A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Strange Nostalgia

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Does anybody else get this strange nostalgia, like, I'll be reading posts from 2007 and like, wish I could've been on then (obviously I was 1 or younger, but same with the 80s-- I wish nothing more than to be in the 80s 😌) Or seeing how in 2012 145 users were on!! Like, that would've been totally cool!! :) :) :| Oh well. . . Just wondering if anyone else ever feels the same way 🤷‍♀️
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Strange Nostalgia

Post by rexreed » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:16 am

Diehard,
I was able to become a fan of Petra just after the release of BB. SHortly after my brother came back from his first semester of college I listened to the title track and could not get enough of the band. On FIre was the next album I would get. At some point I came across the early albums and well... I just considered anything before Back to the Street to be a different band. So for me the best years of Petra were long before message boards or fan forums. I would scour magazines for information and most of them were not online. Hardly anything was online back then. By the time I had joined the ZOne a lot had happened in music. Most of Petra's fans fell off a cliff ( you know how ccm fans disappear after a few albums whereas mainstream artists keep their fans?) and the Petra shows were much smaller. Heck they announced the band disbanding and that seemed to get the most activity on this board! SO I guess I'm trying to say that the days before social media, message boards were a fun time to be alive. There is more nostalgia looking through a Sears Wishbook than looking through an old post.
1 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Re: Strange Nostalgia

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Heck, you don't think I wish I was you!
I don't really wish to go back to 2012 necessarily- that wasn't a time I especially liked. At all. But I want to be around when everyone else is. I miss the 80s even if I wasn't alive then, because then church seems more fun- (probably there was a lot more people & they weren't all 50-70 years old :|) When everyone's around and having a nice time including yourself and you aren't there and then you have to 'watch' in a way because you were 'late' even though it's not even your fault cause- you weren't there for a reason and there's no possible way for you to have 'gone to the party'. I've never looked at it that way myself. Hmmm, I bet my invitation will come someday :roll:
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)