Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Being alone

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:44 pm

https://open.spotify.com/track/0dYYnwpx ... KOmwkbnLAg

I wish I could just to a beach somewhere and listen to God, all alone. I’m so sick of people right now. Anyone feel the same?
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: Being alone

Post by George Harrison » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:54 pm

I'm not really so sick of people as I am of the lockdown. Can't play soccer, can't go to church, can't do anything, it's very boring. Where I live it just got extended another month, seems like it never ends
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:03 am

It has been a rough 12 months with this Virus, I hear you.
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:44 pm
https://open.spotify.com/track/0dYYnwpx ... KOmwkbnLAg

I wish I could just to a beach somewhere and listen to God, all alone. I’m so sick of people right now. Anyone feel the same?
Seeking solitude, you're not alone
We need somewhere to think all on our own
Despite this you can know: God's here with me
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 pm

I have been bored for so long I know that it's not because of the virus, it's because of the people I live with on a daily basis. My family is boring and I get sick of them. That's really all it is for me. And NOBODY DANCES WITH ME! All I want to do is dance with someone but I almost don't have any friends, basically, and like I said, my family is boring and I'm sick of them. That sounds really rude but it's just the truth. I'm sick and tired of it all. Everything. Just bundled into one ball of garbage that I want to throw at the wall. If there's anything my life is, it's boring.
2 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

I contracted duh 'rona this weekend while installing AVL systems at a church. Frankly, I am surprised it took so long. The building was a construction site and none of the trades protected themselves or could practice social distancing. So, I am living in the basement, all alone, with everything I need, sans The Woman. When I realized I had to live apart from her for a couple of weeks, that hurt.

Some friends of ours were apart for a month or two, in a hospital and at home. Hopefully, we won't be apart that long. My office and studio gear consume the majority of the lower floor. So, I work from home until I drop. You don't need a dance partner. I do my spaz dance around the house whether people are here or not. It looks like I am getting electrocuted. The kids liked it when they were little. Now they and their husbands shake their heads.

BTW, if you get it and lose your sense of taste and smell, use that time to catch up on nasty vegetable intake.
1 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 pm

brent wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm
I contracted duh 'rona this weekend while installing AVL systems at a church. Frankly, I am surprised it took so long. The building was a construction site and none of the trades protected themselves or could practice social distancing. So, I am living in the basement, all alone, with everything I need, sans The Woman. When I realized I had to live apart from her for a couple of weeks, that hurt.

Some friends of ours were apart for a month or two, in a hospital and at home. Hopefully, we won't be apart that long. My office and studio gear consume the majority of the lower floor. So, I work from home until I drop. You don't need a dance partner. I do my spaz dance around the house whether people are here or not. It looks like I am getting electrocuted. The kids liked it when they were little. Now they and their husbands shake their heads.

BTW, if you get it and lose your sense of taste and smell, use that time to catch up on nasty vegetable intake.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 pm

brent wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Hope you're okay, and that you can be with your wife soon.
I can't dance alone because then I lose the feeling I had to dance in the first place.
And I like veggies ;P
1 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:44 pm

This topic is a little different for me. My wife passed away in 2019, so I was "alone" before this pandemic nonsense even started. I put "alone" in quotes because I still have my three kids, so I'm not lacking in human contact, but I do miss having another adult in the house. Where the pandemic has put a crimp in things is that it's very hard to go out and meet people. I went on one date some time before the pandemic, but that ended up not going anywhere relationship wise (she said she wanted to be friends and then spent the next six-months keeping me at arm's length; she told me once how God would drop people in and out of her life, but I eventually realized they don't "drop out" because of God but because she pushes them away); then I asked a co-worker out to lunch who initially said yes, then a couple of days later said no, and then we were all laid off the very next day when the governor shut the state down because of the Wuhan flu. And that's the extent of my dating life over the past couple of years.

And so here I am. I'm not depressed or despondent, I would just like to meet someone that I can share my life and interests with again, but who knows when that's going to happen since the government is discouraging us from even leaving the house despite all the evidence that lockdowns and masks are largely ineffective when it comes to stopping the spread of the virus.
4 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:44 pm
This topic is a little different for me. My wife passed away in 2019, so I was "alone" before this pandemic nonsense even started. I put "alone" in quotes because I still have my three kids, so I'm not lacking in human contact, but I do miss having another adult in the house. Where the pandemic has put a crimp in things is that it's very hard to go out and meet people. I went on one date some time before the pandemic, but that ended up not going anywhere relationship wise (she said she wanted to be friends and then spent the next six-months keeping me at arm's length; she told me once how God would drop people in and out of her life, but I eventually realized they don't "drop out" because of God but because she pushes them away); then I asked a co-worker out to lunch who initially said yes, then a couple of days later said no, and then we were all laid off the very next day when the governor shut the state down because of the Wuhan flu. And that's the extent of my dating life over the past couple of years.

And so here I am. I'm not depressed or despondent, I would just like to meet someone that I can share my life and interests with again, but who knows when that's going to happen since the government is discouraging us from even leaving the house despite all the evidence that lockdowns and masks are largely ineffective when it comes to stopping the spread of the virus.
Gee, I'm sorry bout that. That's sad. I hope you find someone again. <3
1 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Mountain Man wrote:

Mountain Man I sent you a PM
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Mountain Man wrote:

Had no idea. Sorry to hear that.
1 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 am

Mountain Man wrote:

You have amazing strength, very few people would have your outlook after something like this. Sorry for your loss.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:24 am

Dan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 am
You have amazing strength, very few people would have your outlook after something like this. Sorry for your loss.
It's not me, it's God. I have a new appreciation for the concept of "peace that passes understanding". I can't explain it, I just know it. I know that my wife is in heaven and fully healed, and that I will see her again some day. "Grave Robber" has taken on a whole new significance. I can't imagine what it's like for nonbelievers to go through this. The futility and hopelessness they must feel would be horrible.
7 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:52 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:24 am
Dan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 am
It's not me, it's God. I have a new appreciation for the concept of "peace that passes understanding". I can't explain it, I just know it. I know that my wife is in heaven and fully healed, and that I will see her again some day. "Grave Robber" has taken on a whole new significance. I can't imagine what it's like for nonbelievers to go through this. The futility and hopelessness they must feel would be horrible.
Beautifully put.
2 x