JOHN SCHLITT - SOLO CD 'THE GRAFTING' PREVIEW - ONLINE NOW!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:50 pm

I really don't know how soon they want to release full versions of anything. You may just have to wait a bit...!

The only part of "Lord Have Mercy" that's a 'cover' is the chorus part... the rest of the song is original.

ALL the songs are original... there are 10 songs.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 am

Only 10 songs? That really shows how old John is. He's from the vinyl days when every record had 10 songs!! :D :lol: :D :lol:
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

no

Post by trodLAN » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:50 am

you're wrong on this one. Most new CDs with new artist have this number of songs.
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:55 am

Forgot to reply to this:
John needs to get the adoption song used as a theme song somewhere for greater exposure.
Yes... the song tells a story, from the girl that gave birth to the child meeting her years later. It's a real tear-jerker, even if you don't have kids!

The song would make a terrific theme song for some group... maybe Nat'l Right to Life? That's the group that came to my mind immediately, moreso than an adoption agency group. Hmmm... anyone here have any connections or work with Right to Life?
Whoever was involved in making this Montage, it was nicely done and very effective. Can't wait.
That was all Dan Needham, producer.
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Maecy

Post by Michael » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:20 am

sue d. wrote:The song would make a terrific theme song for some group... maybe Nat'l Right to Life? That's the group that came to my mind immediately, moreso than an adoption agency group. Hmmm... anyone here have any connections or work with Right to Life?
What about Mercy Ministries? http://www.mercyministries.org/ It's a home for women in crisis pregnancies. In the past they have had strong ties to Point of Grace, though, so they may or may not be looking for a new "theme song."
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 pm

John's new solo album promo clips sound GREAT! Looking forward to its official release with great anticipation!
Andy from Indiana
0 x

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 am

Wow! Very impressive! Look forward to hearing more soon!
0 x
www.myspace.com/angetims

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:19 am

I just listened to the sample, and I did like it. I now can't recall the name of the song or even if he mentioned it, but the song where he talks about being a grandfather through adoption was awesome. Just the little bit that played brought tears to my eyes.

I am not a grandfather yet, but am a more than proud adoptive father. As some of you know and may remember, my son is adopted from Nigeria. He'll be 4 in December (We have no way of knowing when his real birthday is, but set his birthdate as Dec. 13). The story we got was that when he was about 2 weeks old he was thrown from a second story window into the yard that was full of garbage. Somebody who happened to care (this sort of thing happens all the time and babies die daily because of abandonment) happened to hear or see him and took him to the police. A policeman who also happened to care (probably about 90% of Nigeria's police and military are corrupt to say the least) took him to the orphanage.

Mary, the lady that has the orphanage, said he had a broken arm when he was brought in. He's been in the US since May 3, 2006, and is thriving.

Isn't this what God does with those who will allow him to? Take us from the garbage and brokeness of our sick lives and turn us into kings & queens. I do believe it is!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:19 pm

Wow.... what a wonderful story.

The song you're referring to is called "The Grafting."

Perhaps this song will strike a chord with America like 'Butterfly Kisses' did. This song is a bit more 'restrictive' in the sense that not everyone can relate to adoption, but even so - it's beautiful song.

Thanks for sharing, js.
0 x

crossways
Pethead
Pethead

Post by crossways » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:59 am

Every Christian shoudl understand adoption in so much as God has adopted us.

js3971 - we both have something in common, as my son is adopted from Russia about 3 years ago...he'll be four in Dec.

I am very passionate about adoption, and would like to see more help given to thse who want these children that no one else wants.

We ended up with roughly $30k in bills. God provided for us. And I know He will again.

I would love to see this song by John be used to help shed light on just how many children need good, loving, homes.

- of course anyone who has adopted knows that we may need these children equally if not more so. I can't imagine this life without Eric.
0 x
I KNOW my Redeemer lives!
- Job
www.crimsontruth.com/Forum.htm
www.crimsontruth.com

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:49 am

I would like to see something more done to help people adopt as well. Not only internationally, but domestically as well. Going to Nigeria was a lot less expensive than going elsewhere, but because of the consistent fraud that comes out of Nigeria, it took almost 2 years to get our son home.

I would like to see something done to cut expenses, and to cut through the barage of red tape that one has to go through. I know that some of it is there to protect parents from child trafficers, and to protect children from being kidnapped, etc. just for adoption purposes, but the way it is now is ridiculous.

The Texas foster care system is a sham. So many children, many of them abused and neglected will never have good homes because of the corruption and fraud of Child Protective Services.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: no

Post by brent » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:49 pm

trodLAN wrote:you're wrong on this one. Most new CDs with new artist have this number of songs.
Many people do it for different reasons, but it originally had to do with royalty issues. It was easy accounting that drove it. It had nothing to do with the blank media itself. Because the business of music has never progressed passed the methods of the 60s, the tradition stuck on CD releases as well.
0 x

lucianotaz
Pethead
Pethead

Voice

Post by lucianotaz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:21 am

It�s very nice to hear a album that has a truly singer performing it !!!

John�s voice is very powerful !!!

I hope we listen to this album very soon.

I loved the songs that starts at 0:44 s and 0:58s of the sample.

Sue, do you know if "Ready to Go" is in the album ?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:11 am

No, that song is not in this new album. That was a special song just for John's church.
0 x

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:44 pm

Whean we can see tha album cover art? :roll:
0 x