Re: US shutdown

Post by George Harrison » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:02 am
p-freak wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 am
curt wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:23 am
Even if they get their money back it does not help the problem that the country finds itself in a moral crisis in which many people, even some who identify as Christians, continue to support a man who lies and treats and talks about other human beings in ways that should not be supported by anyone with moral intergrity.
I honestly don't understand how cultural loyalties can be so strong that it blinds people to what Curt said.
Because what he said was just a typical liberal rant without substance and full of hidden assumptions that really aren't worth the effort of teasing out. Rush Limbaugh once said that the trouble with debating a liberal is that you have to spend so much time and energy simply bringing them up to speed with basic facts that you're never able to get around to actually making your point.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
p-freak wrote:
curt wrote:
Even if they get their money back it does not help the problem that the country finds itself in a moral crisis in which many people, even some who identify as Christians, continue to support a man who lies and treats and talks about other human beings in ways that should not be supported by anyone with moral intergrity.
I honestly don't understand how cultural loyalties can be so strong that it blinds people to what Curt said.
Because what he said was just a typical liberal rant without substance and full of hidden assumptions that really aren't worth the effort of teasing out. Rush Limbaugh once said that the trouble with debating a liberal is that you have to spend so much time and energy simply bringing them up to speed with basic facts that you're never able to get around to actually making your point.
EXACTLY!
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
p-freak wrote:
curt wrote:
. Is it not true that Trump has a big mouth and can sometimes treat people with disrespect? Remember the debates before the election when he kept insulting Marco Rubio and calling him a little liar? Though, he does have some positive points too of course. Do some of you people perhaps think you can win a debate simply by laughing at and mocking the other side? By ridiculing their opinions? Really? Should we not respect everyone's opinions, and if we do want to disagree, should we not do so by using reasoning, logic, and relevant points, rather than laughing at them and disrespecting them? Not to point fingers at anyone in particular.
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:40 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
p-freak wrote:
curt wrote:
. Is it not true that Trump has a big mouth and can sometimes treat people with disrespect? Remember the debates before the election when he kept insulting Marco Rubio and calling him a little liar? Though, he does have some positive points too of course. Do some of you people perhaps think you can win a debate simply by laughing at and mocking the other side? By ridiculing their opinions? Really? Should we not respect everyone's opinions, and if we do want to disagree, should we not do so by using reasoning, logic, and relevant points, rather than laughing at them and disrespecting them? Not to point fingers at anyone in particular.
Concerning the specific example of the debates, Trump was out manoeuvring the competition with the nicknames. In reality is it more respectful to fight for ALL Americans as he does in terms of the economy or even abortion or perhaps be polite and maintain "Those Jobs Are Never Coming Back” as his predecessor did?
Last edited by zman7720000 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:42 pm

The left has a propensity to give symbolism over substance.
1 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm

zman7720000 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:42 pm
And their symbolism is done right evil and ungodly.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm

executioner wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm
zman7720000 wrote:
Very civil there, Exe...
1 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm

It's so sad to see that some of you hide inside the reinforced walls of your stone engraved opinions. Your opinion isn't sacred and isn't the only truth in the world. It would bring you so much more if you'd be at least open to consider that others have valid reasons for their opinions. Speaking in polemic is never, never, never the solution. I wish you an open mind and an open heart, lots of respect and love for those who disagree with you, and moderation in discussions.
1 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 pm

p-freak wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm
executioner wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm
zman7720000 wrote:
Very civil there, Exe...
If it goes against the Word of God then it is evil & ungodly; 99% what the left pushes falls into that catagory and goes directly against what the Bible teaches. I'm being as civil as one can be.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Okay, I don't usually get involved in political discussions. I will say the underlying issue isn't "liberal" vs "conservative" or the name of the political party. There has been a lot of nonsense from both parties. The problem is our government isn't focused on God or the good of the country, and again, it isn't unique to a particular party or a liberal vs conservative problem. Read 1 Samual 8 where the people tell Samuel they want a king. It's this attitude that is the root problem, and it's been going on for centuries. It started in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve decided to go their own way rather than obey God.
Last edited by Shell on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:29 am

p-freak po more wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm
It's so sad to see that some of you hide inside the reinforced walls of your stone engraved opinions. Your opinion isn't sacred and isn't the only truth in the world. It would bring you so much more if you'd be at least open to consider that others have valid reasons for their opinions. Speaking in polemic is never, never, never the solution. I wish you an open mind and an open heart, lots of respect and love for those who disagree with you, and moderation in discussions.
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:30 am

p-freak wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm
Yes, I agree. Disregarding and mocking other people's opinions simply shows one's ignorance, and pride
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:31 am

Shell wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm
Okay, I don't usually get involved in political discussions. The underlying issue isn't "liberal" vs "conservative" or the name of the political party. There has been a lot of nonsense from both parties. The problem is our government isn't focused on God or the good of the country, and again, it isn't unique to a particular party or a liberal vs conservative problem. Read 1 Samual 8 where the people tell Samuel they want a king. It's this attitude that is the root problem, and it's been going on for centuries. It started in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve decided to go their own way rather than obey God.
Very true.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:29 am

executioner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 pm
If it goes against the Word of God then it is evil & ungodly; 99% what the left pushes falls into that catagory and goes directly against what the Bible teaches. I'm being as civil as one can be.
What YOU think the Bible teaches. It's not going against the Word of God, but against your personal beliefs of how to prioritise and interpret what's written in the Word of God. Mine happen to be quite different.

Also, you weren't being civil at all. It struck me more as blunt and rude. Attitudes and posts like that are what chased thoroughly decent community members like Matthew RJ off these boards.
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by George Harrison » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:40 pm

p-freak wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:29 am
executioner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 pm
What YOU think the Bible teaches. It's not going against the Word of God, but against your personal beliefs of how to prioritise and interpret what's written in the Word of God. Mine happen to be quite different.

Also, you weren't being civil at all. It struck me more as blunt and rude. Attitudes and posts like that are what chased thoroughly decent community members like Matthew RJ off these boards.
Quite true p-freak. Certain people showed complete disregard for other people, they immediately mocked the people who didn't agree with them. Frankly, I don't care whether people think Trump is good or not, I just hate to see people treated with disrespect. No one has a monopoly on truth, and if you think you do, then you are arrogant and decieved. Besides, is it worth it? Does it really matter if someone disagrees with you about politics?
0 x