhaps he might accept it a bit more. Either way, parents are there to protect you, and they always do what they think is best for you, even if it seems hard to understand why (true, sometimes they are wrong, but they have always had a lot of experience in their life so their advice is good)
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:54 pm

Oh I know, I know, I'm not against advice- & I understand that parents are always there and know best, but I know pretty well how to stay away from really bad stuff y'know. He doesn't even know what I listen to and he's never asked me- but I'll admit I sometimes wish he would 8) :mrgreen: But boy if he's got an idea he'll go on & on & on about it- but he'd never confront me he'd ramble it all off to my mom. I've seen him do it before about my oldest sister. 🙄🙄 I would really rather not put my mom through anything- if I heard him, perhaps really late at night I would go right up to him and tell him everything and I wouldn't be scared although I would. But yeah if anything happened I would take care of it myself because I don't like being a burden or having someone else deal with my business.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:34 am

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:25 pm
Speaking of, it came today :)
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:31 am

George Harrison wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm
Yeah, well, perhaps you could try explaining to him why you like the music, show him the lyrics of the songs (like Petra songs, they are Biblically pretty sound), or some band interviews/testimonies if you want to convince him, perhaps he might accept it a bit more. Either way, parents are there to protect you, and they always do what they think is best for you, even if it seems hard to understand why (true, sometimes they are wrong, but they have always had a lot of experience in their life so their advice is good)
OK, building up courage to wear it once I get home from church on Sunday :lol: :lol:
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Ugh, it's like, I think I have it, but as soon as I'm waiting to throw the ball something else comes up :oops: I talked to my mom and she said the same thing as I thought but shrugged off. My dad will go on some rant about it later. :roll: :roll: He always does. :roll: But since it's my mom I have to listen to her. Kind of upsetting, but whatever. :roll:

I was willing not to see it as a big deal but everyone's so paranoid with what usually happens it makes me angry. Plus I have older sisters who tell me the obvious and make me feel stupid for going out of the ordinary. Tough, but someday I ain't gonna tolerate this 'being afraid' anymore. Once you get on the stage it's all great. Offstage it's all scary. Sometimes vice versa but spend enough time up there and you grow so brave. So someday I'm going to sing the song that people keep telling me not to and stay onstage forever after that even if you're feeling like you shouldn't own it. And it's not like I'm going out of the ordinary for myself either. That stage is for Jesus, some people just need it pointed out to them. (Dad thinks he's all smarts, which he is- he should be a preacher he's got so much up his sleeve that actually makes sense, but, he's got his own opinions about Christian Rock which do not need to be ranted off because, well as much as he'd think he'd have all the scripture knowledge about it, for once I believe I'd know better.)
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:24 pm

I feel like Anne Shirley :|
:lol:
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:27 pm
1. I'm going to a conference type thing on November 8th & 9th, in the cities with some of my older siblings and my dad and some others from our Church: ) Looking forward to it!
Not quite sure that I'm looking as forward to it anymore, now that I've found out what we're going to be listening to and doing and stuff, but oh well. I'm coming home late on Saturday night, and we're leaving at 1:00pm today. It's in Eden Prairie so we're staying over in the Cities. ✌️ Wish me luck I guess? See ya! I suppose I'll have to have stuff to bring back for church- yikes 😬 :lol:
1 x