Favorite bands

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
curt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Favorite bands

Post by curt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Kevin Max is making many good points on twitter and stays true to what he said back in the old days.
0 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 pm

Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 pm
Like Brent said, read his twitter.
I don't have twitter
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 pm
Dan wrote:
I don't have twitter
I think they are probably talking about this
Attachments
Screenshot_20201120-121014.png
Screenshot_20201120-121014.png (720.63 KiB) Viewed 243988 times
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:11 pm
Dan wrote:
I don't have twitter
Interesting how he owns his labels. I'm not particularly bothered by anything I see there. I'm not really into enneagrams, but I know that it's part of some people's faith practice.
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:25 pm

sickasadog wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Dan wrote:
I don't have twitter
Interesting how he owns his labels. I'm not particularly bothered by anything I see there. I'm not really into enneagrams, but I know that it's part of some people's faith practice.
Sure, I was just trying to reply to die hard and I wasn't sure of what Dan or Brent were referring to. I've been a Kevin Max fan for years now and while the guy is a great musician and is well meaning, I've noticed he doesn't really believe in biblical Christianity at all.
1 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead

Post by sickasadog » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:19 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:25 pm
sickasadog wrote:
George Harrison wrote:
Dan wrote:
I don't have twitter
Sure, I was just trying to reply to die hard and I wasn't sure of what Dan or Brent were referring to. I've been a Kevin Max fan for years now and while the guy is a great musician and is well meaning, I've noticed he doesn't really believe in biblical Christianity at all.
Yeah, I try to stay focused on the biblical as much as possible, with the teachings of Jesus being the lens through which I deal with anything that seems contradictory.

However, I have been surprised to find out how many "biblical truths" that I grew up believing, cannot be found in the Bible.
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:55 am

I see what you mean. I don't think you can really be a "leftist" Christian though. I know that lefts and rights are different in different countries (what is a left in America I think is a right other places) but I mean that you can't follow the world and call it Christianity. That I'm-a-world's-hippie-yet-still-a-Jesus-freak is a load of hooey.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:03 am

sickasadog wrote:

Like?
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead

Post by sickasadog » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:10 am

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:03 am
George Harrison, not sickasadog wrote:

Like?
That was actually George Harrison's quote, not mine.
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:42 pm

sickasadog wrote:

Like?
Well you'd have to ask him exactly what he believes. But I think he is pro LGTB, he doesn't believe in the Bible very literally at all, he may or may not believe in the existence of Satan, he believes that God is every physical thing in the universe or something like that
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:18 pm

"Yoko! You're gonna kill the band!" George Harrison

"I don't like her really." Paul McCartney

"Ya' know I hit things with sticks for a living." Ringo Starr

"Yoko! Light a candle!" John Lennon
1 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:42 pm
sickasadog wrote:

Like?
Well you'd have to ask him exactly what he believes. But I think he is pro LGTB, he doesn't believe in the Bible very literally at all, he may or may not believe in the existence of Satan, he believes that God is every physical thing in the universe or something like that
I know DC Talk were in talks for a reunion of some sort but that fell through and it was said it had to do with Kevin Max. Also the AA gig fell through very quickly after one album due to him not wanting to follow closely with the Christian beliefs the group held. Its been widely known for a long time that he wasn't really a firm believer in the Scriptures. I mean just look at his cover page and you can see some symbols that go directly against the Word of God. Another item is he is a follower of reincarnation.
2 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:38 am

I see
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:43 am

executioner wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 pm
I know DC Talk were in talks for a reunion of some sort but that fell through and it was said it had to do with Kevin Max. Also the AA gig fell through very quickly after one album due to him not wanting to follow closely with the Christian beliefs the group held. Its been widely known for a long time that he wasn't really a firm believer in the Scriptures. I mean just look at his cover page and you can see some symbols that go directly against the Word of God. Another item is he is a follower of reincarnation.
One should be rather cautious before making such statements. Here is an example of what he himself said:
Musically, it wasn’t something that I would have created by myself necessarily, but I think the final product was great and touched a lot of people. I have to say, Wes Campbell, the manager of the Newsboys, and Michael Tait, my old singing partner, had a lot to do with my coming back to the Christian Music industry. Without their desire to see me there and God’s leading in my life, I don’t know if I would have returned so soon. God really spoke to me in the years leading up to me singing on the Newsboys’ ‘God’s Not Dead’ and Audio Adrenaline, and chipped away at some of the confusion I had about my place within Christian music. https://decentchristiantalk.com/2014/12 ... kevin-max/
This gives me the impression that there is a lot more to the story.

If you turn history back a few decades (and probably still to a very limited extent) Petra were blamed for playing the Devil's music. There has been all sorts of dirty rumours about their private lives and the like. He may not believe exactly what you believe or interpret exactly like you interpret. Claiming he is not a firm believer in the Scriptures based should be given a second thought.
2 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:21 pm

curt wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:43 am
executioner wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 pm
One should be rather cautious before making such statements. Here is an example of what he himself said:
Musically, it wasn’t something that I would have created by myself necessarily, but I think the final product was great and touched a lot of people. I have to say, Wes Campbell, the manager of the Newsboys, and Michael Tait, my old singing partner, had a lot to do with my coming back to the Christian Music industry. Without their desire to see me there and God’s leading in my life, I don’t know if I would have returned so soon. God really spoke to me in the years leading up to me singing on the Newsboys’ ‘God’s Not Dead’ and Audio Adrenaline, and chipped away at some of the confusion I had about my place within Christian music. https://decentchristiantalk.com/2014/12 ... kevin-max/
This gives me the impression that there is a lot more to the story.

If you turn history back a few decades (and probably still to a very limited extent) Petra were blamed for playing the Devil's music. There has been all sorts of dirty rumours about their private lives and the like. He may not believe exactly what you believe or interpret exactly like you interpret. Claiming he is not a firm believer in the Scriptures based should be given a second thought.
It's pretty easy to see based on the things he's said that he isn't a firm believer in the scriptures though, as far as one can tell.
1 x