Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: NEW STRYPER VIDEO

Post by executioner » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:47 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 am
Yeah, "For God and Rock and Roll" is a strong track. Honestly, I'm not hearing anything on this album that I don't like. It's solid and consistent. It's rather amazing that a band as old as Stryper is still putting out new and fresh sounding albums and actively touring. That's better than even some secular bands are doing. Most of them who still perform live and are playing decades old hits.
True. We see them every tour when they come to the Dallas area, and while they play the older hits Stryper always makes sure they throw in some new tunes from the last decade. Yahweh & God are always played which are 2 of my favorites.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm

Great production, too. The instruments are distinct, Michael's vocals are in a "pocket", the drums have snap and punch, and the mix isn't saturated in bass and compressed to the point that the waveform looks like a brick. There are peaks and valleys and some actual dynamic range. It's not an obnoxiously loud assault on the ears.
2 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Invitation Only is a fun throwback song. According to Michael Sweet, it was written for In God We Trust back in the 80s, but they couldn't figure out the lyrics in time to get it on the album. It would have fit in perfectly on that album and would have been one of the better tracks, in my opinion.

I know Diehardpetrafan loves 80s CCM. I bet she'd love this song!
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:09 am

No doubt this album has some familiarities. There are some songs closely resembling previous songs on the last two albums and Michael's work with George Lynch. But, this is a solid album. If you like Judas Priest, Dokken, etc, you will hear VERY familiar tips of the hat.
0 x