Petra should do a live concert cd

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
curt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Petra should do a live concert cd

Post by curt » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:01 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:54 pm
I'm not a big fan of the Elefante Bro.'s style of production, but to say that it "no longer sounded like real music" is a big stretch.
Which is why I never said so. Here is what I said: "The Elefantes loved their studio "magic" to the extent that the music no longer sounded like real music at times." Leaving out "at times" is what creates the "big stretch". Rather selective quoting. :lol:
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am

curt wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:01 am
Mountain Man wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the Elefante Bro.'s style of production, but to say that it "no longer sounded like real music" is a big stretch.
Which is why I never said so. Here is what I said: "The Elefantes loved their studio "magic" to the extent that the music no longer sounded like real music at times." Leaving out "at times" is what creates the "big stretch". Rather selective quoting. :lol:
It's a big stretch even with that qualifier. I can not think of a single moment in any Elefante production that didn't sound like "real music", although I suppose it depends on what you mean by that rather ambiguous term.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:50 am

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:41 pm
Sheesh! I didn't know everyone disliked the Elefantes so much. Heck Petra sounded better then than their newer stuff even from late 90s. I think they had Petra at their best, and I don't think anything was wasted and if it sounded different it wouldn't be "Petra" to many of you including myself, admit it.
I don't necessarily dislike the Elefante records and still greatly enjoy listening to Back to the Street through Unseen Power. I just prefer other production styles like the Johnathan David Brown and Brown Bannister produced albums which have a less processed, more organic sound where you can pick out individual instruments from the mix. Having said that, the Elefante produced God Fixation is a great sounding album.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:19 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am
curt wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
It's a big stretch even with that qualifier. I can not think of a single moment in any Elefante production that didn't sound like "real music", although I suppose it depends on what you mean by that rather ambiguous term.
Which makes one wonder even more why you needed to leave out the qualifier. :-)
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 am

curt wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:19 am
Mountain Man wrote:
curt wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
I didn't need to do anything, so stop being a jerk and try having a civilized conversation.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 am
curt wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:19 am
Mountain Man wrote:
curt wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
I didn't need to do anything, so stop being a jerk and try having a civilized conversation.
Having a civilized conversation does not involve calling people "jerk" and cutting quotes so that you give a false impression of what they were actually saying.
0 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 pm

I'm sorry but this is getting funny guys. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 pm
No need to feel sorry. :lol:
2 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Yeah and very awkward :lol:
I think we should all take it a bit easier, at the end of the day it's not too important
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:43 pm

curt wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Having a civilized conversation does not involve calling people "jerk"...
It does if the person is acting like a jerk. Seriously, curt, get over yourself.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:47 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:43 pm
curt wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Having a civilized conversation does not involve calling people "jerk"...
It does if the person is acting like a jerk. Seriously, curt, get over yourself.
In a civilized conversation you need to give reasons for your statements. Going for name calling without providing reasons is not civilized conversation. And I did note that you cut out the part of my statement where I adressed that you had previously cut out a part of my statement. That was rather ironic.

Anyway, no need to get unfriendly. Have a nice day.

Blessings
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:39 am

curt wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:47 am
Going for name calling without providing reasons is not civilized conversation.
Some people think they can't be called out for being passive-aggressive, and you, my friend, are a master of passive-aggressive provocation.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:45 am

Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:41 pm
Sheesh! I didn't know everyone disliked the Elefantes so much. Heck Petra sounded better then than their newer stuff even from late 90s. I think they had Petra at their best, and I don't think anything was wasted and if it sounded different it wouldn't be "Petra" to many of you including myself, admit it.
Those records are some of the best they ever made in my opinion. To me that is because the songs are great and the musicians are great. If it sounded different it could be more Petra to me. I mean, we could have the sound of real drums played by Louie instead of not so real drums. We could have had a more organic and natural sounding Petra sounding a lot more like they sounded live at the time. I was a fan of what the Elefantes did back then and it was not that unusual for music in those days to sound rather processed. I think it is beyond debate that what we had on other Petra records was more true to how the guys actually did sound. Whether one likes the Elefante touch or not is, however, a matter of personal taste. And I have changed mine during the years so I prefer a more organic real sound of real instrumets all the way. :P
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:57 am

I'm real sorry but at times this is getting real funny guys, at times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fixed :)
1 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:04 pm

sickasadog wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:57 am
I'm real sorry but at times this is getting real funny guys, at times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fixed :)
Fixed?
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)