PDC

A place for Petra fans to talk/plug the bands or projects they are involved in.
canelaschlitt
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra praise 2
Pethead since: 1998

PDC

Post by canelaschlitt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi Brent! Are there any news about the new project??
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Re: PDC

Post by brenthandy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:34 pm

Sorry, I just saw this.

We have 12 solid tunes, all relevant to the times. We will release eight. Musicians who have heard it like it. These are not our fans. These aren't even fans of our genre per se. A couple of them are people CCM fans would know. So, I feel pretty good that they have heard our influences and like the content.

I began mixing tunes in Atmos/immersive for the headphone listeners. About half of those tunes are done. I need to have some drums retracked but the money is not there for that. I am tempted to put out singles vs. an album so we can get on with it. It's not going to recoup anyway, and the new Spotify model they are rolling out won't pay any artist unless 1,000 plays per song are obtained within a specific timeframe. Few Christian artists are doing that on their own without some help. This is all out of my pocket, my wife is about done with that and there is only so much time in the day to run a business, remodel a house, finish a record, etc. Ha.

Thanks for asking.
1 x

canelaschlitt
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra praise 2
Pethead since: 1998

Post by canelaschlitt » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:26 pm

Hope You can do it!!! God bless You!!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:45 pm

PDC is still in process. We have been busy. PJ (Paul Roraback) is tracking drums as I type. PJ has a history in Christian rock. He was the drummer of Grammatrain, One Bad Pig, and Bloodgood. He is a brother from another mother and shares the same musical influences and goals. It has been great. We are using first takes and don't have to edit anything. It's great to hear it all come together. We will likely release it in the fall if all goes well.
1 x