Well, this isn't good

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Well, this isn't good

Post by brent » Sun May 31, 2020 12:26 am

Holy crap this country is all kinds of messed up.
1 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Well, this isn't good

Post by curt » Sun May 31, 2020 4:38 am

brent wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:26 am
It certainly is. And I fear that on way too many areas the standard has been lowered to the point where it is going to be really hard to get back on track again. In quite many cases those who were supposed to stand up for what is truth and right have made apoligies for lies and injustice. The warning signs have been there all the time but many were unwilling to see them till they had the consequences blown up in their faces.
2 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:26 am

curt wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:38 am
brent wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:26 am
It certainly is. And I fear that on way too many areas the standard has been lowered to the point where it is going to be really hard to get back on track again. In quite many cases those who were supposed to stand up for what is truth and right have made apoligies for lies and injustice. The warning signs have been there all the time but many were unwilling to see them till they had the consequences blown up in their faces.
Very true! I do believe the next six months are very vital to which way our country and world will be going. Its time for the Christians to make a stand and rise up. SILENCE SCREAMS!
2 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Let's not bring up any specifics though, please
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 pm
Let's not bring up any specifics though, please
This made me laugh. The lack of specifics means that everybody can agree with the general sentiments of this thread while thinking of completely different things. :lol:
2 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Yeah, specifics are exactly what got us into this. Specific people don't like specific people in charge and are using specific opportunities to bring up specific things from the past that only affect specific people, in specific situations, specifically when they commit felonies and risk their freedom and family's wellbeing for a fake $20 bill.
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:39 pm

brent wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:07 pm
Yeah, specifics are exactly what got us into this. Specific people don't like specific people in charge and are using specific opportunities to bring up specific things from the past that only affect specific people, in specific situations, specifically when they commit felonies and risk their freedom and family's wellbeing for a fake $20 bill.
I see it more like this:

Specific and systemic factors have lead to this. Specific people in charge delay addressing systemic injustices resulting in specific people, joined by caring allies of all types, to use their God-given and constitutional right to address today's enduring injustices that hurt most people and affect everyone, while trying to live their lives like any person should expect to, when jogging down the street, walking down the street, standing on the corner, eating in a restaurant, entering a nice store, driving a nice car, driving a beater, loving the wrong person, looking religious, applying for a mortgage, applying for a job, peacefully protesting, having an accent, interacting with police, worshipping, having a medical emergency, playing hockey, being out after dark, having an addiction, expessing an opinion, trying to breathe, being uppity, having skin cancer, playing in a rock band, needing a restroom, making eye contact, listening to music, naming a child, being righteous, living in the wrong place, making mistakes, trying to save lives, serving their country, serving others, serving God, posting on messageboards, being immature, being old, being stubborn, being wishy-washy, needing help, going camping, hating camping, riding a horse, using cash, using a credit card, owning a gun, having car trouble, helping someone with car trouble, being your friend, sinning, asking forgiveness, buying jewelry, eating junk food, liking things, loving things, hating unfairness, having a stroke, having talent, wasting talent, exploiting their talent, arguing, agreeing, smiling, brooding, being born, existing, and dying.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Ah whatever… I just meant that this is the one place I don't have to talk about things like politics. Or else hear about it all. I'm tired of this stuff, it's boring me to death because it's the same old same old.
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Well, it's not really about politics, although people are politicizing it for political gain. The core issue is pride and rebellion, which the Bible calls witchcraft, and It goes back to the REAL "first family". I am tired of all of it too and am thankful to have about 25 years left (if I am lucky) to live on this God-forsaken hunk of rock. I don't want to live in a world where Elmer Fudd can't have a shotgun to hunt Bugs Bunny, people are allowed to protest but not remain indoors and socially distant. I don't want to live in a world where idiots use the tragic murder of a life-long criminal (multiple felonies) who risked his life and family's well being on another fake $20. Come on. Yes, the cop was an idiot. But that is no reason to blow up the world as a whole, where less than 4% of the US population ever encounter police each year. Those 4% need to get their crap together.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:50 pm

brent wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:48 pm
Well, it's not really about politics, although people are politicizing it for political gain. The core issue is pride and rebellion, which the Bible calls witchcraft, and It goes back to the REAL "first family". I am tired of all of it too and am thankful to have about 25 years left (if I am lucky) to live on this God-forsaken hunk of rock. I don't want to live in a world where Elmer Fudd can't have a shotgun to hunt Bugs Bunny, people are allowed to protest but not remain indoors and socially distant. I don't want to live in a world where idiots use the tragic murder of a life-long criminal (multiple felonies) who risked his life and family's well being on another fake $20. Come on. Yes, the cop was an idiot. But that is no reason to blow up the world as a whole, where less than 4% of the US population ever encounter police each year. Those 4% need to get their crap together.
Totally agree!!
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:51 am

But I continue to harbor a great belief that too many Christians are using Trump as a political savior for a spiritual problem both in their own lives and in the life of this country. Trump cannot stop the culture from turning against the faith and, if anything, more and more data shows Trump is a catalyst for the cultural turn. He is increasing the left’s turn against the faith at a more rapid pace as so many evangelical leaders constantly beclown themselves to hump his leg. He is also increasing the right’s turn against the faith at a more rapid pace as more political apparatchiks on the right do what is expedient for political victory, including tossing grace, truth, and love for neighbors to the wind.
https://ewerickson.substack.com/p/he-ca ... mpaign=cta
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:35 am

curt wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:51 am
But I continue to harbor a great belief that too many Christians are using Trump as a political savior for a spiritual problem both in their own lives and in the life of this country. Trump cannot stop the culture from turning against the faith and, if anything, more and more data shows Trump is a catalyst for the cultural turn. He is increasing the left’s turn against the faith at a more rapid pace as so many evangelical leaders constantly beclown themselves to hump his leg. He is also increasing the right’s turn against the faith at a more rapid pace as more political apparatchiks on the right do what is expedient for political victory, including tossing grace, truth, and love for neighbors to the wind.
https://ewerickson.substack.com/p/he-ca ... mpaign=cta
The funny thing is trump's not even a Christian, so in some ways it's surprising that people support him for that. In other ways I guess it isn't, they think he is pro-Christianity or at least tries to make himself appear to be
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:31 am

He isn't a Christian and he is on record (TV shows) saying he believes he is a good person, he doesn't believe in repenting because he doesn't believe he has anything to repent of, because he does good things. About the time some Christian broadcast ministry peeps started saying they are convinced Trump is a believer because of meetings they had, recordings of him came out about grabbing female genitalia. He isn't a Christian any more than my car is, BUT he DOES support issues patriotic Americans support, and he is friendly to Christians and what we believe is important, he is the only solution at this point. It's not so much that I am voting FOR him as it is I am voting against brain dead Biden.
1 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:01 am

He may be friendly to Christians on an institutional level, however I think it would be hard to damage Christian testimony any better than he managed to do by making quite many Christians beclown themselves in all sorts of twist and turns to justify their support for him when he lies, talks bad about other human beings, treat them bad and the like. His "patriotism" is a key factor in bringing his country to the breaking point. He lives by conflict, he can sow conflict and conflict is what he will reap. So far many of his supporters could shrug their shoulders as they did not have to live with the conseqences, did not belong in the minority group, where not refuges or the like. Now they are starting to feel the consequences of lies and incomptence, and it is starting to damage their lives as well. Unsurprisingly they do not support him to the same extent...
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:55 am

Trump is a loser. But to everyone other American conservative that makes me love the left. I know my parents didn't vote for Trump, instead they voted for Darryl Cassell (I don't know how it was spelled) a real Christian guy, even though they knew Trump was going to get voted in. We're not supposed to follow the crowd and the rest of this stupid country needs to know that too.
1 x