My new album: "We Wish You a Merry ROCKIN' Christmas"

A place for Petra fans to talk/plug the bands or projects they are involved in.
axelegend
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 2001

My new album: "We Wish You a Merry ROCKIN' Christmas"

Post by axelegend » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 am

Hey everyone!

I don't post here very often at all, but check in almost daily. I'm an engineer by day and musician by night - and have been a Petra fan for a long time. I had the privilege (and joy!) of helping to promote one of Petra's shows on its Farewell Tour (in Youngstown, Ohio). I've also backed John Schlitt's last 2 albums via Kickstarter - and, in fact, it's because of him that I launched my own Kickstarter campaign to help release an album of my own!

That project is a Christmas album titled "We Wish You a Merry ROCKIN' Christmas" - an album that I think other fellow Petra fans might dig. The main purpose of the album was to take traditional Christmas carols (mostly focused on Christ) and spice them up with brand new arrangements, blending together multiple styles of music, including rock, metal, blues, and more. (To give you a quick idea, some of my musical influences include Boston, Dream Theater, Petra, Savatage, Stratovarius, Van Halen, Whitecross, and a TON of others.) I arranged all of the Christmas songs, wrote 2 instrumentals, and performed most of the instrumentation myself - but also had the help of a few awesome friends who contributed vocals, drums, and additional keyboards.

As a short preview, here's a YouTube video of my drummer Roger recording his parts in the studio for "Jingle Bells":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxfA5GZ_14w

The album is currently available in digital format (and audio samples may be heard) at the following sites: Amazon, CD Baby, Google Play, and iTunes. For those (besides myself) who still prefer owning a physical product, CDs may be purchased from CD Baby and directly from me (via my website at baydamusic.com).

In addition, if anyone here lives near northeastern Ohio and wants to see the music performed LIVE, I'll be performing it (with a full band) on December 20-22, 2013 at the Main Street Theater in Columbiana, Ohio - details are posted at baydamusic.com.

Thanks for reading - should anyone have any questions, please feel free to let me know! :mrgreen:

0 x
Christopher L. Bayda
baydamusic.com
facebook | twitter