Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

homosexuality.- a mental disorder?????

Post by epdc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:07 pm

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules ... le&sid=282

Read the article and tell me what you think, I think it is interesting
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Whatever the gay agenda may be...I guess I find it annoying. I guess I see them lost in the chaos of other groups seeking to establish "equality" and "rights" for their own demographic.

I don't like having to resort to science to convince a non-believer, gay or straight, that I (should) love him or her, and that Jesus does, too.

I wonder how aware I am of my own sins.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:06 pm

We all are born human. It is scientifically proven that we humans have DNA. In DNA are genes that determine traits.

In the bible, we have record of man and God induced curses, and sins being passed from generation to generation, as a result of sin/disobedience. We all know that we have inherited sin natures. Hmmm. Wonder how? Sin effects our DNA? Could be.

I know for a fact that when I was in grade school, I noticed traits about females that I admired. Nobody taught it to me. It was natural. Just as I had a predisposition to admire certain traits about ladies, I assume that the same can be true for some guys liking guys, or girls liking girls.

Any teacher and possibly some youth directors will be able to finger one kid that was a born trouble maker. They likely said that they would not be surprised if that kid "did this" or "went to jail". This has an identifiable gene/heredity connection, and/or result of their environment.

For some gays it is a choice. Books have been written about the statistics, circumstances and influences causing people to turn gay.

Therefore, I believe both sides can be correct. It can be a choice for some, and a given for others. The FACT is that we are told to not live by our old natures, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds, resist Satan so he will flee, etc. We have a hope that when we accept Christ, he makes new creations. He never places anything on us that we cannot bear. When you consider we are told to lay it all on Him, finding his strength in our weaknesses, it is all moot.

All sin is sin. It is all punishable by death, yet forgiven through Christ's. For people to get on their high-horse about one specific sin is pharasitical at best.
0 x

winterlens
Pethead
Pethead

Post by winterlens » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:51 pm

I think we should also be wary of the idea that sin has to be intentional for us to be guilty. If I accidentally kicked Brent in the face, for example, I'm still responsible for breaking his nose, even though I really didn't mean to.

(We can, and probably should, argue that genetic predisposition is different in a real way from the accidents of gumby-like flexibility, but the point is more that it is not reasonable not to hold people accountable for sins they didn't want to commit. We're Christians--none of us want to sin, yet we seem to have a nasty habit of doing so.)
0 x
DIA PISTEWS IHSOU CRISTOU

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 pm

winterlens wrote:I think we should also be wary of the idea that sin has to be intentional for us to be guilty. If I accidentally kicked Brent in the face, for example, I'm still responsible for breaking his nose, even though I really didn't mean to.

(We can, and probably should, argue that genetic predisposition is different in a real way from the accidents of gumby-like flexibility, but the point is more that it is not reasonable not to hold people accountable for sins they didn't want to commit. We're Christians--none of us want to sin, yet we seem to have a nasty habit of doing so.)
Someone beat you to breaking my nose. Barny Munhullan threw a dark frisbie at me one night. BAMMO! The shnauze ranneth over. Ah, the good old days.
0 x