A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Wonder

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:56 am

This morning my pastor preached on Wonder, and he said that the three points of wonder are
1. Wonder begins in the presence of God
2. Wonder is contagious
3. Wonder leads to worship
Which is what happens to the shepherds in Luke 2:8-20. He said that when you're in wonder you have to share it and I absolutely loved the sermon, soo, I had to share it :lol:

One of his examples was looking out from on top of the rocky mountains in Colorado & it made me think of how much I want to go to Montana! It was hard to sit still for the rest of it and I don't know how some people are content to sit in the house all the time (my sisters included). I wish I lived somewhere more adventurous because sometimes I fear I'll go crazy. But time flies and if I have the most fun I can then I'll be ok :lol: Dig deeper into Christmas and think about it; find everything you can to wonder about. The world has no end to its wonders, but people have lost a sense of wonder. Don't lose your sense of wonder!!

Merry Christmas to all! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: Wonder

Post by George Harrison » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:04 pm

That is a nice message. Merry Christmas! :P
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Re: Wonder

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Actually, I was late in deleting this. My dad explained in depth to me and my mom how it was fluffy. It was. I guess I got a different impression, I kind of sat in my own thoughts, but my dad heard him say some pretty stupid things. I'm not sure, and I'm not just thinking about today, but after my dad said something things about Christmas it might be ruined for me. More and more I'm thinking of things, that, I less and less want to hold up. I'm sorry. Still merry Christmas, but, I understand my dad, and I wish we could get a pastor who doesn't give fluff.

:roll:
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)