Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: Need Resources !!!

Post by George Harrison » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Dude that's cool! I didn't know that :

Edit: I guess I did know that. . . My dad had already told me that and I wrote it in my Bible :lol:
I guess you are smarter than you realised 8)
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:34 pm

Haha yeah I guess so 8) :lol:

What was the topic on Heavy harmonies that you were looking at btw?
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I just saw this. I've been occupied with work and a class I just finished. Let me give it some thought and I'll post my suggestions tomorrow. I do think a good way to start out is to try to understand why he has such a hard time believing Jesus loves us enough to want us to spend eternity with Him. Keep in mind whatever he decides after you've shared your views is up to him. Faith in God and Jesus has to be an individual choice.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:33 pm

I knew you hadn't been on in awhile at least that I had seen. But I also knew you'd be a good help :mrgreen:

Actually I don't even know if it's still going, with the atheists, but any advice, information is still useful 🙂

I'm reading I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Norman L. Geisler & Frank Turek. I think it's going to be a great help!! :)
1 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:19 pm

I read through the replies, and there is a lot of good advice here. There isn't a whole lot I could add to it. I do agree you should be cautious. Try to determine whether this person is really interested in having a discussion about your beliefs or is trying to set you up. I agree also that scientific proof is tricky because God is not limited by time or space. The best thing you could do is pray for him. It isn't uncommon for people to wonder why God would allow suffering or bad things to happen, but bad things don't come from God. Challenges can be an opportunity to grow closer to God. It doen't say anywhere in the Bible that we won't suffer or have challenges to deal with. The Bible does promise that God sees our circumstances, He loves us and we can trust Him.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Yes. I think he maybe was trying to set me up. I've heard from several people on there that have talked to them about regular things and they say they just are setting me up, probably partly because they know I'm only 13 and know I can't possibly know everything to every silly question they ask.

Like I said, I'm looking into things- then I'll maybe talk some more. I REALLY need to control my temper. It ruins everything. I get it from my dad, but it's not a good trait.

I guess all I really need to do is
Read, pray, control my temper, get good resources & advice, talk to open people, plus keep in mind why I'm even doing it.
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 am

I keep getting these little 'nudges'. I've heard them called kisses, hints, winks, pretty much they're mini signs, and I'm sure you've experienced them too. I'm reading in Isaiah right now, and God perfectly fits those chapters right when I need to read them. I love how He does that, because it must take a really loving God to work my reading out at the perfect time. Also, I've been listening off and on just to Petra and Whitecross, and their lyrics just keep speaking to me right when I need them! :)
2 x