Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Ray Boltz GAY?

Post by brent » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm

0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

well...

Post by gman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

obviously he had some stuff he didn't deal with, that he tried to run from by getting married and whatever. It's a complicated issue. I have a family member that tried to run from it and not deal with it. They ran for so long that, surprise, surprise, along came a degenerate preacher who author who had it all figured out; that God made you that way and he really wasn't against the lifestyle the way those evil Baptist people would have you believe. That it's okay privded you follow the same guideline that hetero christians do. Stay committed, don't be promiscuous, etc. Sad stuff.

GMan
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: !

Post by separateunion » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Matthew RJ wrote:No surprise really, his musac is gay...great timing when there's a thread about bad lyrics!
Someone at another message board I go to said that about "Thank You".
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Re: !

Post by gman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm

separateunion wrote:
Matthew RJ wrote:No surprise really, his musac is gay...great timing when there's a thread about bad lyrics!
Someone at another message board I go to said that about "Thank You".
I thought thank you was a decent song, but it was overplayed, over performed, etc.

Here's a question, though. If someone is truly saved, won't the conviction of the holy spirit cause them to realize it is wrong? How can they be saved yet not have one ounce of fight in them? I guess you could ask the same question of a lot of things. Ultimately, salvation is God's doing, not ours, and I guess for reasons only he knows, he allows some people to get caught up by something that they ultimately give in to.

GMan
0 x

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by microkoe » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh Man! Met him back in the early 90s! Never would of thought it really. His songs are really powerful! Well.. i still listen to Elton John knowing he is.. so, i will probably still listen to Ray, but in my mind.. wondering truth behind the lyrics.
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 am

I think we have to be careful that we don't automatically assume that because someone is gay, they are no longer saved or the things they wrote or said no longer carry any meaning or were lies. That's not to say we shouldn't point out that Scripturally, homosexuality is wrong. But I think there's a fine line between being attracted to members of the same gender and actually acting on it. People who struggle with lusting over members of the same gender are no worse than those who lust after members of the opposite gender.
Last edited by separateunion on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by microkoe » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:34 am

right on
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:16 am

I love the way the filter changed s-e-x to chess, LOL. There are worse words. Yeah, Jason is right, and homosexuality isn't a bigger sin than any other sin.

Sin does start with thought, so we do need to watch that we don't give the enemy a foothold that way. If you think a certain way, you will act on it sooner or later if you're not careful.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 am

Oh my..... here's the original article:
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2008/9-1 ... /13258.cfm

I find GMA's response interesting:

Word records, which used to distribute Boltz’s music, didn’t respond to a request seeking comment. The Gospel Music Association, the organization that gives out Dove Awards, said via e-mail that “GMA is a trade organization that works for our members to promote gospel/Christian music, not a religious or political group. As such, we do not comment on the lifestyle choices of people in our community.â€
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:17 am

It's just another indication that the "Christian" music industry is about money and doesn't care what is going on so long as the money is coming in.

I remember reading about Michael English in CCM a few years ago (quite a few years ago now) but it's been so long I don't really remember all that was said either. I'm not saying the parties involved haven't reaped the consequences of their actions, there are always consequences for sin, but I find it sad that people would sit back and not speak up about it. The people they were touring with must have at least suspected something was going on, where were they?

That is what happens when anything other than pleasing God becomes a first priority, and it can happen to anyone.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:57 am

That church is really not doing these folks any favors. Yes, there's a place for outreach, but if it doesn't include pointing them to CHANGE and a way OUT of that lifestyle, it's not biblical. Part of being a Christian is turning from sin.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

well...

Post by gman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:52 pm

I don't really remember back to the Michael English days, but it would be guess that did comment on it because Michael voluntarily gave up his awards, admitted his sin, and got out. It would have been good press for them to capitalize on the situation. My guess is that the way it goes is that you capitalize on a Michael English type situation, you make someone quietly disappear if they screw up but don't make you a lot of money, and you look the other way if one of your big moneymakers screws up.
It will be interesting what they do in the future. Based on their statement regarding Boltz, they can't ever go after anyone else.

GMan
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

f

Post by executioner » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:15 pm

First off I am shocked by this, but I'm not surprised by what they said about so many CCM artists are quietly living this lifestyle.

God made no one that way, they choose to be that way and it is sinful; The devil has a hold of Ray now, but hopefully with prayer and support maybe his desires will change.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Christian music is full of drug addicts, whoopie addicts, wife beaters, homo sexuals, liars, cheaters, money landerers, etc. Same as any other industry.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: f

Post by separateunion » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:08 pm

executioner wrote:God made no one that way, they choose to be that way and it is sinful; The devil has a hold of Ray now, but hopefully with prayer and support maybe his desires will change.
I actually don't believe that it is a choice for most homosexuals as far as "orientation" is concerned.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."