Petra's lyrics that are confusing

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Petra's lyrics that are confusing

Post by Shell » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:22 am

Okay, valid points...And if it is on the Internet available for people to read that does make a difference. This kind of sounds like the "blab it and grab it" thing, and it often involves racking in the bucks. Still, though, he is a big boy and he did make the decision to get involved with her in the first place. Just saying.

I would kind of like to get a copy of that album myself.

Update: I did read a sample of her book just out of curiosity and it is rather strange. Oodles of cash, miracles and multiple marriages are a good indication something weird is going on, and she's not unique in that sort of thing. It's sad, because although I believe God can and does work miracles, His best work is usually done in the everyday small stuff.
0 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 pm

SkyCaptain wrote:
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:09 pm
"This bomb is ticking and we're getting to the end of the fuse..." So, which detonation system does this thing have? :lol:
Okay that is funny but on a serious note maybe its talking about time as a bomb or maybe Bob felt like being funny I guess I never really gave that one much thought :lol:
Last edited by Diehardpetrafan:) on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Shell wrote:
Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:28 pm
Most of us probably don't know these folks personally, and don't know their circumstances, so I agree, it's probably better not to discuss someone's marriage(s) on the Internet. It does take more than one person to contribute to whatever might lead to a divorce, even if one person happens to contribute more than another. Of course it's a sad thing, but it's not less so if they don't happen to get media attention. Let's withhold judgment shall we?

We all have at least the capacity to behave badly, even if we opt not to act on it. I think that's what it boils down to: Life is a series of choices, and we can choose to either do the right thing and trust God or go our own way...And there are consequences when we decide to go our own way. You do reap what you sow, even if it doesn't happen right away or it's not in the way you might think. Just sayin'.

Don't get me wrong; I don't condone divorce. I get the idea that it does say something if someone is divorced multiple times (and that's no matter who it is). I think the only reasons divorce should be considered is if someone has cheated or someone is being abused and it's get out or die. The fact is though, that won't always be the case, and both people have to want to stay married. As someone (Brent I think) pointed out, there are some marriages that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
The Bible does tell us when you can divorce, guys. See, there is nothing like that where God doesn't show you which way to go, and I dont condone divorce unless yes, it's get out or die, or, as the Bible says, under the ground of sexual immorality. Just sayin so you guys don't have to flounder around on your own
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:46 pm

This is an old thread. :mrgreen: My main point was that although sin does need to be seen for what it is and dealt with, you need to look at the big picture and understand why sin is a problem. The reason sin is a problem is because it's disobedience to God, and disobedience is disobedience no matter who it is or what form it takes. Divorce is not a "bigger" sin than any other sin, and hearing about it in the news doesn't make it worse. There are plenty of people who have been married multiple times who aren't given media coverage.

I think a good approach is to remember that God hates sin but loves the sinner, and wants the sinner to turn from their sin and focus on Him. Sin is something we all have to deal with. Things are going to get messed up if your first priority isn't trusting and obeying God.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Killing My Old Man was before I was stupid enough to realize what it was actually meant :lol:
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Well, not exactly confusing, but ever since my dad explained what 'The Rapture' theology was I'm noticing it around and I'm disappointed Petra has one- All The King's Horses. I mean, that's not gonna stop me from listening to it, but I still think it's silly :roll:
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:10 pm
Well, not exactly confusing, but ever since my dad explained what 'The Rapture' theology was I'm noticing it around and I'm disappointed Petra has one- All The King's Horses. I mean, that's not gonna stop me from listening to it, but I still think it's silly :roll:
People continually debate what actually happens in Revelation. It'd require a very thorough study of the Bible to understand what precisely happens. Many people disagree on it, it's just the way things are
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:29 pm

What exactly do rapture people believe? I thought I understood my dad's explanation to my mom, but now I'm not sure. :| Or is it better left alone? My thoughts on the second coming are God is coming and we're all going up to heaven good and bad to go before the throne and he tells us whether our names are in the book of life or not, and then we're in heaven forever. And of course the dead will be raised. But the 'thousand years' they believe in are actually Right Now!! :) I think that's Good News, because what's the sense in staying here? And God can't be on earth, the earth would melt in His presence. And wouldn't we want to go to heaven Right Away?? :) :) :)

I dunno, I'm sure there's a heck of a lot of people on here who believe in the rapture, and of course it's not exactly fatal to your salvation, or whatever the word is, but it's still a wrong idea.
┓(´゚_ν゚)┏
I guess it's your deal but my dad says you'd have to cut out scripture, but I guess I'm not even sure 100% what it is sooo. . . I just know we ain't having an earthly kingdom here on earth, sorry Scott & John.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Sorry... maybe that was kind of offensive in a way. I didn’t mean it that way. I get it from my dad........ :|(Not that that’s an excuse, I’m really trying to be more, tactful). :roll:
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:07 am

Diehardpetrafan, the great thing about the Bible is its Gospel (good news) message. That message is that Christ came, and humanity can now be saved. This is simple and requires only the faith of a child. But scripture as a whole (the Bible) is infinitely complex, and one could spend lifetimes in research to understand it.

Thus Paul says to, " Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth." - NLT

This suggests several things. First, understanding scripture is work! Secondly, since it can be 'correctly' explained, there is also an incorrect way as well. The KJV says 'dividing.'

Blessings,
1 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:18 am

Are you implying I 'incorrectly' explained something? Because I would look up all the scriptures that turn away the idea of the rapture if you want. I'm confused as to what you were trying to tell me by that.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:22 am

Ohhh after reading my things, I understand. Noo I definitely understand what scripture is! I meant I wasn't 100% sure what the rapture is. I guess I should've been more specific... my bad.
1 x