A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

a prayer request

Post by epdc » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:27 pm

I won`t make like a long post, so you guys read it :P .

Some people here knows that my sister`s husband was in jail (I won`t repeat the whole story again), well, after a lot of prayers, he is out now.

I wanted to ask you, if you get a chance, if you could pray for their marriage. That God be the center and heal both of them. and that gina be able to leave with him AWAY and be happy on their own and that we all can be happy here.

They suppose to go to theraphy (each one have enough problems ya know) and hopefully will go to church eventually, and our pastors will give us a hand on them.

well, ummm, guess that`s all. thank you if you read all this.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

We will.

Post by Shell » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:08 pm

I know that's been a trial for you. God's hand will be on that situation though, and He'll watch over Gina, her husband and all your family.
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:56 am

Dear Lord Jesus,

I want to pray for Gina and her husband. Lord in the years I've learned how important it is to have You be the foundation and the hold in a marriage for both people. I pray that they both earnestly hunger to seek You, individually and together. Help them to hunger after Your Word and to want to make it their guide for their lives. Help them to find a church to plug into, because they need help, guidance and encouragement from fellow believers to help them stay on the right road and to look into the scriptures for wisdom in their marriage with anything that will come their way. Lord, You are so awesome in bringing people together and I pray that this marriage will be one of where those two will strengthen and help one another and keep each other focused.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 says it so nicely:
9 Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
10 For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.
11 Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?
12 And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

Jesus I want to pray that You are and will always be that third strand in their marriage so that the cords of their love will be YOUR love which is not jealous, is not envious, but is kind, patient, forgiving, caring and letting the other person be of more importance than oneself.

May they help each other up, when one stumbles, may they stick together when life gets cold and problems arise and may the enemy not overpower them ever again. May they not sink back into the same life and problems that they have been in before, but may they arise out of those situations, away from the people that may bring them down and may they become champions for You and champions for success. Their life may be banged up, but Lord You know that a banged up life is worth saving!

Thank You Jesus, that You love all of us that much and that Your love for Gina and her husband will be stronger than any other bond that the enemy may want to place upon them and I thank You Jesus that by the power of Your Name they have been set free.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

muchas gracias

Post by epdc » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:04 pm

thank you sam and shell for your support and also thank you to the people that hasn`t or didn`t post but that are praying too.

Geez guys, is just that, man, you should see them, she is 28 and he is 32 or 33 i think and they both act like teenagers!!!like if he were 16 and she 14 ya know.They still acting like kids.

My dad will talk with both of them to see what`s gonna happen because ya know, they can`t be married and gina living here and my parents buying her clothes and paying school or anything. if my parents don`t do that they will keep being like this. what if my sis get`s pregnant and still they don`t have a house?.

We were kinda sad because they sould be better by now but they still being da same in some areas but now we feel better because a pastor (robert barriger) cam this weekend and said a message in my church, he said that is crazy to keep doing the same things and waiting to see changes. he said that is our decision to change.

so, it`s up to them.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:27 pm

Yeah, it does have to be up to them. Your parents need to stop letting them take advantage and quit helping them out all the time. I know it sounds drastic, and it is hard, but as long as your sister knows your parents will help her out, she won't change. They need to understand mom and dad won't always be around to rescue them, and that's something they should have learned long ago.

You're too young to have to worry about this, your parents really need to deal with it. It may not be as simple as I'm making it sound, but they're grown ups and they do need to start acting like grown ups.
0 x