A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Stryper video

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 pm

[youtube]Here's a video I really enjoyed watching! :) I'm sure some of you probably have seen it before, but I wanna share it anyway 8)
[url][https://youtu.be/JONL0CwZXxY/url][/youtube]
Last edited by Diehardpetrafan:) on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Stryper video

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:08 pm

I think Michael & Kyle Sweet were the perfect couple 8)
Last edited by Diehardpetrafan:) on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brenthandy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:40 am

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/strype ... tle-cancer

None of those guys remained married to their spouses. "Love and a music man ain't all that it's supposed to be".
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:06 am

brenthandy wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:40 am
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/strype ... tle-cancer

None of those guys remained married to their spouses. "Love and a music man ain't all that it's supposed to be".
Brent, first of all, I know that it's not all its supposed to be. In fact I almost didn't write that because I knew you'd post something of the sort- :roll: it was just my opinion of the outside. I know none of them remained married (although Kyle did die and I'm not sure about Robert) But what I was saying was that I think Kyle is the prettiest lady ever, and well, this is weird to say to you :lol: but I think Michael is the cutest guy ever. (But you also don't have to be a Know-it-all to know that love & a music man ain't all its supposed to be)

But I do not want this to turn into another 'discussion' like we were having before, I just wanted to share a video I liked a lot😉
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brenthandy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Dude,

Relax and understand...this forum isn't junior high. Posting a link to an article and recalling common knowledge facts isn't being a know-it-all. I posted the link because your post is in the present tense, intimating you had no idea she passed. Not everything I post is anti-you.

You, my brother, need to grow up, grow a thicker skin and discover the big world outside of your house has lots of people more experienced and educated than you. Words, context, grammar, punctuation, etc are very important. Don't get upset with others because you have to explain yourself (often). Don't get upset when others with experiences, knowledge, and opinions predating your birth offer it. It is called CONVERSATION. None of us have the right to blast others or say something stupid without comments from the peanut gallery. :)
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:21 pm

*awkward silence*
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Never got to see that video back in the day because my parents wouldn't get a VCR. YouTube is so handy for keeping these gems from disappearing forever. Back in the 80s, I was blissfully unaware of these issues with Stryper, as were all of my fellow Stryper fans.

We also didn't know that Petra was getting picketed at their concerts by some groups who considered them dangerous. I do remember a member of my church being very upset when I played some Petra over my church's sound system during Friday night youth group. He told me the Christian rock was of the devil.

We have the luxury(?) of knowing so many things nowadays, but sometimes I wish we didn't.
3 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brenthandy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:16 am

This is why I consider all music apart from the artist(s). People are people. Saved or lost, people make great music and bad music. Saved or lost, people live decent lives and jacked-up lives. If we idolize "Christian" artists, we do ourselves and them a huge disservice. We WILL be let down at some point. Keep it all separate, take what you need out of the music and let the rest pass.
2 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:42 am

brenthandy wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:16 am
This is why I consider all music apart from the artist(s). People are people. Saved or lost, people make great music and bad music. Saved or lost, people live decent lives and jacked-up lives. If we idolize "Christian" artists, we do ourselves and them a huge disservice. We WILL be let down at some point. Keep it all separate, take what you need out of the music and let the rest pass.
I completely agree with this. It's only natural for young people to look up to older relatives, church leaders, sports stars, musicians, etc. As adults, we learn that they are all only human like we are.
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brenthandy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:57 pm

OK. I had no idea the OP is a female and as young as she is. My bad. Literally a child. Sorry girl.
3 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Hey, everybody, I decided I should take a break for a little bit because I wasn't sure how to respond and I didn't want to get mad. But I was more than surprised at what I came back to. I didn't know what to say. . . Well in all honesty it kind of brought me to tears because I have such a nice family ♥️ :cry: ♥️ :cry: I won't take these things for granted anymore.
Last edited by Diehardpetrafan:) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 pm

Oh, & Brent, some journey fan I am! I didn't exactly know where that line came from until not a day after it came on the radio in the car with my mom & I wanted to crawl in a hole cause I was really embarrassed. I knew the song I just never payed attention to that line 🤪🤪🤪
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Last Night

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Woah last night was quite a night 8)
First time I cried cause I was happy, and I really missed thepetrazone it's definitely not me to stay away almost a week :roll: I only got 5 hours of sleep 😝 I won't soon forget this :P
2 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Welcome back 8)
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:41 pm
Welcome back 8)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1 x