A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Doing what you know is right

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:09 pm

What do you guys have to say about doing the right thing even if it's painful, hard or just a huge diassapointment? Like, just to show God that you love and follow Him and to prove the devil wrong whenever he thinks "oh! I've got her/him now!" I really hate Satan with all of my being in those moments and ironically today my devotional was on Resist Him by Whitecross so the verses were James 4:6-8a which I think God arranged specially for tonight cause He knew that the devil would try and sway my mind to do what I know is wrong but no! I'm going to stand firm with Christ: ) My mom doesn't really trust me even though I'm almost 13 so she told me no about something I had been anticipating for weeks and I wish I could secretly go against her word but Satan hasn't got me in his power and I'd hate myself afterward so I won't of course but I am disappointed more so than I have ever been in my whole life.
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Re: Doing what you know is right

Post by zman7720000 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Doing the right thing is usually much harder than not, I'm sorry to tell you that is gets even more difficult the older you get. Christ would have preferred not to die on the cross, but was obedient. Good thing is it's not a sin to be tempted, follow his Spirit and he will take care you.
1 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:26 pm

zman7720000 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:24 pm
Doing the right thing is usually much harder than not, I'm sorry to tell you that is gets even more difficult the older you get. Christ would have preferred not to die on the cross, but was obedient. Good thing is it's not a sin to be tempted, follow his Spirit and he will take care you.
Yes, I presume it does only get harder, and is a lot easier said than done, but His Spirit is there for us :P
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Even Jesus knew the pain and suffering that can come from doing the right thing:

Matthew 26:39: And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”

Or those Christians in atheist/communist and Middle Eastern countries who are tortured and killed because they choose to serve God.

I recently talked to a friend who is in her early 40s and has been single all her life who said she's not looking to date because God told her he wanted her devoted to her ministry and not to be distracted by a relationship. She said, "It is easy to say that the ministry comes first - a lot harder to live it." She is making a sacrifice that I'm sure is emotionally painful on a certain level (and being a gorgeous woman, I gather she has no shortage of interested guys).

But Jesus tells us that his burden is easy, and that his yoke is light. Whatever pain we might experience from doing right pales in comparison to the blessings we will receive from God.
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:09 pm
Even Jesus knew the pain and suffering that can come from doing the right thing:

Matthew 26:39: And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”

Or those Christians in atheist/communist and Middle Eastern countries who are tortured and killed because they choose to serve God.

I recently talked to a friend who is in her early 40s and has been single all her life who said she's not looking to date because God told her he wanted her devoted to her ministry and not to be distracted by a relationship. She said, "It is easy to say that the ministry comes first - a lot harder to live it." She is making a sacrifice that I'm sure is emotionally painful on a certain level (and being a gorgeous woman, I gather she has no shortage of interested guys).

But Jesus tells us that his burden is easy, and that his yoke is light. Whatever pain we might experience from doing right pales in comparison to the blessings we will receive from God.
That is great! I bet that would be hard for her, though.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:18 am

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:09 pm

That is great! I bet that would be hard for her, though.
In some ways, yes, but she also has the confidence and comfort that comes from knowing that she's doing God's will to her fullest potential. Some of the stuff she has been through for her ministry is jaw-dropping. I'm talking "risking life and limb" sort of stuff. She's an extraordinary woman.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 am

She sounds like it. :P
0 x