CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 84

CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by curt » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:04 am

According to Christianity Today Trump should be removed:
The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... ffice.html
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 am

Honestly, I disagree because I don’t want a pedo in office and he hasn’t done anything Hillary or a Democrat could. You know that if Trump leaves we’re gettin a Democrat in office and it’s all gonna go downhill.

Christianity today shouldn’t be any different than Christianity yesterday... I don’t like culturally relevant Christianity... it’s dangerous.
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by George Harrison » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:41 pm

*insert Michael Jackson popcorn eating meme*

Yeah I saw that the other day.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:33 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:41 pm
https://m.imgur.com/r/HighQualityGifs/S6HAKVZ

Yeah I saw that the other day.
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by George Harrison » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:33 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:41 pm
https://m.imgur.com/r/HighQualityGifs/S6HAKVZ

Yeah I saw that the other day.
Ah yes, I have not yet figured out how to do that so thanks :lol:
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Oh I just looked it up and it came up so I copied the link ¯\_(°ᴥ°)_/¯
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 191

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am

Christianity Today isn't the magazine that Billy Graham founded. In fact, Graham voted for and supported Trump.
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:31 am

I guess I don't support Trump, but I'm also not against him. There's a lot worse people to be in office, even though there are better.
1 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by George Harrison » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:08 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:31 am
I guess I don't support Trump, but I'm also not against him. There's a lot worse people to be in office, even though there are better.
same, although it does not matter as I do not live in the US
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 84

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by curt » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:44 am

Christianity Today has further explained the points:
Similarly, this is neither a criticism of the evangelical Trump voter nor an endorsement of the Democrats. The 2016 election confronted evangelical voters with an impossible dilemma: Vote for a pro-choice candidate whose policies would advance so much of what we oppose, or vote for an extravagantly immoral candidate who could well damage the standing of the republic and the witness of the church. Countless men and women we hold in the highest regard voted for President Trump, some wholeheartedly and some reluctantly. Friends we love and respect have also counseled and worked within the Trump administration. We believe they are doing their best to serve wisely in a fallen world.
We nevertheless believe the evangelical alliance with this presidency has done damage to our witness here and abroad. The cost has been too high. American evangelicalism is not a Republican PAC.
Out of love for Jesus and his church, not for political partisanship or intellectual elitism, this is why we feel compelled to say that the alliance of American evangelicalism with this presidency has wrought enormous damage to Christian witness. It has alienated many of our children and grandchildren. It has harmed African American, Hispanic American, and Asian American brothers and sisters. And it has undercut the efforts of countless missionaries who labor in the far fields of the Lord. While the Trump administration may be well regarded in some countries, in many more the perception of wholesale evangelical support for the administration has made toxic the reputation of the Bride of Christ.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... ident.html
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 84

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by curt » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:53 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am
Christianity Today isn't the magazine that Billy Graham founded. In fact, Graham voted for and supported Trump.
Depending on who you ask:

Billy Graham’s grandson, Boz Tchividjian, said: “A heavy hearted bravo to CT! Well said on so many levels. I believe my grandfather would have had a similar perspective. Thank you.”
Billy Graham’s granddaughter said the evangelical Christian magazine’s call for Trump to be removed from office was “courageous.” Jerushah Duford said she disagrees with her uncle Franklin Graham, who took to Facebook to tear into the publication.

“My grandfather always said courage is contagious,” she said. “My hope is that an article like this will be a first step for people to actually stand up.” She went on to say that the good Trump has done, like his anti-choice stance, does not seem to outweigh the bad he’s done.
https://politicaltribune.org/billy-grah ... ourageous/

Franklin Graham claims Billy Graham supported Trump. I am not sure what that means in this context. Billy Graham is unfortunately dead and has not seen what Trump has done for a rather long period.
0 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:31 am

I guess that makes sense, I don't agree one bit with the people hating on Trump putting out signs swearing at him, but I do know there could definitely be better people out there- I know my mom and dad didn't vote for Trump.
1 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 191

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:13 am

curt wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:53 am
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am
Christianity Today isn't the magazine that Billy Graham founded. In fact, Graham voted for and supported Trump.
Depending on who you ask...
Nope, it's not an opinion. It's a fact that Billy Graham voted for and supported Trump. Quoting Franklin Graham, his son:

"Christianity Today released an editorial stating that President Trump should be removed from office—and they invoked my father’s name (I suppose to try to bring legitimacy to their statements), so I feel it is important for me to respond. Yes, my father Billy Graham founded Christianity Today; but no, he would not agree with their opinion piece. In fact, he would be very disappointed. I have not previously shared who my father voted for in the past election, but because of this article, I feel it is necessary to share it now. My father knew Donald Trump, he believed in Donald Trump, and he voted for Donald Trump. He believed that Donald J. Trump was the man for this hour in history for our nation."

https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham ... ?__tn__=-R
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 84

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by curt » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:13 am
curt wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:53 am
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am
Christianity Today isn't the magazine that Billy Graham founded. In fact, Graham voted for and supported Trump.
Depending on who you ask...
Nope, it's not an opinion. It's a fact that Billy Graham voted for and supported Trump. Quoting Franklin Graham, his son:

"Christianity Today released an editorial stating that President Trump should be removed from office—and they invoked my father’s name (I suppose to try to bring legitimacy to their statements), so I feel it is important for me to respond. Yes, my father Billy Graham founded Christianity Today; but no, he would not agree with their opinion piece. In fact, he would be very disappointed. I have not previously shared who my father voted for in the past election, but because of this article, I feel it is necessary to share it now. My father knew Donald Trump, he believed in Donald Trump, and he voted for Donald Trump. He believed that Donald J. Trump was the man for this hour in history for our nation."

https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham ... ?__tn__=-R
And others from that family have other impressions. I see no point in claiming any of that to be facts we can know with certainty. And what we certainly cannot know is what Billy Graham would have thought about stuff that happened after his death.

So, like I said, people connected to him have different ideas about what he would have thought about Trump. Even if he voted for him it is no guarante that he would have continued to support him.

Merry Christmas
1 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305

Re: CT: Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Very true.
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests