Page 1 of 1

Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:33 pm
by Progfan
Keep your eyes open for this movie over the next few months. It’s running in the festival circuit right now, and is due for a wider release in the not too distant future. It’s not exactly a faith-based film, but it is a coming of age story that takes place in the world of a young Christian metal band in the mid-1980s. Lots of Christian bands get name checked or even have music featured in the movie. A lot of the movie will be quite familiar to those who have grown up in the church and CCM world. The movie has an amazing young cast and features great performances from Brian Baumgartner and Judd Nelson. Also featured is original music by Daniel Smith of Danielson Family and other collaborations.

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:57 am
by Diehardpetrafan:)
Is this like, out yet?

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:25 pm
by Progfan
It’s still running on the festival circuit right now. Not too many left in the season, so hopefully there will be some news soon about a wider release or availability.

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:51 pm
by Diehardpetrafan:)
Ok… I wanna hear all the songs in it

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:37 am
by zman7720000
https://youtu.be/EjapUT9Ifo0
It’s based in 1986 and should be available on Amazon very soon.

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:09 pm
by Progfan
Digital and on-demand November 2nd.

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:50 pm
by Diehardpetrafan:)
I'll look at this!

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 pm
by Dan
I got 5 mins in and stopped watching. oh yes there is Petra posters on the wall of the kids bedroom, that was cool.

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:58 pm
by George Harrison
Dan wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 pm
I got 5 mins in and stopped watching. oh yes there is Petra posters on the wall of the kids bedroom, that was cool.
What about it didn't you like? Just found it boring?

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:06 pm
by Diehardpetrafan:)
Dan wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 pm
I got 5 mins in and stopped watching. oh yes there is Petra posters on the wall of the kids bedroom, that was cool.
What's wrong with it? Haven't seen it yet

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm
by zman7720000
Dan wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 pm
I got 5 mins in and stopped watching. oh yes there is Petra posters on the wall of the kids bedroom, that was cool.
What tour???

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm
by Progfan
Here’s a little behind the scenes type info:

https://youtu.be/ZEfDua9QG88

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm
by sickasadog
Progfan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm
Here’s a little behind the scenes type info:

https://youtu.be/ZEfDua9QG88
Awesome! See lots of my favourites there: Daniel Band, Rez, Stryper, Daniel Amos, 77's...

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:26 am
by Diehardpetrafan:)
sickasadog wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Progfan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm
Here’s a little behind the scenes type info:

https://youtu.be/ZEfDua9QG88
Awesome! See lots of my favourites there: Daniel Band, Rez, Stryper, Daniel Amos, 77's...
Did someone say… 77s???

Re: Electric Jesus (Movie)

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:54 pm
by sickasadog
Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:26 am
sickasadog wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Progfan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm
Here’s a little behind the scenes type info:

https://youtu.be/ZEfDua9QG88
Awesome! See lots of my favourites there: Daniel Band, Rez, Stryper, Daniel Amos, 77's...
Did someone say… 77s???
I see that I tripped your radar :lol: