A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Which CCR Musician would you meet?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:50 am

If you could meet a CCR (Classic Christian Rock) Musician (maybe you have already in the past) who would it be? Imagine sitting down with your favorite keyboardist or maybe you like a drummer and having a chat. Or getting your favorite Voice's autograph :) Who is your choice?
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: Which CCR Musician would you meet?

Post by George Harrison » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:50 pm

Probably Bob Hartman. If not, it'd be one of these:
John Schlitt
Phil Keaggy
Glen Kaiser
Adam Young
John Lowry
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:54 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:50 pm
Probably Bob Hartman. If not, it'd be one of these:
John Schlitt
Phil Keaggy
Glen Kaiser
Adam Young
John Lowry
Mine would be either John Lawry or Rick Florian- Michael Sweet would be a good choice too though
0 x

GabrielHansberry
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 2010

Post by GabrielHansberry » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 am

I would meet John Lawry. And I did. And it was a great time!

Others I would like to meet would be Bob Hartman, Stephen Crumbacher, Steve Camp, and Eddie DeGarmo.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:21 am

GabrielHansberry wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 am
I would meet John Lawry. And I did. And it was a great time!

Others I would like to meet would be Bob Hartman, Stephen Crumbacher, Steve Camp, and Eddie DeGarmo.
Awww, you're lucky
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:45 pm

I have met Michael Sweet and Oz Fox, but would like to meet Bob Hartman, John Schlitt, Greg X. Volz, Glenn Kaiser, Wendy Kaiser, Michael Roe, and Terry Scott Taylor
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:23 pm

I too would like to meet Terry Scott Taylor, and the guys from Guardian
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brenthandy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:59 pm

None. They are people just like you and me. Some of the ones I thought I would like to meet left me wishing I hadn't. They were complete jerks. Some of the ones I have met and or mixed have blown my mind at how humble and transparent they were.

The only time I have enjoyed meeting an artist of any sort was when we could really engage in a conversation about the craft, gear, history, and the business of it all behind the scenes. Peel back the show biz and stage persona.

All that said, I do wish I could speak with some secular musicians who have played on the albums of some of my fav CCM records. It would be interesting to know what they thought of the music, artists, messages, etc.
1 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:49 pm

John Fogerty. Sorry, but when you type CCR it will always mean Creedence to me. As for Classic Christian Rock there is no I can think of that I would like to meet...maybe Lisa Faxen.
1 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:23 am

Where to start? I got to meet Michael W. at his church, shake his hand chat briefly. I shaken John and Bob's hand and gotten pictures at a show. I've also done some of their autograph signings. I got autographs from the Guardian guys, and Newsboys way back when. I got to meet Switchfoot at an autograph signing at Creation Fest. I also got Mr. Sweet's autograph and picture when he played solo at Creation. He seemed super nice.
Chris Rodriguez is one of my favorite guitar players. He did a late night coffeehouse type show at Creation many years ago. He payed a bunch of his solo stuff. I got to meet him and get a picture. Another super nice guy. It's a shame he never got to do more with his solo stuff and take a band out on the road. He talked about it, but it never came to be. I'm a big fan of New York City, and musicians from there. I'd love to hang with John Elefante, or the guys from Burlap to Cashmere. I'd also love to sit with Jon Knox and have break down some of the stuff I've seen or heard him do on the drum kit.

I had a drum instructor in college who I could get off track just by asking him what drummers were doing in different songs. I asked him if he could break down what Louie was doing for the big fill in Praying Man. He had no clue. He was a fantastic drummer, but I guess he didn't have the ear for breaking down other people's stuff. He told me I should make it my mission to meet Louie and ask him. That never happened.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:25 pm

rexreed wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:49 pm
John Fogerty. Sorry, but when you type CCR it will always mean Creedence to me. As for Classic Christian Rock there is no I can think of that I would like to meet...maybe Lisa Faxen.
Sorry I forget it also means Credence Clear Revival I know 🤪
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:28 pm

gman wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:23 am
Where to start? I got to meet Michael W. at his church, shake his hand chat briefly. I shaken John and Bob's hand and gotten pictures at a show. I've also done some of their autograph signings. I got autographs from the Guardian guys, and Newsboys way back when. I got to meet Switchfoot at an autograph signing at Creation Fest. I also got Mr. Sweet's autograph and picture when he played solo at Creation. He seemed super nice.
Chris Rodriguez is one of my favorite guitar players. He did a late night coffeehouse type show at Creation many years ago. He payed a bunch of his solo stuff. I got to meet him and get a picture. Another super nice guy. It's a shame he never got to do more with his solo stuff and take a band out on the road. He talked about it, but it never came to be. I'm a big fan of New York City, and musicians from there. I'd love to hang with John Elefante, or the guys from Burlap to Cashmere. I'd also love to sit with Jon Knox and have break down some of the stuff I've seen or heard him do on the drum kit.

I had a drum instructor in college who I could get off track just by asking him what drummers were doing in different songs. I asked him if he could break down what Louie was doing for the big fill in Praying Man. He had no clue. He was a fantastic drummer, but I guess he didn't have the ear for breaking down other people's stuff. He told me I should make it my mission to meet Louie and ask him. That never happened.
Aw that sounds so cool! Too bad you still haven't met Louie- someday I hope! If I ever do I'll ask him for you :P :lol:
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 am

brenthandy wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:59 pm
All that said, I do wish I could speak with some secular musicians who have played on the albums of some of my fav CCM records. It would be interesting to know what they thought of the music, artists, messages, etc.
As far as I am concerned Steve Lukather played on some CCM records, and generally has played on quite many records, sometimes not being credited.

Steve Lukather calls himself a believer and has made this statement:
They’re thinking of the fake God, with the white beard, you know? ‘I saw you touching yourself in the shower and now you’re going to go to hell’. I think that’s like a fairy tale, you know? God can’t be a Christian if God came before Christ, if you really think about all of that. I mean, I’m a believer but I don’t really go for the money spinning compository of the modern-day church and the evangelicals, you know? Where the money and bad behaviour is okay because their team is winning, you know?” https://musicfeeds.com.au/features/toto ... ck-n-roll/
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:33 pm

I met the God Fixation incarnation of Petra minus Kevin Brandow at the Dove Awards many years ago. Definitely the highlight of the trip for me. At the same event, I also met Phil Keaggy (who gave me a free CD), Brian Duncan, Steve Taylor (who's real-life personality is the polar opposite of his stage persona), Skillet, and several others that I've forgotten.

My favorite was winning a promotional contest during the release of Jekyll & Hyde and getting a personal phone call from John Schlitt who I spent about 20-minutes chatting with.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Wow!!! That sounds so cool! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I’m jealous!! :) :lol:
0 x