Petra in Steelville, MO

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
zak89
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra Praise 2
Pethead since: 2002

Petra in Steelville, MO

Post by zak89 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am

Looks like the show at Meramec Music Theatre (postponed from March) is still on. https://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/merame ... nt/1154903

I have tickets... just not sure logistically if it'll work (1.5 hour drive one way, and I'd like to bring the whole family, but that includes a 10mo and I'm not sure how he's going to handle the stimulation. :shock: :lol: ). If I go, it will be my first (and likely last) time to see any of the Petra members playing in person.

Anyone else going to make it?
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Petra in Steelville, MO

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:34 pm

zak89 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am
Looks like the show at Meramec Music Theatre (postponed from March) is still on. https://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/merame ... nt/1154903

I have tickets... just not sure logistically if it'll work (1.5 hour drive one way, and I'd like to bring the whole family, but that includes a 10mo and I'm not sure how he's going to handle the stimulation. :shock: :lol: ). If I go, it will be my first (and likely last) time to see any of the Petra members playing in person.

Anyone else going to make it?
I'm not able to from Texas but you are close enough to go so please don't miss out on that opportunity, you won't regret it if you go.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 pm

If you're only 1.5 hours away, please go for all us 10 hours or more away :)
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:14 pm

pmal wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 pm
If you're only 1.5 hours away, please go for all us 10 hours or more away :)
Also go for all of us 36 hours away :)

I'm sure it will be great. John still has pipes and was great when I saw him last year. The only time I've seen him, ended up driving around 10-12 hours to get there
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:32 am

I want to go! I bet it's a long way from Minnesota, though

Yeah, about 11hrs
2 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 am

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:32 am
I want to go! I bet it's a long way from Minnesota, though

Yeah, about 11hrs
15.5 hours for me, but 14 days of self-isolating upon returning to Canada.
1 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead

Post by zak89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Well, I went - of course, being my first concert I don’t have much to compare it to, but I have watched my share of Petra concert footage, so I think I had some idea of what to expect, and all I can say is, “Wow”.

It was a fantastic show. The mix was excellent (a bit loud for my personal tastes but I was seated directly across from one of the speaker stacks :lol: ), the arrangements were tight and the balance of vocals with John S., John L. and Greg were spot on, and John’s voice was soaring. I was quite honestly taken aback by the energy and enthusiasm the band (and audience) showed. It was a solid crowd of probably close to 300 I’d estimate. I overheard that John L. was feeling under the whether, which I never would have guessed from either his playing or singing (his background vocals on Fired Up and Fool’s Gold - yes they played those - were top notch), but he didn’t join the rest of the band at the signing table afterwards. Probably around a 100 folks stuck around for autographs and to just visit with the band and fellow Petheads - I saw a couple of friends and made some new acquaintances while in line. I got a few pieces autographed (including my treasured "More Power To Ya" devotional by Bob), although I must have gotten distracted and somehow came away with my "War & Remembrance" boxed set signed by only Bob Hartman and Greg Bailey, which is a very peculiar combination! I'll just tell myself I had it signed by the two band members who play instruments that I also play. :lol:

John opened the concert with a time of prayer, which really enriched the experience to come. The band then introduced the first number with a soaring shout of “Fired up!” and we were off!

As expected, the majority of the set list was the familiar Farewell songs, medleys and solos, but as John explained later in the show, the band wanted to go back and resurrect a few of their less played songs to make this a special event, and I have to say they made the evening a truly unique and unforgettable one. Full set list to follow, but aside from the opening with All Fired Up, the band added Counsel of the Holy, Fool’s Gold, and Somebody’s Gonna Praise His Name (including the audience response) to their repertoire, and I can’t overstate the excitement in the room each time the first more of one of these beloved songs rang out. You could hear the shrieks of the happy Pethead/s in the room whose all-time favorite had just begun to play. :lol:

Thanks folks for the encouragement, and thank you to Petra for a truly inspiring and God-honoring performance. “I’d rather be a fool in the eyes of men, than a fool in the eyes of God!”
Fired Up
Dance
Counsel of the Holy
Fool’s Gold
Rock Medley
Just Reach Out
Acoustic Medley
John’s Solo (Jesus Loves You)
Creed
Judas’ Kiss
Beyond Belief (1991 intro!)
Bob’s Solo
Lord I Lift Your Name on High

Encore:
Somebody’s Gonna Praise His Name
Jekyll & Hyde
2 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 pm

That would have been a great show. I hope it was taped
2 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:19 am

zak89 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 pm
Well, I went - of course, being my first concert I don’t have much to compare it to, but I have watched my share of Petra concert footage, so I think I had some idea of what to expect, and all I can say is, “Wow”.

It was a fantastic show. The mix was excellent (a bit loud for my personal tastes but I was seated directly across from one of the speaker stacks :lol: ), the arrangements were tight and the balance of vocals with John S., John L. and Greg were spot on, and John’s voice was soaring. I was quite honestly taken aback by the energy and enthusiasm the band (and audience) showed. It was a solid crowd of probably close to 300 I’d estimate. I overheard that John L. was feeling under the whether, which I never would have guessed from either his playing or singing (his background vocals on Fired Up and Fool’s Gold - yes they played those - were top notch), but he didn’t join the rest of the band at the signing table afterwards. Probably around a 100 folks stuck around for autographs and to just visit with the band and fellow Petheads - I saw a couple of friends and made some new acquaintances while in line. I got a few pieces autographed (including my treasured "More Power To Ya" devotional by Bob), although I must have gotten distracted and somehow came away with my "War & Remembrance" boxed set signed by only Bob Hartman and Greg Bailey, which is a very peculiar combination! I'll just tell myself I had it signed by the two band members who play instruments that I also play. :lol:

John opened the concert with a time of prayer, which really enriched the experience to come. The band then introduced the first number with a soaring shout of “Fired up!” and we were off!

As expected, the majority of the set list was the familiar Farewell songs, medleys and solos, but as John explained later in the show, the band wanted to go back and resurrect a few of their less played songs to make this a special event, and I have to say they made the evening a truly unique and unforgettable one. Full set list to follow, but aside from the opening with All Fired Up, the band added Counsel of the Holy, Fool’s Gold, and Somebody’s Gonna Praise His Name (including the audience response) to their repertoire, and I can’t overstate the excitement in the room each time the first more of one of these beloved songs rang out. You could hear the shrieks of the happy Pethead/s in the room whose all-time favorite had just begun to play. :lol:

Thanks folks for the encouragement, and thank you to Petra for a truly inspiring and God-honoring performance. “I’d rather be a fool in the eyes of men, than a fool in the eyes of God!”
Fired Up
Dance
Counsel of the Holy
Fool’s Gold
Rock Medley
Just Reach Out
Acoustic Medley
Creed
Judas’ Kiss
Bob’s Solo

Encore:
Jekyll & Hyde
Just Reach Out and Fools Gold are two of my favorites! But Dance, that's my very favorite, tied with You Are My Rock. I wish I was there :cry: The concert sounded wonderful! I bet that was more fun than you could really say. I can't help it- I'm jealous!!
My two older sisters and mom are seeing REO Speedwagon next October, I'm really sad actually. All of you are so lucky!!
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:59 pm

zak89 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Fired Up
Dance
Counsel of the Holy
Fool’s Gold
Rock Medley
Just Reach Out
Acoustic Medley
Creed
Judas’ Kiss
Bob’s Solo

Encore:
Jekyll & Hyde
What is the audience response to Somebodies Gonna Praise His name? I don't remember there being any of that in the song.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead

Post by zak89 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:33 pm

It’s not in the studio recording, but on tour when they did this song John would divide the audience and have each half sing a phrase of the chorus (“Praise his name”, “Call him Lord”). I’d seen concert footage of it before so I sort of knew what to expect when they started into the song. 8)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LwAi_oJO6m0
1 x

canelaschlitt
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra praise 2
Pethead since: 1998

Post by canelaschlitt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:24 pm

Check Cristian Borneo channel on YouTube. He is uploading the concert song by song.
0 x

canelaschlitt
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra praise 2
Pethead since: 1998

Post by canelaschlitt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:48 pm

canelaschlitt wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:24 pm
Check Cristian Borneo channel on YouTube. He is uploading the concert song by song.
https://youtu.be/Miu0oBfmPZ0

https://youtu.be/4kT4wxpmh3U

https://youtu.be/XpeQnSZIKoE

More songs Will be uploaded soon!
3 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:13 pm

canelaschlitt wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:48 pm
canelaschlitt wrote:

Very nice! Loved to hear Fool's Gold after all these years, its always been one of those hidden gems
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

PiedPiper
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1986

Post by PiedPiper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:54 pm

canelaschlitt wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:48 pm
canelaschlitt wrote:

Awesome!
0 x
There is a road inside of you; inside of me there is one too.
No stumbling pilgrim in the dark, the road to Zion's in your heart.